In, out, shake it all about....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

In, out, shake it all about....

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm

With the much vaunted " no transfer " board put up outside Loftus Road this month it seems likely we're in for the long haul this season.

No exciting introductions or exits, other than those already on the cards.

FFP is taking it's toll on us all, and rightly so, never the less it's a sad reflection on the way the club has been run that we find ourselves in this horrendous position. Another one for a long winter night over a beer or two. Many of those successful in both the Premiership and Championship have management and owners who can testify to the long haul, seasons spent building, developing and nuturing the club they own, whereas our only claim to fame is " been there done that, lost the 200mill"

Unless something horrible happens - which as every week seems likely as we stumble and fall toward the Relegation Zone - then, survival assured, we'd be looking at a clear-out and new-boys in over the summer, or so it's rumoured.

Only then will any pressure come to fall on Holloway methinks. Until then this squad isn't his by name and I guess as such The Board and others will be prepared to let him have his own way come new recruits. With that comes ownership AND expectation. I can well admire Tony's enthusiasm for hiring Holloway - in his book he asserts he had never expected such loyalty and enthusiasm putting the club first and any reimbursement second. Admiral indeed. But that only works if you have some semblance of being moderately successful, those attributes will no doubt get you the job ahead of others but they won't keep you in it.

My suspicion therefore is, relegation risk apart, we'll have Holloway until Christmas 2018. By then we'll either be safely in the league and punching above our weight or.....we won't and he'll be dust. In some ways this is a rather sad future for a real Fan of QPR and maybe he deserves more, unfortunately "more" isn't ours to give and it's a tough world out there.

Ironically, we have chosen to have no Loanees in the squad at all. A bold move, especially when you consider that the likes of Tammy Abraham practically kept Bristol in the league last season and now...I can understand the plan on not training and developing others clubs players but....

As the Barnsley game draws ever closer you do perhaps come to question the policy.....onward and downward....
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: In, out, shake it all about....

Post by old pauline » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Fair play to the club in a way for sticking to their principles. Les made it clear when he came in that the way forward was to nurture our own.

Going with what we have got for the rest of the season is a big risk in my opinion. Personally I don't get all the non-stop tirade against Ollie and his formation. If the Board had said to any interested managers that we weren't going to get anyone in in the window then I personally can't imagine that anyone else would be able to dramatically change things beyond maybe a 2 or 3 game bounce. I personally just don't see how switching tactics is going to suddenly make us better than any other team in the division.

I guess what I am saying is that I take my hat off to the board for trying to keep us on an even keel and I am glad that Ollie is prepared to do so with the 22 or so players that he is kept in and around the squad.

COYR'S
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Something doomladen about the way you say the Barnsley game draws ever closer ! I know what you mean though, I've had more fun at a funeral than some games this season. Heaven forefend that we lose against Barnsley.

We should, just, stay up this season and we hope the purse strings will be loosened next summer if we've stayed the right side of FFP. I'll just be glad to be free from JET the last of the plume-plucked, hedgeborn, flap-dragon wasters from the Redknapp era.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 pm

As far as I know, JET touched down during the Ramsey era, who told us:

"He is already a very good player, but his potential to keep improving is fantastic. This is now a real opportunity for him to really kick on."

Clearly, a great eye for a player, as we've been told, Mr Chris. Only trouble is, it's a glass eye!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 pm
As far as I know, JET touched down during the Ramsey era, who told us:

"He is already a very good player, but his potential to keep improving is fantastic. This is now a real opportunity for him to really kick on."

Clearly, a great eye for a player, as we've been told, Mr Chris. Only trouble is, it's a glass eye!
“Mr Ramsey has a glass eye you know”.
How do you know ?
“Oh, it just came out in conversation”.

Boom Boom.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:17 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 pm
Fair play to the club in a way for sticking to their principles. Les made it clear when he came in that the way forward was to nurture our own.

Going with what we have got for the rest of the season is a big risk in my opinion. Personally I don't get all the non-stop tirade against Ollie and his formation. If the Board had said to any interested managers that we weren't going to get anyone in in the window then I personally can't imagine that anyone else would be able to dramatically change things beyond maybe a 2 or 3 game bounce. I personally just don't see how switching tactics is going to suddenly make us better than any other team in the division.

I guess what I am saying is that I take my hat off to the board for trying to keep us on an even keel and I am glad that Ollie is prepared to do so with the 22 or so players that he is kept in and around the squad.

COYR'S
That would be alright if it was in any way true. Instead, the homegrown players have been packed off - either on permanent deals or on loan - and we are playing those that have been brought in.

Let’s not dress this up as something it is not - we are not investing in youth. We are just not investing.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 pm

I hope that Les/TF/Hoos or whoever come out and tell us what the plans are for the rest of the season and why it was decided not to buy or loan anyone in. We're all assuming it's due to the impending fine but the only way to get everyone 100% behind Ollie and the team/board is to be open and honest so that we can all stand and rally together. Otherwise the general doom and gloom/Ollie in/Ollie out debates will rage on all season which won't do anyone any good. So if it is a money issue then coming out about it I feel will get everyone firmly behind Ollie and the tough job he has ahead of him. And together we'll be stronger.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm

nic wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:17 pm
old pauline wrote:

COYR'S
That would be alright if it was in any way true. Instead, the homegrown players have been packed off - either on permanent deals or on loan - and we are playing those that have been brought in.

Let’s not dress this up as something it is not - we are not investing in youth. We are just not investing.
Spot on.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm
With the much vaunted " no transfer " board put up outside Loftus Road this month it seems likely we're in for the long haul this season.

