Simon Grayson

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Simon Grayson

Post by IJM » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:27 am

I'm not saying that we should lose Ollie because the problems with QPR lay fairly and squarely with the previous financial mismanagement of one Tony Fernandes and his misplaced trust in Agents whilst chasing his dislusional dream of QPR being a top top Premiership club.

However back to my original subject title , I can only think of Simon Grayson as being the obvious choice of an unemployed Manager with Championship experience. He did ok at Preston last season before being lured under false promises to Sunderland, who are doing no better under Chris Coleman, which proves the point that Grayson was doing as best he could with the players he had available to him at the Black Cats.

Being at QPR next season he would have the same problems as regards player acquisitions , but could he organise a team better than Ollie ? Who knows.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Simon Grayson

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 am

If he came in next season and did well it would be mainly due to what IH has achieved during these transitional seasons.

It wont hsppen though. Tony seems happy with a manager who has bought into the new strategy. They are on the same wave length.

I think IH deserves another season with one more big transfer window to get the squad he wants. There are still square pegs in round holes at the moment. There'll be a lot of movement in the summer and I hope Penrice has been busy.

Great start for McBernie sunce his mive from Swansea to Barnsley. And if our budget is going to be the same as Barnsley's then theyve picked up a decent forward. Three gosls in two games I think.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 am

Isn't Grayson at Bradford now?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 am

Despite my worries about Ollie, I can't see how it would make any sense for the club to pull the trigger now, nor, necessarily, at the end of the season - unless we did drop, and even then the decision would have to be carefully weighed.

We simply must know where we stand with FFP by the end of the season, or I think legal action should be taken against the League for its detrimental effect on our club as a business. Once that farcical saga is finally dealt with, a reasonable transfer kitty (say, £5m) should be put in place, the coaching set-up revisited, and the squad's togetherness consolidated, with a top notch pre-season arranged for the first time in living memory.

A decent top half showing next term, with us reaching the giddy heights of the F A Cup 4th Round (or at least not humiliating ourselves), would probably do me.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 am
Isn't Grayson at Bradford now?
Yep, got that job earlier this month.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:45 am

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Grayson did the best he could under the resources he had. Isn't that what Holloway is also doing? So despite results, why should we change the manager especially when we know he'll probably do no better? And more worryingly, we never have the new manager bounce and ultimately would suffer in the short term from a change meaning we risk being dragged further into the relegation scrap. Let's just get behind the team.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:47 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 am
the coaching set-up revisited
Even if Holloway is retained for next season, the lack of tactical nous has to be addressed.
Staff Benda Bilili

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:31 pm

His contract expires 18/19 season and there is no way the club will put money in to pay him and backroom staff off.