QPR+ and Pass Plus

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
bwhoops
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am

QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by bwhoops » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:24 pm

I shall be on an extended holiday in Spain soon. If I pay for Pass Plus, does anyone know if I will be able to view games using Internet Explorer on a PC? Or does it require a tablet and app?

Thanks

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by ActonArthur » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:39 pm

it only works with a PC I believe and not with a tablet. I have had a PC running it.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 pm

It works on both. Although the app is possibly a bit more reliable. I'm not sure if you can use internet explorer though. From memory they recommend Chrome. If you have access to TV (modern enough to have a HDMI port) a cheap device called a chromecast will allow you to wirelessly watch the game on a tv rather than computer screen.

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by ActonArthur » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 pm
It works on both. Although the app is possibly a bit more reliable. I'm not sure if you can use internet explorer though. From memory they recommend Chrome. If you have access to TV (modern enough to have a HDMI port) a cheap device called a chromecast will allow you to wirelessly watch the game on a tv rather than computer screen.
Never tried it with chrome cast, does that work from the app?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 pm

ActonArthur wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm
Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 pm
It works on both. Although the app is possibly a bit more reliable. I'm not sure if you can use internet explorer though. From memory they recommend Chrome. If you have access to TV (modern enough to have a HDMI port) a cheap device called a chromecast will allow you to wirelessly watch the game on a tv rather than computer screen.
Never tried it with chrome cast, does that work from the app?
I've never tried tbh, only ever the browser.

User avatar
Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by Monkey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 am

Do you need to have a foreign billing address, or can anyone get it and it allows access based on IP location?
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by Satch » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:41 am

I've got a foreign billing address so not sure.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by StevenageRanger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 am

Monkey wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 am
Do you need to have a foreign billing address, or can anyone get it and it allows access based on IP location?
It's based on IP location. I have used twice for away games with my usual log-in details when I have been out of the country 😛

thebigfatchef
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 am

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by thebigfatchef » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Does it work on a android box, overseas from the UK.
After downloading the app from play store.

Thanks for the info.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by Wegerle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm

I use the app on Android and the pc version using Chrome. Both work fine abroad although you do need a fast internet connection for smooth viewing. At least 10 Mbps download speed.

User avatar
qprhoops81
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Location: Buckland

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by qprhoops81 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 pm

i work for an american company and use VPN to do so. Purely theoretical.... but might it work for plus pass.
Image
The problem with quotations on the internet is, you don't know whether they're accurate. - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by ActonArthur » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 pm
ActonArthur wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm
Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 pm
It works on both. Although the app is possibly a bit more reliable. I'm not sure if you can use internet explorer though. From memory they recommend Chrome. If you have access to TV (modern enough to have a HDMI port) a cheap device called a chromecast will allow you to wirelessly watch the game on a tv rather than computer screen.
Never tried it with chrome cast, does that work from the app?
I've never tried tbh, only ever the browser.
In that case I don’t think the app works with chrome cast as I had a good look and could see no evidence of CC hence my question. If anyone can enlighten me on running from IOS I’m all ears..

thebigfatchef
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 am

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by thebigfatchef » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am

Hi ,
I have an android box with Qpr+ app installed but when I try and watch a game , a message pops up stating it could not retrieve the location?.
I have gone on the smart tv box settings and the location is switched as on.

Can someone help?

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by DBHoops » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm

It previously has been excellent, but now it isn't working on PC - even in Chrome. Keeps saying something but something being triggered. +pass are saying its something to do with the internet speeds, but speed test shows no problems. Keep turning it on and off again but to no avail. Cleared cookies - everything and nothing for the last month

Works fine on the mobile, which is not great on the eyes and has no Chromecast compatibility.

It's a wonderful thing, but nowhere near reliable enough.

Sigh

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: QPR+ and Pass Plus

Post by Wegerle » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:34 pm

DBHoops wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm
It previously has been excellent, but now it isn't working on PC - even in Chrome. Keeps saying something but something being triggered. +pass are saying its something to do with the internet speeds, but speed test shows no problems. Keep turning it on and off again but to no avail. Cleared cookies - everything and nothing for the last month

Works fine on the mobile, which is not great on the eyes and has no Chromecast compatibility.

It's a wonderful thing, but nowhere near reliable enough.

Sigh
I had the same problems at first and it was a speed issue. As soon as I turned my phone into my own 4G hotspot (which is much faster than most wifi or home connections) the problems were resolved.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests