Just back....and the possible goal not seen....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Just back....and the possible goal not seen....

Post by Giorgio » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:09 pm

...and still disappointed, but honestly, watching the highlights I see how early on the first half Smith's header from the corner kick LOOKS
really in....!! I had the same impression from the upper loft....give that goal and the match would have gone another way....

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Just back....and the possible goal not seen....

Post by beaglebum » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Isn't there goal line technology in the championship?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 pm

..honestly I don't know....I know that my first impression - and the same the guys around me, we are right over the goal, row G, great view - was that the ball was in.....the ref could not see it, but the lino should have...and did nothing...watching again now in the highlights I get the same
impression...may be I am wrong.....but put us 1-0 up...things could have gone a different way...and....their first goal came from a
free kick taken fast that found our defense not ready....and that free kick was not a foul.....so ref's decisions influenced the build up of the result.....then of course, in the second half we were terrible....they had 5 shots and got 4 goals...very cynical...

...I would like to know Esox's opinion as he is seated in a perfect position...may be he saw it better than me...

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:03 am

Almost certainly a goal. These unaccountable ****s that officiate games really need sacking.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:09 am

...what I like to point out is...certainly we have been awful today, especially second half, but matches are made by episodes and today
episodes went against us...

- possible goal for us not seen
- their first goal coming from a free kick taken fast that did not look a foul ....Pawel did not touch their player...
- third goal with Lynch injured right outside the box and the bloody ref letting play...this season I have seen refs stopping immediately the game with a player on the ground...usually when we were counterattacking fast...

so..ok..terrible performance, not trying to defend IH - that I don't rate much..........but ... :roll: :roll:

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 am

We played well in the first half and knocked it around well with good crosses coming in. I was disappointed we went in 1-0 down. It was 2-0 half way through my pie in the concourse!!

The reason teams from the lower leagues beat teams from the premiership in the cups is because is because as footballers its possible to beat any opposition. The reason they play in the lower leagues is because thet cant do it every week.

Our players are good enough to win football matches but they are very prone to f..k it up now and again. Thats why they dont earn top permiership money, or championship top money.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:45 am

Looking at the highlights it seems a closer game than the scoreline suggests and if our finishing was as clinical as theirs it may have been a different result. I don't feel quite as angry now and you have to admit their goals were well taken. Looks hard to say if the ball was over the line or not.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 am
We played well in the first half and knocked it around well with good crosses coming in. I was disappointed we went in 1-0 down. It was 2-0 half way through my pie in the concourse!!

The reason teams from the lower leagues beat teams from the premiership in the cups is because is because as footballers its possible to beat any opposition. The reason they play in the lower leagues is because thet cant do it every week.

Our players are good enough to win football matches but they are very prone to f..k it up now and again. Thats why they dont earn top permiership money, or championship top money.
The ball went through your pie to make it 2-0? :D
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 am

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:38 pm
Isn't there goal line technology in the championship?
Only in the Prem

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:06 am

I was siting in G right on the line and the ball didn’t look completely over, but it was close. Forest did their homework on us, they shut down Freeman very quickly. It just shows you can get a decent result with mediocre players. Going to Villa next week, yay!
Sorry in advance.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am

It happened so quickly. From where I am (r block) it looked partially over - but not the full ball IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 pm
..honestly I don't know....I know that my first impression - and the same the guys around me, we are right over the goal, row G, great view - was that the ball was in.....the ref could not see it, but the lino should have...and did nothing...watching again now in the highlights I get the same
impression...may be I am wrong.....but put us 1-0 up...things could have gone a different way...and....their first goal came from a
free kick taken fast that found our defense not ready....and that free kick was not a foul.....so ref's decisions influenced the build up of the result.....then of course, in the second half we were terrible....they had 5 shots and got 4 goals...very cynical...

...I would like to know Esox's opinion as he is seated in a perfect position...may be he saw it better than me...
I have to say that at the time I didn't think that all of the ball was over all of the line. As it happened I looked almost instantly to the linesman in front of R Block and he seemed to be in the correct position to have seen if it had gone over and he never flinched.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:24 am

I could have sworn the ref was running around pointing to his wrist after Smith's effort bounced down, indicating either that he was relying on technology to tell him it wasn't a goal, or that he was a w*nker.

It was a strange game, at 2-4 going into injury time I still thought we'd get a point. They hit a couple of worldies but the defending was poor. We had them rattled for a while in the last twenty minutes but I felt we weren't offering enough down the flanks yesterday.

WAQ!
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by WAQ! » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:27 am

There is goal line technology in the championship. It's why Wszolek's magnificent bouncing lob was given as a goal earlier this season. If there was no goal line technology then I suspect the officials would've given a goal as it did look over the line, but probably a fifth wasn't over.
bah

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:41 am

We seem to be in the dark here...is there currently goal line technology or not ?