Stuart Leary

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Stuart Leary

Post by 222gers » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Just back from an appointment with a new doctor named Stuart Leary which put me in mind of the Stuart Leary that played centre forward for us. Maybe some older posters may remember him - a cultured ball playing centre forward who also played cricket for Kent. Just as well as I suppose he only got paid about £11 a week with us. He was one of the few bright moments of playing at the White City Stadium.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Stuart Leary

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I remember being very pleased when we signed him, 222. I think he was South African and that he played previously for Charlton.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 pm
Just back from an appointment with a new doctor named Stuart Leary which put me in mind of the Stuart Leary that played centre forward for us. Maybe some older posters may remember him - a cultured ball playing centre forward who also played cricket for Kent. Just as well as I suppose he only got paid about £11 a week with us. He was one of the few bright moments of playing at the White City Stadium.
He was found dead on Table Mountain outside Cape Town in 1988 - he was 55 years old.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm
222gers wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 pm
He was found dead on Table Mountain outside Cape Town in 1988 - he was 55 years old.
That's right, I've been reading up on him. He did national service in the RAF. I think he was the first really classy player I ever saw for the Rangers except maybe Tony Ingham.