Wishy washy

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Wishy washy

Post by Damien » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:15 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 am
Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 pm
Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 pm
But Smith scored....that’s the difference.
nailonhead In fairness CW did score last week - but I don't think he is ever going to be good enough. Hope we don't start next season with him or Smith TBH.
Not sure why youd want Smith out of the club. He does offer an aerial outlet whereas CW offers nothing. Smith is a goid squad striker to have - surely?
Maybe as a squad player, but if we want to be worrying the other end of the table next season... he shouldn't be starting. Of course if the plan is just another season of staying in the Championship... then Smith is probably good enough.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:04 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:06 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm
Without JET we have eight forwards listed in the squad. Im sure conor will leave and perhaps ee'll get marriott to replace him but cant see Sylla and Makie being replaced with the squad numbers we have. The young guns will be thrown in and perhaps a loan if they cant find the net. If Freeman and Louongo leave will they be replaced when we have Manning and Goss? I think there'll be a lot leaving in the summer with only half as many joining.

My thoughts were based on Mackie being past it BEFORE his current serious injury and being out of contract. And that Holloway doesn’t seem to like Sylla.
There’s also a chance of getting a fee from both Sylla & Washington which will help in recruiting.
But I agree, we’ll likely see more out than in, but that will be balanced with Bright-Samuel, Smyth, Eze, Oteh & Chair all continuing to play more prominent roles.
It may not be half as we made great strides in offloading in January with 9 or 10 leaving
If we got money for Smithies, Freeman, Luongo, Sylla and Washington I'd amazed if we spent £1m of the money generated.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:14 pm

It looks like our future will be ever thus. With the constraints of FFP and with gates averaging about 13-14 thousand we will always be making a loss. The only unknown is how much the loss will be and whether we can keep it within the savage FFP rules. My mate in Australia writes to say he hopes someone with loads of money comes to save us. I had difficulty explaining that the richest bloke in the world couldn't help as he wouldn't be allowed to spend his dosh on us.
Last edited by 222gers on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:20 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:59 pm
I don't like to moan about a player but I really have had it with Washington. We had 22 shots on goal today against a poor team that spent most of a half down to 10 men. Washington failed to contribute a single shot.

He's having less and less impact on a game as the season progresses. As the striker wearing our no 9 shirt he had zero impact today. He's the most wishy washy striker we've had for a very long time. For his own sake and ours he should move on in the summer.
Exactly - he wasn't missing chances, he wasn't getting them. If we'd been playing balls for him to get onto rather than crosses into the box we could have been having the same conversation about Smith who wasted multiple chances. How long is Sylla out for or is it an 'injury' because Holloway doesn't want to play him.

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm
Eze seems like more of a midfielder to me
Agreed.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:20 pm
dm wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:59 pm
I don't like to moan about a player but I really have had it with Washington. We had 22 shots on goal today against a poor team that spent most of a half down to 10 men. Washington failed to contribute a single shot.

He's having less and less impact on a game as the season progresses. As the striker wearing our no 9 shirt he had zero impact today. He's the most wishy washy striker we've had for a very long time. For his own sake and ours he should move on in the summer.
Exactly - he wasn't missing chances, he wasn't getting them. If we'd been playing balls for him to get onto rather than crosses into the box we could have been having the same conversation about Smith who wasted multiple chances. How long is Sylla out for or is it an 'injury' because Holloway doesn't want to play him.

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm
Eze seems like more of a midfielder to me
Agreed.
Interesting point regarding Washington not getting chances yesterday. Whereas you're right that yesterday we played to Smith's strengths, as per usual Washington was rarely in the right place at the right time. He had almost the same number of touches of the ball as Smith did yet produced nothing.

Sylla's had a calf injury for some time now but apparently he's close to a return.

Eze looks very much like a classic no 10 and would suit playing behind a main striker.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Happy to concede Eze is not an out & out striker as most have pointed out. I think I meant Oteh.
And/or Wheeler ?

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Sell em all.

I'll play LB, Lala creative midfilder, DM target man up front (big lump) and Damien midfield enforcer!

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:19 pm
Sell em all.

I'll play LB, Lala creative midfilder, DM target man up front (big lump) and Damien midfield enforcer!
You'll play left wing back and like it.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Sell em all.

You'll play left wing back and like it.
Fook that! I was told never to cross the half way line! I was fast over 15 strides but up and down would blow my lungs out!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sell em all.

Given Damian's critical eye for what constitutes a decent midfielder, i think you might need a rethink.