2017/18 Prediction - nearing the end

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

2017/18 Prediction - nearing the end

Post by IJM » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm

For those of you who I have bored this season with the above, the result of the Forest game meant that for the first time this season our points tally was showing less than last year and if the team in 22nd position attained 51 points (as Blackburn managed last season), then we could have been in danger of dropping through the trapdoor to League One.

However thankfully, it is extremely likely that the teams relegated this season will be below that total which saves our bacon and at least we gained a point last night v Derby whereas of course we lost the corresponding fixture last year 0-1.

For the record, my latest prediction is showing :

P46 W13 D13 L20 F51 A68 points 52 which based on last season would have left us in 21st position.

For the record, and assuming the bottom continue to attain points at the same rate as they have done all season to date, then come 6th May, Birmingham and Burton will have 39 points, whilst Sunderland will have 36 points - so you could argue that be are already safe - but I wouldn't hold my breathe just yet !

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: 2017/18 Prediction - nearing the end

Post by 222gers » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm

I, too feel the bottom clubs will struggle to reach lower to mid forties points this season. Once proud Sunderland look pretty well doomed but I would feel sorry if Burton go. Birmingham have only got themselves to blame for their current plight. I hope Shrewsbury come up - I've always had a liking for them maybe going back to when they had Gay Meadow as their home ground. As pretty as a cricket ground.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:40 pm

IJM wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm
For those of you who I have bored this season with the above, the result of the Forest game meant that for the first time this season our points tally was showing less than last year and if the team in 22nd position attained 51 points (as Blackburn managed last season), then we could have been in danger of dropping through the trapdoor to League One.

However thankfully, it is extremely likely that the teams relegated this season will be below that total which saves our bacon and at least we gained a point last night v Derby whereas of course we lost the corresponding fixture last year 0-1.

P46 W13 D13 L20 F51 A68 points 52 which based on last season would have left us in 21st position.

For the record, and assuming the bottom continue to attain points at the same rate as they have done all season to date, then come 6th May, Birmingham and Burton will have 39 points, whilst Sunderland will have 36 points - so you could argue that be are already safe - but I wouldn't hold my breathe just yet !
As a matter of interest do you do your prediction based on last seasons results, so like you said, last season we lost 0-1 to Derby so this season we are 1pt better off? Or do you look at it that after 36 games last season we were on Xpts and after 36 this season we are on X pts?

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:40 pm
IJM wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm

As a matter of interest do you do your prediction based on last seasons results, so like you said, last season we lost 0-1 to Derby so this season we are 1pt better off? Or do you look at it that after 36 games last season we were on Xpts and after 36 this season we are on X pts?
It has always been based on scores against equivalent opposition from last season and not, as you say, on a match by match basis.

I haven't got access to the remaining games we've got left at the moment, but for example last season we won 2-1 at Craven Cottage and I can't see us repeating that result this season so potentially we could drop a further 3 points on my prediction. On the bright side though I think we lost at home to Wednesday last season and only drew with Brum so there is a good chance we could improve on those results this time round.