Red Card

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Red Card

Post by SM » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

They got away with murder defending our set pieces all afternoon.

At the time I thought it was never a red. Having seen the highlights, it’s a bit worse than I first thought... but still harsh IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:48 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

At the time I thought it was never a red. Having seen the highlights, it’s a bit worse than I first thought... but still harsh IMO.
Lunging in through the player? Looked dangerous play to me.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:51 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:48 pm
SM wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Lunging in through the player? Looked dangerous play to me.
It was badly timed, but a yellow card would have been enough IMO.

I disagree with Parkinson, and felt he was actually very generous towards them during the game - but if that decision had gone against us I would have felt aggrieved.

Similar to Mackie’s red against Preston earlier in the season?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 pm

..yep the ref was blind on Smith in many occasions as he was continuously pulled, pushed, held....and the funniest,
surrounded by three defenders that prevented him from moving, he was penalized.... :roll: :roll:

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I thought it was quite alarming that it took them getting a red card for us to score.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Within the letter of the rules it was a red card. I however, came to that conclusion having seen the TV coverage from different angles.

The ref was not in a good position. TV again suggests his view was shielded by a QPR player, and the whole thing happened away from him and very quickly. He didn't consult anyone else and made a very quick decision. The ref was poor all afternoon, and this was another example. He got lucky as TV bore him out, but I very much doubt he was 100% certain when he made that decision.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 pm
Within the letter of the rules it was a red card. I however, came to that conclusion having seen the TV coverage from different angles.

The ref was not in a good position. TV again suggests his view was shielded by a QPR player, and the whole thing happened away from him and very quickly. He didn't consult anyone else and made a very quick decision. The ref was poor all afternoon, and this was another example. He got lucky as TV bore him out, but I very much doubt he was 100% certain when he made that decision.
They're laws and you're right, it was one letter of or not. I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise a ref for for a decision he got spot on and assume it was fortuitous. Absolute clear red, just because he didn't break Luongo's leg doesn't alter that. It's only saving grace was, being so poorly timed he managed to miss both of Mass' legs. If he'd caught him it could have been nasty. Flying in, no control and both feet off the ground (over the top of the ball if the ball had been close) definite red, surprised anyone feels otherwise, the player certainly didn't seem too aggrieved.
Last edited by Satch on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Absolutely, what's the point even debating it?

"You are the ref" - no, you're not, sit back down.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 pm

I thought that it was a yellow at the time, but having seen it again it was a red card. Their player didn't complain and went straight off. Most people around me were surprised that it was a red card, but we got it wrong, while the ref got it right. Perhaps that might tell us something.

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 pm

I did not have a clear view at the time but looking st the replay that is a yellow under normal circumstances but the ref had just got loads of abuse from a decision a few minutes earlier and with that in the bank, it was a reactionary red card.