We should follow Sunderland’s example

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

We should follow Sunderland’s example

Post by PeterS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 pm

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: We should follow Sunderland’s example

Post by dm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Well done Sunderland. Yes, it may be something we could do, but I feel our club's work in the community is already something to be very proud of.

As important as this is, it must be said that the issue of homelessness is one that goes well beyond the offer of emergency winter shelter.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Yes indeed, sleeping on the streets, awful at any time, is beyond all imagining in this weather. In London it's difficult for another reason in that there is organised begging with old, usually Eastern European women being dropped off for a shift on the streets. It is for this reason that many people give a sandwich and a coffee rather than money - I'm not being cynical, I've seen people being dropped off and collected after a begging shift. This makes things even worse for genuine homeless people, some of whom are ex services. I understand the Mayor of London has made facilities available in this weather but we need a year long strategy and a hard look at society in general.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 pm
Well done Sunderland. Yes, it may be something we could do, but I feel our club's work in the community is already something to be very proud of.

As important as this is, it must be said that the issue of homelessness is one that goes well beyond the offer of emergency winter shelter.
Yes and no, when it's at dangerously low temperatures then the critical need for shelter is the issue of primary importance.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:49 am

Good idea, I've promised Mrs Stans Left Foot a weekend away, this could be the place, cheap too.......
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:20 pm

...and Villa are giving all the food that had been brought in for staff lunches to local homeless charities.