Membership feedback and booking fee

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Endeavour Ranger

Membership feedback and booking fee

Post by Endeavour Ranger » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:32 pm

A boring point about practical matters, but as we all know the booking fee when buying tickets is a liberty. Although it is unlikely to change, and we are lucky it is per transaction not per ticket, I think the club could help members and season ticket holders out by applying their £2 discount on match tickets outside of the ludicrously early pre-sale windows. Those discounts would cost them peanuts, but it would help regular people out who are coming down to support them team (and anything that encourages tickets sales is good).

I got an email this week asking for my feedback on my QPR membership (I go to most games, but can't commit enough to make having a season ticket worthwhile - although I did have one for a decade) so I submitted the comments below to make this point to the Club. I am sharing them in case anyone feels the same and would also like to feed this back: it might make no difference at all, but you need to raise concerns if you want things to change.

"I think members should get a discount on their tickets whenever they book, rather than just in the pre-sale. The pre-sale is useful for high demand matches or if you want a specific seat, but in many instances you can't commit to a date so far in advance and so you miss the discount by waiting until you know if you can make it.

Applying the members discount at any time probably would not cost the club much money, but makes a lot of difference to fans - also because it lets you order more tickets at the same time so you only pay one booking fee. As it is you could not buy a ticket for match A in the match A pre-sale, but buy a full price match A ticket together with a ticket for match B in the match B pre-sale and it would be cheaper because although your would lose your £2 discount on Match A you would only pay one £3.50 booking fee so you have net saved £1.50. That is really a very poor scenario to present to members through a scheme intended to reward them for their loyalty."

Vive la révolution, and onto far more exciting QPR-related stories. 8)

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Membership feedback and booking fee

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

I could be wrong but I don’t think the sur charge / transaction fee when purchasing a ticket has anything to do with the club it’s the ticketing company.

So basically the £3.50 charge & £2 discount are not from the same source they are not in conjunction with each other.

Not sure you would ever get your ideal scenario / outcome you would like if it’s not the club getting the £3.50

stepculln

Post by stepculln » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Personally I think it’s a right liberty to charge money to buy something off the club or anyone else for that matter. The fact it goes to ticketmaster is immaterial, they are asking us to pay for the privilege to purchase a product from them. naughty

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 pm

I agree the charge is a p*ss take considering most people print the tickets at home anyway & then your asked to donate to charity, I feel like Jesus Christ anything else whilst your at it.