Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 pm
Geez, give the kid a break will you. It was his first Old firm game and because he didn't run the show you're going to slag him off. He's been doing really well there so far. Do try to remember he's a QPR player not a Fulham one.
How was I "slagging him off" ? It was an honest assessment of his performance as I saw it. He's largely been "doing really well" against Mickey Mouse teams. Playing against Celtic at home with the best part of 50k fans behind you is a relatively favourable environment in which to show what you've got to offer against better quality opposition.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Geez, give the kid a break will you. It was his first Old firm game and because he didn't run the show you're going to slag him off. He's been doing really well there so far. Do try to remember he's a QPR player not a Fulham one.
How was I "slagging him off" ? It was an honest assessment of his performance as I saw it. He's largely been "doing really well" against Mickey Mouse teams. Playing against Celtic at home with the best part of 50k fans behind you is a relatively favourable environment in which to show what you've got to offer against better quality opposition.
Spot on, he didn’t impress me at all against the best side in that sub-standard league. It’s all well and good lauding him against Hamilton but it’s the Old Firm games that really matter. Based on that performance he’s still some way off getting into our midfield
QPR & Ireland

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Barry wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Spot on, he didn’t impress me at all against the best side in that sub-standard league. It’s all well and good lauding him against Hamilton but it’s the Old Firm games that really matter. Based on that performance he’s still some way off getting into our midfield
The fact that the league is "sub-standard" (whatever that means in this context) is irrelevant. He was playing against a side who, albeit quite badly, play Champions League football and you're criticising him for not impressing. And then, when I read your last comment, it dawned on me you were actually joking all along.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa