Match Thread: Sheffield United v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Sheffield United v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 pm
Don't think we should feel too dejected. Ollie has repeatedly said that some of our away performances have merited more points and we've been doing well in spells away from home against some strong teams. Plus we have beaten one or two who are around us in the table. Just need to keep the faith and avoid going into our shell away from home.
Oh, well if that's what Holloway said, then it's fine. I expect we'll get some sort of prize come the end of the season. Let's be honest, when it comes to absolute bullshitters, who do you trust, Holloway or the Results table after 3/4 season.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Our away form will need addressing that's for sure. We've competed well in the last two games against good sides and by all accounts should have got two points from them. Someone needs to get into the players heads that we are good enough to get wins or draws on the road. That's what IH should be concentrating on in the summer. Thankfully our home form should see us safe.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm
old pauline wrote:
Don't think we should feel too dejected. Ollie has repeatedly said that some of our away performances have merited more points and we've been doing well in spells away from home against some strong teams. Plus we have beaten one or two who are around us in the table. Just need to keep the faith and avoid going into our shell away from home.
Oh, well if that's what Holloway said, then it's fine. I expect we'll get some sort of prize come the end of the season. Let's be honest, when it comes to absolute bullshitters, who do you trust, Holloway or the Results table after 3/4 season.
I trust him more than some of the posters on here who seemingly never see a game unfold in front of them
Come on you Sooopa ........

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Damien wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 pm
Our away form will need addressing that's for sure. We've competed well in the last two games against good sides and by all accounts should have got two points from them. Someone needs to get into the players heads that we are good enough to get wins or draws on the road. That's what IH should be concentrating on in the summer. Thankfully our home form should see us safe.
In our promotion year a few seasons back, didn't we have a "pyscho bloke" on the staff who did just that ? where is he ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Steve Black. He was a consultant.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:16 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:11 pm
Satch wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm
old pauline wrote:
I trust him more than some of the posters on here who seemingly never see a game unfold in front of them
He's not an impartial adjudicator though, is he?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Read what he says on the Offish. He makes it patently clear that we need to improve our away form and that there is work to be done, Much like on many other occasions he paints a reasonably accurate picture of events and gives a realistic outlook - in my opinion, I don't recall too many cases of him saying we were all over them and were robbed when we have come away pointless away from home.
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm
Read what he says on the Offish. He makes it patently clear that we need to improve our away form and that there is work to be done, Much like on many other occasions he paints a reasonably accurate picture of events and gives a realistic outlook - in my opinion, I don't recall too many cases of him saying we were all over them and were robbed when we have come away pointless away from home.
He's the manager of the team of course he knows we need to improve our away form but the question is can he improve our away form

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:00 pm

I've always found the away form issue in general a fascinating phenomonon in football.
I understand the hostile home fans/ different pitch/ travelling/ different changing rooms etc. part but why this has such a big influence on most teams performances is baffling.
Same players, different mind set. Surely a code that will be cracked some day?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:47 am
Crabsandwich wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:37 am
They spent over £5m in the summer. Stearman and Lundstram who scored last night cost around £1.5 between them.

Give Olly £5m and I'm sure it would have an impact, although all the reports suggest we did compete last night and were unlucky to come away with nothing.
Laughable. £5m spending in a promotion window doesn't justify us not being on par with a team promoted last season. Cousins and Conor are the equivalent of that (actually more). Even with our low spending, most of our team are valued more than S United.
Laughable? A team on the up adding quality to their side versus a team who just avoided the drop spending sod all? Get a grip fella.
You seem to have missed my original point by quite soon be margin. As you were.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am
SU came up from League One last season, so on paper we should've been competitive with them. Yet, we sit in 15th, 13 points behind them in 7th.
The major difference between the two teams on the pitch is they have a decent manager.
I'm struggling to see why we shouldn't be disappointed with the result.
I think you've answered your own point there....

SU are on the way up with a successful settled team plus one or two additions

we on the other hand are trying to stabalise a sinking ship from the Prem with all the other shite that comes with it. That includes dumping some - we've only just got rid of Caulker, JET still with us, so it's not a complete club.

simple as that, or have I missed something....? By all accounts we played OK yesterday, sure SU pressed in the first half but they're the home team.

Rome wasn't built in a day and sorting out QPR probably wont be done by 2023, come back to me then :wink: :wink: :wink:
We have personnel that are every bit as good (if not better) than a team with predominantly League One quality players. Sure we've got all sorts of issues, but to accept that we shouldn't be disappointed with the result is ludicrous.