Kakay & Hamalainen

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Surely these guys will be heading out on loan soon, or leaving the club?

They aren't even close to getting on the bench, but both will be 21 soon and it's about time they got proper game time. I think they've got another year to prove themselves, but surely need be out on loan for the remainder of the season?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12836
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by dm » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Kakay's previous loan at Chesterfield didn't seem to go too well and his contract expires this summer. Not sure he'll get an extension.

Hamalainen has more time as his contract is to 2019 but it doesn't feel like he's he's progressed as we didn't see him when the first team squad's defence was down to bare bones.

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Another starlet in Cole Kpekawa seems to be sliding fast. Seven appearances for Barnsley and then off to Colchester where he's only played six times, according to wiki.

Getting £400k for him seems excellent business.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1264
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 am

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by stainesranger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am

£400k was an absolute steal. Pretty much every fan could see it. How could the Barnsley scouts get it so wrong?

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:08 am

400k Tony must be licking his lips with that one that’ll go someway to easing the pain of the 200m he wrote off.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 15767
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by SM » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 am

You never know how it’s going to go for these youngsters.

Whenever I saw Kpekawa I thought he looked pretty decent. At £400k it was one that could have come back and bitten us, but it made good business sense looking back now.

Parrett & Liam O’Brien are a couple of others that apparently had huge potential - but neither have gone on to do much.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by Satch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 am

It would definitely make sense for both players to go out on loan if we can.
stainesranger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am
£400k was an absolute steal. Pretty much every fan could see it. How could the Barnsley scouts get it so wrong?
Really? i recall a lot of fans kicking off, slagging off Ferdinand and JFH for letting such a hot prospect leave for a pittance and Barnsley were going to be turning him into the next Mawson.

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 am

Satch wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 am
It would definitely make sense for both players to go out on loan if we can.
stainesranger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am
£400k was an absolute steal. Pretty much every fan could see it. How could the Barnsley scouts get it so wrong?
Really? i recall a lot of fans kicking off, slagging off Ferdinand and JFH for letting such a hot prospect leave for a pittance and Barnsley were going to be turning him into the next Mawson.
Yeah, that how I recall it too and I think he had disciplinary issues, hence the move. But good business in hindsight and fair play that they knew that problems lay ahead. It was a bit of an Andy Cole leaving Newcastle to join Man Utd type of situation for us, well not quite, but you get my drift!

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by Satch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 am
Satch wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 am
It would definitely make sense for both players to go out on loan if we can.
stainesranger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am
£400k was an absolute steal. Pretty much every fan could see it. How could the Barnsley scouts get it so wrong?
Really? i recall a lot of fans kicking off, slagging off Ferdinand and JFH for letting such a hot prospect leave for a pittance and Barnsley were going to be turning him into the next Mawson.
Yeah, that how I recall it too and I think he had disciplinary issues, hence the move. But good business in hindsight and fair play that they knew that problems lay ahead. It was a bit of an Andy Cole leaving Newcastle to join Man Utd type of situation for us, well not quite, but you get my drift!
I think despite getting a look in the first team towards the end of the season he came back overweight, the club tried to work with him to shift it but rather than put the work in he requested a transfer instead. It sounds like we did pretty well out of it. I'm not sure i do get your drift on that comparison.

(As an aside Andrew Cole is by all accounts an absolutely top bloke)

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3405
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by old pauline » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm

There must come a time when no more U.23's can go out on loan if it means we can't get a team out ? With Grego-Cox & Petrasso gone and Eze, Oteh, Chair and Smyth in and around the 1st team squad Kakay and Hamaleinen might be needed to maintain our quota of U.23's.

For what its worth I think Kakay might be offered a one year extension but I think Hamaleinen will try his luck elsewhere
Come on you Sooopa ........

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by luke_mullet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Anyone know how Josh Bowler is getting on?

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Might have made money on Petrasso as Hughes seemed keen on signing him at Stoke some time back...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 pm

luke_mullet wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:06 pm
Anyone know how Josh Bowler is getting on?
According to soccerbase he's only made two appearance for Everton U21s and hasn't played since 31 Oct. Perhaps he's injured???

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... son_id=150

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by luke_mullet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 pm
luke_mullet wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:06 pm
Anyone know how Josh Bowler is getting on?
According to soccerbase he's only made two appearance for Everton U21s and hasn't played since 31 Oct. Perhaps he's injured???

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... son_id=150
Not exactly setting the world on fire in his first 6 months then, 3 games and 3 defeats. £1.5 million rising to £4 million could turn out to be good business then and if he does turn out to be a good prospect I am sure we have a good sell on percentage clause.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Kakay & Hamalainen

Post by QPR1976 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Even better -

Kpekawa went for £450k
Bowler went for £1.75m initially, although with time on his side, perhaps slightly premature to write him off just yet. Personally, from a future income perspective, I’d rather he fulfill his potential.

Post Reply