Red Card

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Red Card

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Can anybody throw light on the red card not seen it discussed anywhere. I'm in the SAR stand and was right above it so not a good angle so it looked no more than a yellow to me and I assumed it was a second but then I realised it was a straight red. I can only think it was off the ground not in control

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Red Card

Post by dm » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 pm

I agree with you John. It was very harsh and a yellow at most.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:06 pm

The ref had a strange game I felt and at times enraged both sets of supporters. On the subject of supporters, a good turn out for Bolton but they seemed rather reticent.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Phil Parkinson requesting an order of sour grapes to go with the chip on his shoulder... obviously didn't see Smith getting molested in the penatly area at every corner...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43012811

Bolton boss Phil Parkinson told BBC Radio Manchester:

"Mark Little's (feet) left the ground and he's given the ref a decision to make. Away from home, when you've got the weak officials we had today, it was always going to end up in a red.

"I can see why he's given that one, but I thought the all-round performance of all four officials was very poor.

"Loftus Road is a tight ground, the crowd are on top of you and Ian Holloway's jumping up and down appealing for everything and having a go at the ref at half-time.

"You need strong officials and we didn't have them today. I think if that had been a QPR player it would have been a yellow card."

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Here are the strangely edited highlights.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 2-0-bolton

Last angle shows why the tackle was a straight red.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Last angle shows why the tackle was a straight red.
Yes I see why a red card now

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Indeed, The Notlob manager Phil Parkinson should have no complaints when he sees that.

Strange lack of player celebrations to our second goal as well.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 pm

It looks much worse in slow motion than it did live. I thought it was just a bit clumsy at first but the slo-mo replay clearly shows he had his feet off the ground and studs showing.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Yes, having seen the highlights it looks a definite red card alright.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:44 pm

TV shows he had both feet off the ground. It could have been a nasty one, though thankfully not. It was both reckless and dangerous. Hence the straight red.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 pm
Phil Parkinson requesting an order of sour grapes to go with the chip on his shoulder... obviously didn't see Smith getting molested in the penatly area at every corner...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43012811

Bolton boss Phil Parkinson told BBC Radio Manchester:

"Mark Little's (feet) left the ground and he's given the ref a decision to make. Away from home, when you've got the weak officials we had today, it was always going to end up in a red.

"I can see why he's given that one, but I thought the all-round performance of all four officials was very poor.

"Loftus Road is a tight ground, the crowd are on top of you and Ian Holloway's jumping up and down appealing for everything and having a go at the ref at half-time.

"You need strong officials and we didn't have them today. I think if that had been a QPR player it would have been a yellow card."
Quite laughable for him to criticise Holloway when he and his assistant were in the officials faces at every opportunity. The fact that neither he nor any of their players really contested the red card said it all.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:17 pm

...form the Upper Loft I thought it was harsh, but now watching the highlights I think he missed Max's legs but it was pretty bad
and dangerous and deserved it....even the guy did not complain and left the pitch....

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 pm

It was a pretty agricultural challenge to say the least, and Luongo (who from what I saw showed one or two nice bits of twinkly-toed footwork today) could have come a cropper. To be fair, the player himself didn't seem to want to argue, so I don't know why his manager did.
Last edited by stainrod's elbow on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Having set it up, Smith actually looks pissed off when the second (first) goal goes in - adding to Sky's upside down editorial weirdness. It ieminded me of when Clive Allen hit the post from about a yard in that 7-0 drubbing of Burnley back in the day, someone else followed up to score, and all he could do was kick the post in frustration.

Is it strikers' natural selfishness or am I missing something?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Parkinson called the referee a 'homer' and said all the decisions went our way. Exactly why is that not an open and shut case of bringing the game into disrepute by smearing the integrity of the officials? Bitter twat! Accordingly, I look forward to seeing the authorities throwing the book at him and hope his agricultural side slide down the Championship plughole to boot.