Sunderland Prediction

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Sunderland Prediction

Post by 222gers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Well, they are rock bottom and with a defensive injury crisis not entirely dissimilar to that which we had earlier in the season. However, they've shown on a few occasions that they can dig in for an unexpected point. So.....a tense 1-0 win to the Superhoops I think.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Sunderland Prediction

Post by White Duck » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 pm

We start the game on the front foot, score a goal midway through the first half (Smith) and a second early in the second half (Freeman). Sunderland score with 20 minutes to go but we win 2-1.
Lex Talionis........

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm

About time we gave someone a good thrashing so, 5-1

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Talking of a good thrashing, when was the last time we saw a Rangers player score a hattrick?

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Mr Austin v West Brom

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 am

If we play like we did against Derby we'll.be strong to beat.

I wont be there tomorrow so my curse will be removed, home win.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:41 am

23 is the number of chances Freeman has created for Smith the most from one player to another this season.

Sunderland have picked up 3 points from the last 24 available, 3 draws 5 losses - shipping 18 goals.

On paper they are in terrible form & desperate trouble, we had the ball for large parts of the Derby game & created plenty of chances, I think if we can be a bit more clinicle then we can win this maybe 3-1.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:33 am

When you're down and out and can't seem to buy a win, the best team to come up against is QPR! The team against which strikers with two year goal droughts score hat tricks and bottom placed teams come away with their first three points in four months!

2-1 to us it is then!😊

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 am

As many 'long-in-the-tooth' QPR supporters would say; it's just this sort of game that makes me nervous.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:16 am

dm wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 am
As many 'long-in-the-tooth' QPR supporters would say; it's just this sort of game that makes me nervous.
Enjoy it DM for all the up’s & downs we’ve had over the last few years, we are safe from relegation (don’t care what anyone says, 11 points including goal difference) all the pressure is on Sunderland.

Let’s hope Ollie sets up to attack & watch our promising youngsters play with freedom.

Now that’s my pre match speech out the way go & put your money on 3-0 Sunderland :D

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:21 am

Think the players and system deserve another chance on that showing unless tactically it makes more sense to change it around.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:16 am
dm wrote:
Enjoy it DM for all the up’s & downs we’ve had over the last few years, we are safe from relegation (don’t care what anyone says, 11 points including goal difference) all the pressure is on Sunderland.

Let’s hope Ollie sets up to attack & watch our promising youngsters play with freedom.

Now that’s my pre match speech out the way go & put your money on 3-0 Sunderland :D
Thanks Lala. I agree we're pretty well safe. I'll enjoy the game and particularly those young guns who are giving us some great entertainment and a bit of hope for next season too.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:17 am

dm wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
dm wrote:

Thanks Lala. I agree we're pretty well safe. I'll enjoy the game and particularly those young guns who are giving us some great entertainment and a bit of hope for next season too.
That's what I thought last season until we went on our final suicidal run - I won't believe we're safe until we're safe ssh epray
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:24 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:17 am
dm wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

That's what I thought last season until we went on our final suicidal run - I won't believe we're safe until we're safe ssh epray
Believe Bear Believe...

What could possibly go wrong... sofahide

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:28 am

2-1 to the R's!

My next door neighbour is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, and he is pinning his hopes on the fact there are 3 worse teams than Wednesday. I think there are easily 3 worse teams than QPR in the Championship this season. We have to a large extent got the points in the bag, and then there is goal difference. I will feel much happier though if at 5pm we have won. That will be only 10 games to go (30 points to play for, and for some teams even less) and a double figure cushion between us and trouble.

It is the sort of game we have lost in the past, but I think the same game plan/approach we took against Derby should see us OK. Give the youngsters licence to play. I would love it if we really tore them a new one. Key to that would be to score a couple of early goals.

One word of caution though ... look what they did at Bristol City.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.