How come....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

How come....

Post by Stans left foot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:04 pm

We apparently declined re-signing Hoilett and he was deemed not worthy of a Rangers place or employment...

yet he's knocking them in for Cardiff, just like in his best form?

No 10 just gone in tonight...but, great as he is - we keep Mackie?

OK I know I'm not privy to all the facts, personal terms/demands etc, but on the face of it, a major goof.

Or have I missed something, again?

Retrospective glasses are wonderful things but arguably we've ended up with Wheeler instead.... :shock:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: How come....

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Warnock gets the best out of rejects.

Despite most on here slating junior on a regular basis I knew there was a player in there somewhere, just the curse of qpr, players careers coming to a grinding hault the moment they put our shirt on.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Wasn't he offered a contract and turned it down? Why would he suddenly have improved now, he was hardly a youth teamer. He was shit his entire tenure, barring a short spell when his contract was winding down. His greatest contribution was a miss hit pass. Maybe it was down to the coaching but i can't imagine it ever having worked out here and i'm glad to see the back of him tbh.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Wasn't he offered a contract and turned it down? Why would he suddenly have improved now, he was hardly a youth teamer. He was shit his entire tenure, barring a short spell when his contract was winding down. His greatest contribution was a miss hit pass. Maybe it was down to the coaching but i can't imagine it ever having worked out here and i'm glad to see the back of him tbh.
I make you about right. Hoilett was toilet for us.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm

But him O’Neil & Austin won us the playoffs, there three performances over three games got us up.

But yeah it is a mystery just like a long list as to what happens to players when they sign the dotted line, god only knows why so many flatter to deceive.

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm
But him O’Neil & Austin won us the playoffs, there three performances over three games got us up.

But yeah it is a mystery just like a long list as to what happens to players when they sign the dotted line, god only knows why so many flatter to deceive.
You can add Richard Dunne to that list. He was like a wall for us at Wembley as I recall.

But then, I was bladdered.
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

No mention of Zamora?

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 pm

I thought he was alright for us. Certainly better than our current options on the wing. I reckon he was too expensive or there was too much history.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

No mention of Zamora?
Yes Zamora Aswell..

O’Neil lost a tooth in the semi 2nd
Leg, ran his nuts off, Hoilett was untouchable combined with Zamora for one of Austin’s goals.

The final O’Neil took one for the team, Hoilett to Zamora & the rest is history.

So although Junior was pants for us, those two games he made an impact I’ll remember him for those two games.

Good luck to him not sure how it ended at qpr but he’s showing why he was so highly rated at Blackburn even if not fulfilling it with us.

bushkangaroo
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by bushkangaroo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Westlondonlalala is right. Warnock only one to get anything like the best out of Taarabt, and what a season that was. Took us up. We'll never know how well Warnock might have done had he had a full preseason to bring in players instead of being rushed into buying rubbish arguably.Sacking him was worst mistake we made, although understandable.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 am

We'll never know what he'd have done. If the spending was with his hand forced or he'd have made similar errors with more time. He'd never really had the chance to spend much in the PL. I agree we shouldn't have sacked him but can see why. I can also see why they went for Hughes, in the same vein as this thread, why was he so bad for us? He's not been especially bad in his other roles.