Leicester... FFP Resolution

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Leicester... FFP Resolution

Post by SM » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Leicester... FFP Resolution

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm

"In reaching a settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the Club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the Rules or to deceive"

So the FL think we did make a deliberate attempt to infringe the rules and attempted to deceive them. Charging a Premier League club £3.1M is loose change at the back of the sofa but £40M could possibly kill us nice to see the FL look after their own

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm
"In reaching a settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the Club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the Rules or to deceive"

So the FL think we did make a deliberate attempt to infringe the rules and attempted to deceive them. Charging a Premier League club £3.1M is loose change at the back of the sofa but £40M could possibly kill us nice to see the FL look after their own
My take on that statement is that it was a part of the overall deal reached between Leicester and the EFL, in my opinion. I don't know what their original fine was but I think it was more than 3.1m.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 pm

I can see now why our situation is taking so long to resolve. There is no way we should be paying ten times what Leicester did for the same crime. Hope our lawyers show the FL that our fine is totally disproportionate and settle for a lot less. If not we need to fight them all the way till they see sense(if that can ever be applied to that institution).

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:16 pm

I think they made a loss of over 20 million but most of it was shown to be on the academy and “promotions” whatever that means. I guess our loss was all transfers and wages so we copped it for the whole amount. As much as I hate FFP it's amazing how the owners just kept ploughing on knowing full well they were driving a coach and horses through the regulations.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Damien wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 pm
I can see now why our situation is taking so long to resolve. There is no way we should be paying ten times what Leicester did for the same crime. Hope our lawyers show the FL that our fine is totally disproportionate and settle for a lot less. If not we need to fight them all the way till they see sense(if that can ever be applied to that institution).
The problem the FL have is that in the original rules they introduce a System to stop clubs going into debt by designing a punishment based on the size of that debt without a top limit. Basically go into debt and we will proportionately increase that debt. They cannot get out of it however they might want to so they will be prepared to sacrifice our club to save face and not least to protect themselves from actions from other clubs. I cannot see how the FL can come to an agreement with us so either they lose or we do

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 pm

A few million paid and a suspended sentence.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:53 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:21 pm
Damien wrote:
The problem the FL have is that in the original rules they introduce a System to stop clubs going into debt by designing a punishment based on the size of that debt without a top limit. Basically go into debt and we will proportionately increase that debt. They cannot get out of it however they might want to so they will be prepared to sacrifice our club to save face and not least to protect themselves from actions from other clubs. I cannot see how the FL can come to an agreement with us so either they lose or we do
That's the most blunt interpretation I've seen but sadly the most likely outcome. Many posters on here are still optimistic that we'll somehow prevail, some are even cavalier about it. Clearly though, either us or the league are heading for the last chance saloon.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:16 pm
I think they made a loss of over 20 million but most of it was shown to be on the academy and “promotions” whatever that means. I guess our loss was all transfers and wages so we copped it for the whole amount. As much as I hate FFP it's amazing how the owners just kept ploughing on knowing full well they were driving a coach and horses through the regulations.
I assume promotion costs being player bonuses which Leicester thought were outside of the rules. They have a point because its not part of regular earnings and promotion is never guaranteed.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:53 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Damien wrote:
That's the most blunt interpretation I've seen but sadly the most likely outcome. Many posters on here are still optimistic that we'll somehow prevail, some are even cavalier about it. Clearly though, either us or the league are heading for the last chance saloon.
The way to resolve it so everyone saves face and no other clubs take action against the EFL is to come to an agreement with the amount we pay them being undisclosed.
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:01 pm

222gers wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
Damien wrote:
I don't believe we'll prevail but i'm not quite sure it's the zero sum game presented.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:17 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm
222gers wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

The way to resolve it so everyone saves face and no other clubs take action against the EFL is to come to an agreement with the amount we pay them being undisclosed.
But that is the point the fine is fixed with no get out. The FL cannot reach an agreement, even their independent arbitration panel agreed the punishment was proportional. An agreement by definition would be less than the rules dictated and others would want to know why

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm a bit puzzled re the Leicester situation. I thought they are out of the jurisdiction of the EFL and could only be punished if they were relegated back into the Championship.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Read the Leicester statement: they have reached a settlement with the EFL so an agreement has been reached between the parties. The amount they have paid is clearly lower than the original figure.
Lex Talionis........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 pm
Read the Leicester statement: they have reached a settlement with the EFL so an agreement has been reached between the parties. The amount they have paid is clearly lower than the original figure.
But was the amount of their original fine known, our fine has been advertised to the world and his dog
Last edited by QPR_John on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.