No exciting introductions or exits, other than those already on the cards.

FFP is taking it's toll on us all, and rightly so, never the less it's a sad reflection on the way the club has been run that we find ourselves in this horrendous position. Another one for a long winter night over a beer or two. Many of those successful in both the Premiership and Championship have management and owners who can testify to the long haul, seasons spent building, developing and nuturing the club they own, whereas our only claim to fame is " been there done that, lost the 200mill"

Unless something horrible happens - which as every week seems likely as we stumble and fall toward the Relegation Zone - then, survival assured, we'd be looking at a clear-out and new-boys in over the summer, or so it's rumoured.

Only then will any pressure come to fall on Holloway methinks. Until then this squad isn't his by name and I guess as such The Board and others will be prepared to let him have his own way come new recruits. With that comes ownership AND expectation. I can well admire Tony's enthusiasm for hiring Holloway - in his book he asserts he had never expected such loyalty and enthusiasm putting the club first and any reimbursement second. Admiral indeed. But that only works if you have some semblance of being moderately successful, those attributes will no doubt get you the job ahead of others but they won't keep you in it.

My suspicion therefore is, relegation risk apart, we'll have Holloway until Christmas 2018. By then we'll either be safely in the league and punching above our weight or.....we won't and he'll be dust. In some ways this is a rather sad future for a real Fan of QPR and maybe he deserves more, unfortunately "more" isn't ours to give and it's a tough world out there.

Ironically, we have chosen to have no Loanees in the squad at all. A bold move, especially when you consider that the likes of Tammy Abraham practically kept Bristol in the league last season and now...I can understand the plan on not training and developing others clubs players but....

As the Barnsley game draws ever closer you do perhaps come to question the policy.....onward and downward....
Why is it ‘rightly so’ when shiteh and PSG are clearly taking the p.iss out of FFP?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 am

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm
nic wrote:
old pauline wrote:

COYR'S

Spot on.
We are trying but the youth market is also competitive. We seem to be making progress but its not the club's fault if the big boys come knocking when we do produce a Raheem Sterling or Josh Bowler. At least we are trying our youngsters out and trying to make us have a sustainable future.
Come on you Sooopa ........

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 am

The biggest problem of the £200 million waste in the zero change in infrastructure. Bristol City's new stadium is impressive, sustained investment, getting them ready for the future. Attendance was 21k, we would be lucky to have 15k, so circa £100k+ in additional revenue. Yes, that is inflated as they are playing well, but it's big, over 19 games £2m a season.

We are being left miles, miles behind many clubs in this division and we the fans will pay for the horrendous management off the pitch over the last 8 years or so.

A long road to catch up on.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:44 am

old pauline wrote:

COYR'S
You make it sound as though no one would take the job but Holloway. There's no guarantee changing the manager would make things better, but let's not pretend he's doing us a favour by turning up for work each day.

I agree that bringing no one in at all is a big risk. In a market where Gary Madine is worth £6M, we clearly can't afford to compete for any kind of established striker. No complaints about that, but surely we could have taken a punt on a young PL reserve on loan for the rest of the season. It would at least give us another badly needed option upfront. I'm all for developing our own players,but to not use the loan market at all seems counterproductive to me, given our current situation.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 am

old pauline wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 am
Northolt_Rs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm
nic wrote:

Spot on.
We are trying but the youth market is also competitive. We seem to be making progress but its not the club's fault if the big boys come knocking when we do produce a Raheem Sterling or Josh Bowler. At least we are trying our youngsters out and trying to make us have a sustainable future.
I think the issue is the fact we’ve only produced one decent player - Sterling - in what 10-20 years???? So the big boys don’t come knocking very often do they? We are hardly Soton...

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am

There is no chance there will be any major investment going forward. As i have said on this Board previously Hoos quite clearly said to a very close friend that we have to consider ourselves as the equivalent of Barnsley in terms of spending power. TF just cons a lot of people. The money has dried up, his co investors will not put any more in full stop. We have to sell to buy and we have to be self sustaining. Forget any other dream or thought of big buys.TF totally screwed the club through his massive ego and that is being borne out in front of your eyes if you care to open them. If anyone goes to the next question time ask Hoos if that is the future [ Barnsley equivalent - we both turnover the same i think]. Some people on here may be suprised by the reply and by how they have been conned by 'club is now going in the right direction' rubbish.
The result of FFP will probably determine the future of the club as i think [ not been told] there is no reason why anyone is going to stump up £40m.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am
There is no chance there will be any major investment going forward. As i have said on this Board previously Hoos quite clearly said to a very close friend that we have to consider ourselves as the equivalent of Barnsley in terms of spending power. TF just cons a lot of people. The money has dried up, his co investors will not put any more in full stop. We have to sell to buy and we have to be self sustaining. Forget any other dream or thought of big buys.TF totally screwed the club through his massive ego and that is being borne out in front of your eyes if you care to open them. If anyone goes to the next question time ask Hoos if that is the future [ Barnsley equivalent - we both turnover the same i think]. Some people on here may be suprised by the reply and by how they have been conned by 'club is now going in the right direction' rubbish.
The result of FFP will probably determine the future of the club as i think [ not been told] there is no reason why anyone is going to stump up £40m.
I don't think anyone is allowed to stump up 40million, it's supposed to come out of the club's revenue which is clearly impossible. The only hope is for the league to back down or accept the fine in tiny instalments.