Shodipo on loan to Colchester

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Shodipo on loan to Colchester

Post by Rbee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 pm

Bizarre.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Shodipo on loan to Colchester

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 pm
Bizarre.
Why?

Hasn't had a kick since Holloway decide all our ills were his fault over a year ago. Better he gets game time rather than stagnate.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm

He signed a new two and a half year contract a couple of weeks after Holloway arrived, and as you say has barely had a kick 14 months on.

It does make you question how joined up the thinking is at the club at times.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:00 pm
Rbee wrote:
Bizarre.
Why?

Hasn't had a kick since Holloway decide all our ills were his fault over a year ago. Better he gets game time rather than stagnate.
True but I think many of us would prefer to see him given a chance for us even as a sub.

But as you say Holloway has a problem with him and Shodipo has been fit since October.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm
He signed a new two and a half year contract a couple of weeks after Holloway arrived, and as you say has barely had a kick 14 months on.

That was probably offered before IH arrival or without his input by Lee Hoos as we didn’t want to lose a potentially promising youngster who was playing occasionally without getting something back on our investment.

Then maybe IH doesn’t rate him as highly as JFH so sends him on loan to Port Vale to get some game time, where he gets injured after 6 games. Now he may have fallen behind others brought in by IH & Penrice. Didn’t do that well there.
Maybe this time. I hope so, he may be more involved next season.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:21 pm

All business done?

Dave Mac said Shodipo was likely a loan deal today and that should be it....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 pm
Satch wrote:
Rbee wrote:
Bizarre.
Why?

True but I think many of us would prefer to see him given a chance for us even as a sub.

But as you say Holloway has a problem with him and Shodipo has been fit since October.
Holloway seems to have a problem with several players inc Pavel and Sylla. However he's closer to things than us so I guess we have to defer to his wisdom. I can't believe I said that. :wink:

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:15 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 pm
Rbee wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 pm
Satch wrote:

Why?

Holloway seems to have a problem with several players inc Pavel and Sylla. However he's closer to things than us so I guess we have to defer to his wisdom. I can't believe I said that. :wink:
I can't anymore.
A lot of these problems appear quite personal. I thought the comments about Shodipo last year were grossly unfair and an appalling example of how not to manage a young player, using him as a scapegoat. It genuinely made me think a lot less of Holloway, especially in conjunction with comments about other players.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Ollie is to comfortable, feet under the table old Les, Sinton, uncle Tony, birch and the boys all together down at Qpr putting the footballing world to rights.

Ollie’s got his slippers on and says does what he likes, Tony is no disciplinarian that’s for sure.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:24 pm
Ollie is to comfortable, feet under the table old Les, Sinton, uncle Tony, birch and the boys all together down at Qpr putting the footballing world to rights.

Ollie’s got his slippers on and says does what he likes, Tony is no disciplinarian that’s for sure.
What's Bruce Rioch up to nowadays?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Good signing for them, I would have hoped he would be pushing for a first team place...

But it’s hard for any winger to play in this formation, even a quality one like Pawel struggles.

I wouldn’t write him off though, hopefully he gets a good few games under his belt and gets given another shot next season.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 pm

SM wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm
Good signing for them, I would have hoped he would be pushing for a first team place...

But it’s hard for any winger to play in this formation, even a quality one like Pawel struggles.

I wouldn’t write him off though, hopefully he gets a good few games under his belt and gets given another shot next season.
I thought he was on the verge of breaking through under Hasselbaink, i still think there is a good player there and i hope we get to see it. I personally thought he looked better equipped for this level than any of the other wingers Pawel excluded.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 am

QPR1976 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm

That was probably offered before IH arrival or without his input by Lee Hoos as we didn’t want to lose a potentially promising youngster who was playing occasionally without getting something back on our investment.
That's my point though. Why would the club be offering him that kind of contract before the new manager's had a chance to assess him. He couldn't go anywhere until the transfer window opened in January anyway, and it's not as if anyone was beating down our door to try and sign him.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Calm down.Holloway does not think Shodipo is good enough for the first team -at the moment.

He is paid for this opinion-you lot are not and are limited to screaming abuse at him.

All very predictable

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm

The Dalai Lama's let himself go.