The missing OTEH

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

The missing OTEH

Post by Bevan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Whatever happened to him, is he injured?

He hasn’t been in the squad last few weeks since smyth returned to the squad!

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: The missing OTEH

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Bevan wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm

He doesn't defend well enough - that's usually why Ollie drops promising young wingers/strikers. I can only assume Conor defends really, really well in training....
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 pm
Bevan wrote:

He doesn't defend well enough - that's usually why Ollie drops promising young wingers/strikers. I can only assume Conor defends really, really well in training....
In training maybe :wink:

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Bevan wrote:

I missed that shit show today as I've injured my back - first time I can recall being relatively grateful of being in so much pain I couldn't get to a game. I can't believe we aren't capable of better than this.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 pm
Damien wrote:
Bear-Grills wrote:

I missed that shit show today as I've injured my back - first time I can recall being relatively grateful of being in so much pain I couldn't get to a game. I can't believe we aren't capable of better than this.
Get well soon fella. Must admit I didn't see that shellacking coming, thought we would be good for a point. Think we underestimated Forest today - and I hope lessons have been learntm

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Damien wrote:
Get well soon fella. Must admit I didn't see that shellacking coming, thought we would be good for a point. Think we underestimated Forest today - and I hope lessons have been learntm
Lesson are never learnt that's the problem. Doubt Holloway and Bircham know why we lost today so clearly will not be able to do anything to change things

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:

Lesson are never learnt that's the problem. Doubt Holloway and Bircham know why we lost today so clearly will not be able to do anything to change things
It would seem that way unfortunately - but it's what they are well paid to do. We certainly can't go on another long losing streak no matter what is happening below us. Can't see us getting anything from the next two that's for sure. We've been pretty good at getting results against those below us, and as I've said already - I think we underestimated Forest today(who are a better team than their position suggests) - and a lot of that is definitely IH's fault. Hopefully just a very 'bad day at the office", and one that won't be repeated any time soon at LR.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:41 pm

QPR_John wrote:

Why did we lose, just in case either of them are browsing?

I'm sure they'd be grateful for your input.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:41 pm
QPR_John wrote:

Why did we lose, just in case either of them are browsing?

I'm sure they'd be grateful for your input.
I simply support the club and am not paid to be football professional whereas Holloway and Bircham are

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Well support them and stop criticising them in their job.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:24 pm
Are you actually saying Holloway is above criticism. We just sit back and accept what we are given tug our forelocks and give thanks.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 pm

I wasn't there today but my Dad was and says most of the team were below par and looked leggy compared to Forest: sounds like one of those days when we were not at our best and this coincided with Forest having a great day in front of goal....
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:54 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Are you actually saying Holloway is above criticism. We just sit back and accept what we are given tug our forelocks and give thanks.
You could go and "support" another team which meet your requirements more than QPR do.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:50 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:54 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
You could go and "support" another team which meet your requirements more than QPR do.
Good grief you really are a nasty piece of work.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 pm

and you are someone who has failed to see what is happening at QPR. We're potless... skint... have no money... without funds... once you grasp this concept you will see that the future isn't as bright as us supporters would wish it to be but all we can do is to try to make the players feel that their undoubted efforts are met met with support even if the skill levels are not all we would wish for. The 20 goal a season striker isn't going to turn up to play for us at the wages we offer, nor do will they do it for the love of QPR. We are stuck for the foreseeable future with a decent set of players who give their all and occasionally, as we all saw today, get it horribly wrong on occasions. IH is a poor tactician but has managed to assemble a half decent squad of players who at least try their best. That, I'm afraid, is about as good it is going to get for a while and if you can't support them through these dire days then what use are you as a supporter? That's hardly being nasty, more pragmatic.