Jack Robinson watch

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Post Reply
User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4701
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Jack Robinson watch

Post by Rbee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:53 pm

The defender's contract is due to expire in the summer, and the 24-year-old says that while he wants his future to be sorted, his focus is on playing well for the Hoops.

QPR's Jack Robinson has confirmed that talks are underway about extending his contract at Loftus Road. The defender's contract is due to expire in the summer, and the 24-year-old says that while he wants his future to be sorted, his focus is on playing well for the Hoops.

Speaking to GetWestLondon, he said: "There’s been talks but there’s nothing concrete at the minute. "It’s a bit up in the air but I’ve just got to keep playing well. If I keep playing well then hopefully that’ll come. "There’s still three months of the season to go and then you’ve got the whole summer so who knows but there has been little talks here and there. "I’m not looking that far forward just yet, I’m just trying to improve week-in week-out and with my performances that come then the contract will come with it."

Robinson is in the unusual situation of being able to discuss terms with other clubs due to him being in the final six months of his deal, and admits that there has been contact from other clubs. Asked if he's had approaches from elsewhere, Robinson said: "Yeah, I think it’s because I’m in the last six months of my deal, I’m 24 and I’m playing every week.

"There has been people asking about my situation and what’s my future but it’s not something I can comment on. "I’m at QPR, there’s nothing I can do now until the end of the season so I’m not focusing on anything like that, that’s where the agents take over. "My focus is purely on playing well and getting the results at QPR."

He added: “It’s a weird position because I’m playing every week, which is the nice thing. It’s not like I’m going into six months left on my contract and not playing. I’m still getting my name out there and still showing QPR what I can do. "It’s a nice position but it’s not one you want to be in with six months left. You want to have your long-term future sorted for the next three or four years, who knows."

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4167
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 pm

He's been one of the few bright spots in a desperate season. Hope he stays on.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12534
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by dm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:33 pm

I'm sure the club will try hard to keep him. Let's hope what we offer is enough. He's certainly worth keeping at QPR.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6595
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 pm

We’ll find a way to royally f*ck it up & he’ll be on his bike.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1414
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:53 pm
The defender's contract is due to expire in the summer, and the 24-year-old says that while he wants his future to be sorted, his focus is on playing well for the Hoops.

QPR's Jack Robinson has confirmed that talks are underway about extending his contract at Loftus Road. The defender's contract is due to expire in the summer, and the 24-year-old says that while he wants his future to be sorted, his focus is on playing well for the Hoops.

Speaking to GetWestLondon, he said: "There’s been talks but there’s nothing concrete at the minute. "It’s a bit up in the air but I’ve just got to keep playing well. If I keep playing well then hopefully that’ll come. "There’s still three months of the season to go and then you’ve got the whole summer so who knows but there has been little talks here and there. "I’m not looking that far forward just yet, I’m just trying to improve week-in week-out and with my performances that come then the contract will come with it."

Robinson is in the unusual situation of being able to discuss terms with other clubs due to him being in the final six months of his deal, and admits that there has been contact from other clubs. Asked if he's had approaches from elsewhere, Robinson said: "Yeah, I think it’s because I’m in the last six months of my deal, I’m 24 and I’m playing every week.

"There has been people asking about my situation and what’s my future but it’s not something I can comment on. "I’m at QPR, there’s nothing I can do now until the end of the season so I’m not focusing on anything like that, that’s where the agents take over. "My focus is purely on playing well and getting the results at QPR."

He added: “It’s a weird position because I’m playing every week, which is the nice thing. It’s not like I’m going into six months left on my contract and not playing. I’m still getting my name out there and still showing QPR what I can do. "It’s a nice position but it’s not one you want to be in with six months left. You want to have your long-term future sorted for the next three or four years, who knows."
That's what I worry about! It's as if these players don't have minds of their own sometimes! aniwall
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4184
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Montag » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am

He's been playing well all season and even before that it was obvious that he was a quality player. What the **** is wrong with Hoss and Ferdinad that they didn't get this tied up before he could talk to other clubs? What are we paying these people for?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4167
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by 222gers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

We need to get him under contract ASAP. We may lose him eventually but at least would we get a decent fee. The thought of someone picking him up for nowt in the summer doesn't go down well.

