Well done Ollie

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done Ollie

Post by DG » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:31 pm

8 points from the last 4 games. Beat Villa and come back from 2 down against the form side in the league. Praise to the manager - it's due.
Locum meum praecepta mea

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Well done Ollie

Post by Satch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Agreed - i couldn't even really describe our set-up today, but that's a fantastic result. Good on him. I'm disappointed we didn't take all 3, that's how good we were second half. I thought they were better in the first, but not by the same degree we were better than them in the second.

aniclap aniclap aniclap

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Can't even remember them threatening second half - seemed first half we decided to soak up the pressure - good move tactically and upped the pressing second half - Fulham actually looked clueless at times second half.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Agreed: team, tactics and substitutions all spot on today.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 pm

I know he's not everyone's favourite but if we'd had Sylla out there i think we'd have battered them.

mexhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by mexhoop » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm

I think taking off Sessegnon did help somewhat, it's not just Holloway that makes mistakes.
That takes nothing away from a great wi.... Draw, well done Holloway and the whole team!

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Well done Ollie and the lads. That's the way to do it. Now just got to punish Brentfodder next month to complete the set. :D
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:01 pm

A superb point and had we gone on to win the game I don't think it would have flattered us.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Props where they're due. Whatever has changed in the background has been fantastic.

Good game today by all accounts

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:32 pm

The second half today was brilliant; a pleasure to witness.

However, no coincidence that we’ve played significantly better since switching to a back four. Our MOTM today (Pavel) is not a wing-back - again, no surprise that him and Bidwell are playing well in their proper positions.

Great that it’s finally happened but why it took most of the season to occur is anyone’s guess.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:32 pm
The second half today was brilliant; a pleasure to witness.

However, no coincidence that we’ve played significantly better since switching to a back four. Our MOTM today (Pavel) is not a wing-back - again, no surprise that him and Bidwell are playing well in their proper positions.

Great that it’s finally happened but why it took most of the season to occur is anyone’s guess.
I'd like to know why Holloway switched to a back four - did he finally listen to us (unlikely, to say the least), was it the departure of the defensive coach or Ramsey ? Or did the penny finally drop.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Our performances since January have been strange to say the least..

The Forest and Middlesbrough matches were real Nadir's and soul destroying as a fan IMO....

Watching decent players being played out of position to fit a "system" or formation has been annoying to watch as well..

What's the difference over the last couple of weeks ...

The introduction of hungry youth into the side? A return to a flat back 4? The Curtis departure?

I don't really care, just keep it up and let's go into the summer with a smile on our faces and the players and fans looking forward to the autumn return of football down the Bush with optimism...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Yep we’ll done Ollie for taking 38 games to realise Wozsolek isn’t a wingback.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 am

Donn't get the criticism myself. Ollie has done very well. The 5 at the back was necessary to change to and accommodate the 3 in midfield. It worked well to start with but was then severely impaired by our injury crisis in defence.

I's be interested to know how many on here would have suggested 4 at the back with a three man midfield core, one wide player and an U.23 player off Matt Smith up front. No-one else on here would have suggested that so I don't see why Ollie should be expected to come up with it from the outset.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 am
Donn't get the criticism myself. Ollie has done very well. The 5 at the back was necessary to change to and accommodate the 3 in midfield. It worked well to start with but was then severely impaired by our injury crisis in defence.

I's be interested to know how many on here would have suggested 4 at the back with a three man midfield core, one wide player and an U.23 player off Matt Smith up front. No-one else on here would have suggested that so I don't see why Ollie should be expected to come up with it from the outset.
Well in fairness many wanted the wingback system to change but I agree that Ollie is getting unwarranted criticism.