Smith with back to goal

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Smith with back to goal

Post by old pauline » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

I think that is because Ollie is remodelling us away from a team which hits the big man who holds it up for others to run onto. Whether that is because Smith is not so good at that or not or because it is old hat I am not sure.

Either way we definitely play much less old school than in previous years when we had no. 9's who could hold the ball up and more orthodox wide men getting to the by-line.

And on the evidence of recent weeks you would have to say that that is no bad thing.
Come on you Sooopa ........

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Are we doing this?

www.perfectsoccerskills.com/articles/st ... -formation

Maybe away from home

Makes sense with Luongo and Scowen.Also a 3 of Eze,Freeman + one other (Washington or Manning,or Pawel) plus Smith up top.

Or Scowen and Manning with a central 3 of Eze,Freeman and Luongo.Note to check where Manning was playing last night-ahead of Luonogo?

Means Bidwell and Furlong are only full-backs.

I think this is Chelseas's formation when Mourhinio first arrived. Scowen is Makalele Smith is Drogba.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Yes.

I'd say we have also been doing it at home (unless we have had to change things round to try to get a goal back, e.g v Derby)
Come on you Sooopa ........