Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Barnsley

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Barnsley

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:37 pm
222gers wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm
A rather bleak game on a bleak afternoon, but job done and the league table looks more encouraging especially with Wolves away impending. Was Luongo left out because of his comments on Holloway's Monday meeting ? Cousins was a poor replacement despite playing in a slightly more central role.
The team did well seeing out the last twenty mins with 10 men. Washington, despite his endeavour is frankly hopeless. Perch solid after being out so long. I feel better now I'm home in the warm and dry !
What did Luongo say then ? I missed that.
Well, he didn't say much. When asked about Holloway's “big meeting” when the players were supposed to be excoriated for failing against 10 man Bristol, he said nothing happened, it was just a normal meeting. Surely this wouldn't be enough to be dropped, but it's a bit of a coincidence is it not?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Barnsley

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:41 pm
The bit of Holloway's post match I have seen says that he switched Freeman from the hole in behind to a deeper role second half, Cousins was pushed into the role further forward as Freeman better coming on to the play.

Interested to hear from those there if both players improved for the switch - many on here have said Cousins was an attacking midfielder/box to box player and we should give him the chance to play that role.

Glad to hear Joel Lynch had a good game - said a while back he felt he hadn't done himself justice.
Freeman remains the only one with any consistent creativity. Cousins drifted around like a dandelion seed in the wind and was about as effective. Washington has a big heart and ran his socks off to help us see out the period where we were down to 10, but he is possibly the most useless striker I've ever seen here - I feel for the guy because he palpably wants to do well. If you aren't going to throw in crosses for Matt Smith you didn't ought to play him, and we didn't/don't. We missed Luongo's aggression bigly IMO - if he's been dropped for upsetting Ollie that's pathetic.

We won...
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question