Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers v Nottingham Forest

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers v Nottingham Forest

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:37 pm

carrotstick wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:22 pm
Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:09 pm
I'm just glad we have 39 points chalked up already, we won't go down.
Villa and Derby coming up..... We've still got plenty to do
I'm not calling for Holloway's head...yet, but this tactical naivety isn't on and if he is
retained, that level of tactical incompetence isn't acceptable at a pro football club.

Stop Press Matt Smith scores!!
Last edited by Andy_N19 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Benda Bilili

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Wegerle wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:34 pm
4-1 all over now.
Then again maybe not!😲

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:44 pm

How much is tactical naivete and how much the players' incompetence, I wonder? Ollie is certainly no Mourinho-esque mastermind, but it's surely no secret that this squad is unreliable, inconsistent and lacks quality all over the park.(Or should that be 'shop'?)
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:44 pm
How much is tactical naivete and how much the players' incompetence, I wonder? Ollie is certainly no Mourinho-esque mastermind, but it's surely no secret that this squad is unreliable, inconsistent and lacks quality all over the park.(Or should that be 'shop'?)
Is the correct answer. At least we haven't completely folded like the Borough match. I don't think this squad is very good or intelligent TBH. Teams with even a little bit of above average quality are simply too much for us - Holloway or not.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm

5-2 at home against a lower mid table team.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Damien wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm
Is the correct answer. At least we haven't completely folded like the Borough match. I don't think this squad is very good or intelligent TBH. Teams with even a little bit of above average quality are simply too much for us - Holloway or not.
Which brings us to Millwall, just promoted, players not much better than ours, but they will have 9 points
more than us this evening. What is the difference? Figure that out then we can start to act.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm
by

Which brings us to Millwall, just promoted, players not much better than ours, but they will have 9 points
more than us this evening. What is the difference? Figure that out then we can start to act.
How do you know their players aren't much better than ours? They have taken four points of us this season and are waving us goodbye. This is the trap that too many of our supporters fall into - over-rating this group of players. I'd swap a lot of ours some of theirs. Luckily for us there seems to be a lot of dross down the bottom this season... and that may he enough to save our skins.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 pm

I look forward with grim anticipation to Ollie's post-match explanation of t/his latest 'fine mess'. It's one step forward and three back with the current squad, to say the least. Let's not be talking up our home form any more than it deserves either - now eight wins, five defeats and a GD of 0 after this debacle. We all know about our less than lethal forwards and our over-rated and mostly goal-shy midfield, but how secure is the case for the defence? sick

Apart from Smithies, Freeman and Smyth, and maybe Luongo, where is the real talent, technique and promise to be found among this worrying lot?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 pm
I look forward with grim anticipation to Ollie's post-match explanation of t/his latest 'fine mess'. It's one step forward and three back with the current squad, to say the least. Let's not be talking up our home form any more than it deserves either - now eight wins, five defeats and a GD of 0 after this debacle. We all know about our less than lethal forwards and our over-rated and mostly goal-shy midfield, but how secure is the case for the defence? sick

Apart from Smithies, Freeman and Smyth, and maybe Luongo, where is the real talent, technique and promise to be found among this worrying lot?
Scowen aint bad & Robinson is decent
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Or Brentford - a real footballing club, who've humiliated us twice in the Cups, and are now disappearing over the West London horizon. Whatever the antithesis of the pride of said W London town is, we're looking en route to becoming it!

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 pm

westlondonlalala wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Scowen aint bad
Think our whole mid-field is over-rated TBH. In their defence though, what's in front and behind would make most middles look dodgy. I just don't think there are any easy answers with this squad. Too many aren't that good and some are out of form. Limp over the line this season and have a serious rethink in the summer - otherwise we'll be here again next season unfortunately.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:37 pm
carrotstick wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:22 pm
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:09 pm
I'm just glad we have 39 points chalked up already, we won't go down.
Villa and Derby coming up..... We've still got plenty to do
I'm not calling for Holloway's head...yet, but this tactical naivety isn't on and if he is
retained, that level of tactical incompetence isn't acceptable at a pro football club.

Stop Press Matt Smith scores!!
You're not calling for his head then go on to say we are tactically naive. To state the obvious it's the managers job to sort out the tactics.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Ollie gets outsmarted nearly every week. How often does that happen to Warnock?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Scowen aint bad
Think our whole mid-field is over-rated TBH.
Luongo has made the most tackles per game in the division and Freeman has the most assists. They're not world beaters, but for a club with our resources they're not a bad midfield. I don't think there are many that see them as more than that.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Mr Beef wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 pm
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Scowen aint bad
Think our whole mid-field is over-rated TBH.
Luongo has made the most tackles per game in the division and Freeman has the most assists. They're not world beaters, but for a club with our resources they're not a bad midfield. I don't think there are many that see them as more than that.
Don't disagree with any of that analysis. I was more getting at the fact that they get away more lightly than the rest of the team when it is criticised. At the present time, they are as good as we are going to get that's for sure.