Jack Robinson watch

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ZENITH R

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 pm
White Duck wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm
oh and sorry my evidence is i was involved in the separation of the two assets so i know it to be true!

They won't fold the club to pay the fine. They will simply not pay it , the FL will take out a court order [ like you have seen HMRC do]. Nothing will be paid , the club will just fold as there are not sufficient assets to cover the cost. Administrators will be appointed to strip what is there.
You seriously believe the Football League would force the issue to the point where one of its member clubs folds because of their actions?

No chance.
As this nonsense has not been settled after all this time you can only conclude the FL are determined to get their pound of flesh in which case they would not be bothered if we folded.

A dangerous precedent ... others will fall foul of FFP and the FL would need to be fair and consistent.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Our punishment relates to the old rules of course. Any club falling foul of the revised rules would be treated in a comparatively lenient fashion.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am

We're in uncharted waters and it's all speculation so far.

If, and it's a big if, the FL and our owners took it to the point were we, as a club, were issued with some kind of winding up order, I believe there would be sufficient outrage from QPR supporters and elsewhere, other interested football groups and the local council to stop it happening.

That said, I don't believe it will come to that.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm
oh and sorry my evidence is i was involved in the separation of the two assets so i know it to be true!

They won't fold the club to pay the fine. They will simply not pay it , the FL will take out a court order [ like you have seen HMRC do]. Nothing will be paid , the club will just fold as there are not sufficient assets to cover the cost. Administrators will be appointed to strip what is there.
You seriously believe the Football League would force the issue to the point where one of its member clubs folds because of their actions?

No chance.
I agree, i don't think that's how this ends, we may have used up a lot of good will amongst fans in recent years but i think there'd be an outcry if we were forced to that stage.