Forever Rs

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Forever Rs

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I always enjoy the halftime inductions - better than listening to banal pop music. Who would you like to be inducted soon ? I hadn't realised Mike Keen had died, he would have been one of my choices.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Forever Rs

Post by dm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:40 pm

I think Rodney's been inducted but it wasn't done at the ground. I'd just love to see the old scoundrel acknowledged at a game. He was the original QPR star no 10 after all.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm

And the undoing of Gerry Francis.
But he gives me the impression that he’s annoyed about being loved less than Stan (who admittedly, is my personal fave, albeit an age thing).

In answer to the original question, I’m not sure of whose already in, I’ve not kept track and not aware of any list, so difficult to offer a suggestion.
It often feels like it’s whoevers in town at the time, but I don’t want to denounce what is an excellent effort by the club in general.

When is Brian Williams next due back down south ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:09 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm
But he gives me the impression that he’s annoyed about being loved less than Stan (who admittedly, is my personal fave, albeit an age thing).

In answer to the original question, I’m not sure of whose already in, I’ve not kept track and not aware of any list, so difficult to offer a suggestion.
It often feels like it’s whoevers in town at the time, but I don’t want to denounce what is an excellent effort by the club in general.

It would be a good idea for the club to add a page to the Offish - each player inducted (so a full list) and a few details about position, games played and goal scored.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Brian Williams made I laugh....

How about Steve Burke, Gordon Hill or maybe Andy King or Mickey Walsh...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:50 pm

The most obvious one which springs to mind is Gavin Peacock but I imagine his return has to coincide with a visit back to the UK
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 pm

When you look at the inductees it makes you realise how lucky we've been, as a small club, to have had such people on our books. There can't be many clubs of our size that have had such a panoply of talent.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:50 pm
The most obvious one which springs to mind is Gavin Peacock but I imagine his return has to coincide with a visit back to the UK

Or more so, whoever is back in London at the time....

And I loved Andy King for his brace against Luton around ‘79/80. Played golf with him once but sadly passed away a couple of years ago, aged 58, so won’t be turning up at HT anytime soon.....

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:09 pm
QPR1976 wrote:

It would be a good idea for the club to add a page to the Offish - each player inducted (so a full list) and a few details about position, games played and goal scored.
A regularly updated list on the offish would be a really good idea. There are so many I would love to see at half time and bearing in mind that some of us miss a few games we are sometimes unaware that certain players have been inducted. “Henry” mancini would be a really popular one amongst us older punters. I seem to remember him being inducted but with my alcohol befuddled brain, I'm not sure.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:17 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:09 pm
QPR1976 wrote:

A regularly updated list on the offish would be a really good idea. There are so many I would love to see at half time and bearing in mind that some of us miss a few games we are sometimes unaware that certain players have been inducted. “Henry” mancini would be a really popular one amongst us older punters. I seem to remember him being inducted but with my alcohol befuddled brain, I'm not sure.

I initially thought in the programme, but that's not feasible as the list continues to grow. The Offish .. that is definitely possible.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Chimpo
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Chimpo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 am

Mark Falco for me

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Glen Roeder, Simon Stainrod, Darren Peacock, Simon Barker, Ray Wilkins, Trevor Francis, Clive Wilson, David Bardsley....... the list goes on. And before people slate Wilkins and Francis, both were great players for us, if not managers.