Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bolton Wanderers

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Bolton Wanderers

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Don’t think it will take four wins to reach safety! The teams in the bottom three are in poor form, so safety will only require 45 points this year

Don’t mind another four wins though!
That sounds like cutting it a bit fine for me. Aim for at least fifty and we can avoid the end of season scramble like last year. We are winning the games that matter unlike last season... so that fills me with hope 8)

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Don’t think it will take four wins to reach safety! The teams in the bottom three are in poor form, so safety will only require 45 points this year

Perhaps, but it would be a gamble at 45 points to drop a lot of senior players to give the kids a go. I'd be happy to see four or five younger players on the pitch at the same time once we can get above 50pts. I really dont want the tinkering that happened last season.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Last season should be a lesson in making sure any tinkering with the side is done do with some balance. Enough senior pros to rest some players at different times.

Think young Furlong deserves a run alongside a solid back line of senior players and then throw in the likes of Eze, Smyth or BOS. Wouldn't throw them all in together.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:24 pm
Last season should be a lesson in making sure any tinkering with the side is done do with some balance. Enough senior pros to rest some players at different times.

Think young Furlong deserves a run alongside a solid back line of senior players and then throw in the likes of Eze, Smyth or BOS. Wouldn't throw them all in together.
But if the future is the kids due to our reducing budget then get as many as you can on the pitch when we are msthematically safe. It could be the first next season due to finances so get em blooded

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Both teams were poor today.... We are where we deserve to be.... lower mid table... Blooding attacking youngsters for next season is all very good when we're safe BUT....

What about our defence next season.... Jack and Ned are likely gone and surely Furlong should be first choice RB/WB over Pawel who is a WINGER....
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm
Danish Ranger wrote:

That sounds like cutting it a bit fine for me. Aim for at least fifty and we can avoid the end of season scramble like last year. We are winning the games that matter unlike last season... so that fills me with hope 8)
Did we not have 50 points before the end of season scramble