Two more gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Two more gone

Post by PeterS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:02 pm

REECE Grego-Cox and Michael Petrasso have left QPR after their contracts were terminated by mutual consent.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Two more gone

Post by 222gers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm

I was hoping to read that JET had gone...the departure of these two won't lower the wage bill by much unfortunately.....

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Speaking of JET...

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Ariel Borysiuk were surprise inclusions as QPR under-23s lost 3-0 against Bournemouth this afternoon. The forward hasn't featured for the Hoops first team since May 2016, and has been widely tipped to leave the club at the end of his contract which expires in the summer.

Borysiuk was a key part of Ian Holloway's pre-season plans and looked set to be an integral part of his team this season, but having fallen out of favour again, it looks like he will also be one of several QPR players to head for the exit door.

Another notable inclusion was defender Grant Hall who completed 90 minutes as he works his way back to match fitness.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm not surprised they've departed. They were both given a chance but weren't able to establish themselves at senoir level with us. I hope they can find clubs elsewhere.

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Stateside Ranger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:55 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 pm
I'm not surprised they've departed. They were both given a chance but weren't able to establish themselves at senoir level with us. I hope they can find clubs elsewhere.
Grego-Cox just confirmed signed for Woking.

Woking is a good opportunity for him, new manager this season, Limbrick, a former PL Academy coach at Southampton. Has brought a much more professional approach to the club and they’ve just sold a player on to Peterborough so clearly producing some talent. Made to round 2 of the FA cup too which for a non-League is decent.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm

dm wrote:
I'm not surprised they've departed. They were both given a chance .
...when..? Don't really remember that.... :roll: :roll:

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Stateside Ranger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:12 pm

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... er-signs-/

Here’s an interview from Reece from today. Says he’s out to prove people wrong and wants to get back into league football by the summer (not clear if he means this summer or next year).

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Showing his loyalty to Woking on day one then!

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Stateside Ranger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Showing his loyalty to Woking on day one then!
Yeah it was all a bit “about me”.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm
Speaking of JET...

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Ariel Borysiuk were surprise inclusions as QPR under-23s lost 3-0 against Bournemouth this afternoon. The forward hasn't featured for the Hoops first team since May 2016, and has been widely tipped to leave the club at the end of his contract which expires in the summer.

Borysiuk was a key part of Ian Holloway's pre-season plans and looked set to be an integral part of his team this season, but having fallen out of favour again, it looks like he will also be one of several QPR players to head for the exit door.

Another notable inclusion was defender Grant Hall who completed 90 minutes as he works his way back to match fitness.
Why would Grant Hall be playing 90 minutes today, when we have a first team game tomorrow ?

He can't be that far off match fitness, having played 80 minutes last week.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 pm

I thought he looked rusty last Saturday. He didn't look ready in my opinion. I guess with Baptiste being fit Ollie is happy with Wzsolek, Baptiste, Onuoha, Robinson and Bidwell at the back withe maybe Lynch on the bench ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm

old pauline wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 pm
I thought he looked rusty last Saturday. He didn't look ready in my opinion. I guess with Baptiste being fit Ollie is happy with Wzsolek, Baptiste, Onuoha, Robinson and Bidwell at the back withe maybe Lynch on the bench ?
I shake my head in disbelief every time I’m reminded of our wingback situation, we don’t have any natural wingbacks at the club yet all season he’s played that system, if I was Clough I’d be licking my lips at the prospect of an out & out winger Pav who hasn’t got a defensive bone in his body & the most unattacking left back the most unnatural player in going forward you’ll ever see in Bidwell lining up against me as wingbacks.

We’re up against it before we’ve started by trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

And please don’t anybody tell me it’s working because come Tomoz night we could be just 3 points off the drop zone.

FFS Ollie play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 anything but bloody wingbacks that you haven’t got!

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm
dm wrote:
I'm not surprised they've departed. They were both given a chance .
...when..? Don't really remember that.... :roll: :roll:
Grego-Cox, 21, has been at Loftus Road since the age of 14. After coming through the youth ranks he made six first-team appearances for the club.

Petrasso, 22, ...made 13 appearances for the QPR first team

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/gr ... so-depart/

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:24 am

There doesn't seem much faith in Greco in the wider football community if hes had to drop down to Woking. Surely he could have pitched up at the lower end of league 2? If I was him I've have offered my services free for six months. He must have got at least half his next six months wages paid up as part of the deal to leave us.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 am

I would guess he’s probably on a pro contract there, a lot of teams in the conference even conference north / south are Semi Pro but have certain players on full time contracts.

Put it this way I would imagine they are paying him enough so he doesn’t have to clean your windows mon-fri.