Patch
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:08 pm
Location: Staines

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Patch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 am

He's my player of the season....should be sorting this now.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by QPR1976 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 am

Personally, I think he should show some loyalty to a club that supported & paid him for the first 3 years of his contract when he spent most of the time injured.

But hey, in football, loyalty is a dirty word with agents knowing they can make more in a signing on fee.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4701
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Rbee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 am
Personally, I think he should show some loyalty to a club that supported & paid him for the first 3 years of his contract when he spent most of the time injured.

But hey, in football, loyalty is a dirty word with agents knowing they can make more in a signing on fee.
Agreed, but presumably we could also pay a signing on fee seeing as Jack is a free agent. If I was a betting man I would bet on us losing him or as others like to say nowadays loosing him.

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 pm
QPR1976 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 am
Personally, I think he should show some loyalty to a club that supported & paid him for the first 3 years of his contract when he spent most of the time injured.

But hey, in football, loyalty is a dirty word with agents knowing they can make more in a signing on fee.
Agreed, but presumably we could also pay a signing on fee seeing as Jack is a free agent. If I was a betting man I would bet on us losing him or as others like to say nowadays loosing him.
We've gotten a good player but whose going to sign him of us?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9448
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am
He's been playing well all season and even before that it was obvious that he was a quality player. What the **** is wrong with Hoss and Ferdinad that they didn't get this tied up before he could talk to other clubs? What are we paying these people for?
Of course, it's all evil Les' fault again.

Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that he's spent the last two seasons injured, having got injured when he was out on loan the season before that.

Should we have given him a new contract the first time he managed two consecutive games ? And how exactly do you stop a player talking to other clubs ?

He's probably on quite decent money, having signed from Liverpool when we were throwing it around like confetti, and we might even struggle to match it in the summer. As QPR1976 says above, in an ideal world he would owe us a little loyalty, but I expect he will go elsewhere.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3291
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Can you imagine the outrage if Ferdinand had extended his contract last summer? There were people on here putting him in the deadweight category before he got back in the side.
222gers wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am
We need to get him under contract ASAP. We may lose him eventually but at least would we get a decent fee. The thought of someone picking him up for nowt in the summer doesn't go down well.


Well, that's the point of the article, we are trying to sort this but it's not a unilateral decision, is it. By all accounts (and i don't have a good source) we've been trying to for some time, but he'll need to take a salary cut as he was signed whilst we were in the PL (as pointed out by UR).
QPR1976 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 am
Personally, I think he should show some loyalty to a club that supported & paid him for the first 3 years of his contract when he spent most of the time injured.

But hey, in football, loyalty is a dirty word with agents knowing they can make more in a signing on fee.
Would we have shown him any loyalty if he hadn't regained fitness? He was injured whilst on a loan we sent him on.

Loyalty would be lovely but given how close he came to losing his career, i couldn't blame him for wanting his next contract to be as lucrative as he can get. The fact we're going nowhere fast and i expect having come through the Liverpool ranks he has held fairly lofty aspirations the chance of joining a more competitive team will also appeal. I know we love this club and most of us would love to earn a fraction of what these guys do, let alone for playing football but it's also their livelihoods and a bit of objectivity is needed. I'll be gutted if we lose him as i think he's a cracking player and future captain but i suspect he will move on and i can't blame him, if it's what's best for him. (I'd still boo the cunt of course).

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6267
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 am

Swatch and 76 have it about right I think - lad nearly lost his career and maybe looking for a deal - don't think the club are to blame here.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12534
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by dm » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:50 am

Swatch :D Never guessed Satch was a cheap Swiss watch.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests