Robinson

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Robinson

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:18 am

Sheffield Utd seemingly trying to sign him. Sure we have not done anything as we are not sure we can afford him. SU would get him on a free so could probably pay a bigger salary. Will be a big loss. Also Ned who has his detractors but personally thought he was excellent yesterday.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Robinson

Post by dm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 am

He said in the week the club hasn't made him a new offer yet. Perhaps we're biding our time to see what other clubs are willing to pay him before making a move. Nonetheless, I think it's likely he'll leave for better money than we can afford to pay him.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 am

Got the drift from his interview which brought the contract issue out that he wasn't necessarily busting a gut to stay at Rangers - comments said to me that he was looking around and hoping to drum up some interest.

Hopefully Gary Penrice and co have some options pencilled in for this position, and others to strengthen the squad, within budget.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Nice of him to take this line after we paid his wages for the extended periods he was injured and on the sidelines.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm
Nice of him to take this line after we paid his wages for the extended periods he was injured and on the sidelines.
Footballers eh ? All loyalty and gratitude aren't they. Although he's a very good player, he'll probably be injured a fair bit so we'd be better off without him I feel. I'd like to think Ned will stay on at a reduced rate. He's what, 32 so may take a pay cut. He seems pretty committed to me. As long as he gets away with his catastrophe per game as he did yesterday, he'll suit us fine.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:58 pm

You do wonder whether players who are injury prone/approaching the end of their career are more likely to try and maximise pay days just because the next one might be their last. If anyone might prove an exception tho it could be Ned

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Maybe he’ll do a Lee Cook & give us his signing on fee hysterical

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Footballers eh ? All loyalty and gratitude aren't they. Although he's a very good player, he'll probably be injured a fair bit so we'd be better off without him I feel. I'd like to think Ned will stay on at a reduced rate. He's what, 32 so may take a pay cut. He seems pretty committed to me. As long as he gets away with his catastrophe per game as he did yesterday, he'll suit us fine.
Ned's like Danny Maddix in that way. I always used to relax after Danny had got his one-a-match brain-fart out of the way as he would then be relaxed and on top of his game from then on.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Always thought Ned was a decent pro and actually looks like he cares - mistakes in his locker but, always there to be counted - need players in your squad like this.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Ned's like Danny Maddix in that way. I always used to relax after Danny had got his one-a-match brain-fart out of the way as he would then be relaxed and on top of his game from then on.
I wish he was more like Danny on the pitch. One of the best man to man markers I saw at Loftus Road

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:26 pm

I wouldn't like Robbo to go to another Championship team. Hopefully we can resist that. If a Premiership team comes in for him then it would only be natural for him to go.
Come on you Sooopa ........

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:42 pm

I can really see Ned joining a relegated side who will offer him decent wages. I could see him at West Ham....

Do we have any promising youngsters who play CB?
Last edited by SheepRanger on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 pm

The Sheffield United link looks to be more guesswork that fact, HITC and Football League World reporting.

There is no doubt he will receive other offers and there will be other factors other than money, location and family for instance.

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:54 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 am
He said in the week the club hasn't made him a new offer yet. Perhaps we're biding our time to see what other clubs are willing to pay him before making a move. Nonetheless, I think it's likely he'll leave for better money than we can afford to pay him.
That would be a pretty strange tactic. Surely get him on a nice cheap wage before others even get a sniff?
@kischmusic

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:54 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 am
That would be a pretty strange tactic. Surely get him on a nice cheap wage before others even get a sniff?
Perhaps but the player and his agent will know they can wait to see what offers from other clubs look like as he's at the end of his contract. I'd imagine there's a fair bit of bluff and blunder from both sides over renewing a player's contract.