A poor last minute choice....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Virginia_R

A poor last minute choice....

Post by Virginia_R » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:33 pm

.... to go along today.

Was pleasantly surprised at the strength of the starting lineup, but dearie me, we were just appalling. Our play was extremely one-dimensional, the passing was way, way too slow - and the only tactic was to launch long balls at Smith. Midfield was non-existent, and we didn't pose a threat during the entire first half. Freeman had a shocker today, Chair was way too peripheral... the list goes on.

The goal was down to a shocking mistake by Scowen - our best player to that point - and we never really looked like grabbing an equaliser. MK Dons were limited and agricultural - I've never seen a team time waste from the 20th minute onwards, aided by the weakest ref ever to grace Loftus Rd. Yet, I can't begrudge them the victory, as we were that poor.

I've long been a Holloway admirer, but for me, it's not working out. Question is, who replaces him?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: A poor last minute choice....

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Can’t argue with much of that, but what has changed between the epic come back win last week & the customery drab cup exit this week that has got everyone calling for Ollies head?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:09 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pm
Can’t argue with much of that, but what has changed between the epic come back win last week & the customery drab cup exit this week that has got everyone calling for Ollies head?
Even I'm not calling for his head... yet.

If he were a cat, I'd say he's only got 2 lives left and if we lose next week @ Burton
that would only leave him clinging on with one.
Staff Benda Bilili

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:11 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
A very good question.
I can only conclude that there is a mindset (shared by management and players) that the FA Cup does not matter and that affects what happens on the pitch.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Virginia_R wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:33 pm
.... to go along today.

Was pleasantly surprised at the strength of the starting lineup, but dearie me, we were just appalling. Our play was extremely one-dimensional, the passing was way, way too slow - and the only tactic was to launch long balls at Smith. Midfield was non-existent, and we didn't pose a threat during the entire first half. Freeman had a shocker today, Chair was way too peripheral... the list goes on.

The goal was down to a shocking mistake by Scowen - our best player to that point - and we never really looked like grabbing an equaliser. MK Dons were limited and agricultural - I've never seen a team time waste from the 20th minute onwards, aided by the weakest ref ever to grace Loftus Rd. Yet, I can't begrudge them the victory, as we were that poor.

I've long been a Holloway admirer, but for me, it's not working out. Question is, who replaces him?
Mark Hughes has just been sacked by stoke. :wink:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:24 pm
Virginia_R wrote:
.... to go along today.

Bring 'im back.....best manager we ever 'ad........... :wink:

Chimpo
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Chimpo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Family member had 500 quid on MK Dons to win today.

Huge balls

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Chimpo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm
Family member had 500 quid on MK Dons to win today.

Huge balls
And huge disposable income.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:51 pm

He must’ve felt sick when he saw our starting xi

Virginia_R

Post by Virginia_R » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:24 pm
Virginia_R wrote:
.... to go along today.

Clint Hill as his number two... :lol:

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 pm

I sat in different seats to m usual Lower Loft and was right next to dugouts.

Could even chat to Ollie if I fancied!

He was going mad on the line, getting so frustrated. He thought the officials were shocking. He had so many words with the 4th official, that when a supporter said after another foul was missed "Have a word with him Ollie" pointing to 4th official he replied "He has said I'm not allowed to talk to him anymore, probably because he has more hair than me" and promptly took off his hat! (The 4th official was also bald with a tiny bit of hair at the sides!!)

He was getting frustrated with slow play as well.

I disagree with Virginia R and thought Scowen had one of his poorest games even before the mistake. I thought we actually deserved far more. They done nothing second half apart from finish the gift that was given. We controlled the play but couldn't find a way through. The constant lumping up was coming off and Matt Smith was struggling to win headers.

Let's be honest, cup runs don't happen. Today hurt a bit more as i had built myself up after seeing the team!

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:35 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
The result? It was Holloway’s 30th loss in 61 games. That’s an appalling record.

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 am

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:35 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
The result? It was Holloway’s 30th loss in 61 games. That’s an appalling record.
Or could it be that those who were not there thought it was a great win, and many of those that were simply forgot about how dire we had been up to the moment of our scoring and then seeing a great goal by a younger player bringing hope back?

It was at half time last week that we finally decided we were not going to the Cup game so I cannot comment on the actual match as I was not there.

whistle
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 am

bigbobb wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 am
Northolt_Rs wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Or could it be that those who were not there thought it was a great win, and many of those that were simply forgot about how dire we had been up to the moment of our scoring and then seeing a great goal by a younger player bringing hope back?

It was at half time last week that we finally decided we were not going to the Cup game so I cannot comment on the actual match as I was not there.

whistle
If you can’t come away happy after the Cardiff game no matter what shite you have to endure this season then what’s the point in going anymore?

As for MK Dons dissapointing yes but a game we dominated for 90 mins & was decided by an individual error.

I just find it laughable that many want him gone based on a customery cup exit 7 days after a season highlight against a promotion candidate.

P.s I’m no fan of Ollie & I was at both games.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:07 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 am
bigbobb wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 am
Northolt_Rs wrote:

whistle
If you can’t come away happy after the Cardiff game no matter what shite you have to endure this season then what’s the point in going anymore?

As for MK Dons dissapointing yes but a game we dominated for 90 mins & was decided by an individual error.

I just find it laughable that many want him gone based on a customery cup exit 7 days after a season highlight against a promotion candidate.

P.s I’m no fan of Ollie & I was at both games.
"As for MK Dons dissapointing yes but a game we dominated for 90 mins & was decided by an individual error."

You seem to see that as a reason for saying we were not that bad. Against the top teams in the Premier League yes your point is valid but MK Dons