Team vs Burton

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Team vs Burton

Post by IJM » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:10 pm
QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Tidy finish with his left foot after making the chance for himself.
Thanks Damien. He's never going to cut the mustard in my opinion if we want to move forward next season, but it can only be good for his confidence 🙂
Genuinely pleased for the lad. He's a NI lad... so doubly pleased. Should of had at least one more by the sounds of it too. He gets a lot of criticism (me included) - so he deserves praise as well. Hope he doesn't have to wait as long for his next one. Nice to see Luongo score too - though his goal sounds a bit controversial. Will look at it later.
Although CW represents NI, I'm not so sure that he's a NI lad. Didn't I read somewhere that prior to selection for NI, he had never been there, but his granddad was Irish and hence his legibility ?

ZENITH R

Re: Team vs Burton

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:07 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Well that lasted less than a minute!
Hmmm where have I heard that before.

The lack of goals is blindingly obvious but then again so is the lack of clean sheets, no wonder nobody wants to buy Smithies! I can only suggest getting Hall back fit and playing in front of the back four like he did last season. You have to build from the back, stop conceding and take it from there. We have a real creative talent in Freeman so lets start playing to his strengths. We have players with pace that can play with Freeman.

Come on Ollie I am sure this lot can do better.

Annoying!!
In my opinion those are both a result of playing with wing backs. I think a solid back four with two proper wingers would make us more solid at the back and carry more of a goal threat. Of course, despite having plenty of options within the squad to try a different system, we will probably never know as Holloway refuses to give it a go.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.