A poor last minute choice....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: A poor last minute choice....

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:33 am

Had we of lost based on a woeful team performance & being done for effort then yes I would have been ranting but the second half was so one sided it was like a training exercise we just didn’t create enough.

Also don’t fall into the trap of thinking we have a Devine right & should outplay every lower league opposition it doesn’t work like that, there is a fair few in our squad that wouldn’t look out of place in league1 themselves.

I paid to endure that performance & don’t get me wrong it wasn’t good enough & it pissed me right off BUT the fact is it was decided by one individual error.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:33 am
Had we of lost based on a woeful team performance & being done for effort then yes I would have been ranting but the second half was so one sided it was like a training exercise we just didn’t create enough.

Also don’t fall into the trap of thinking we have a Devine right & should outplay every lower league opposition it doesn’t work like that, there is a fair few in our squad that wouldn’t look out of place in league1 themselves.

I paid to endure that performance & don’t get me wrong it wasn’t good enough & it pissed me right off BUT the fact is it was decided by one individual error.
But we did outplay them as you have said - and still failed to even get a replay.That's what concerns me more than the result. Hopefully it's just a bad day at the office. On another note, what was your view of our first half penalty claim - BBC seemed to think it was nailed on.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am

I was in SA stand but up near the loft end, I wasn’t close enough to make judgment on anything in there box first half.

But the ref was woeful the gulf between premier league & league football refs is unbelievable he could have nipped there time wasting in the bud with an early yellow but instead let them get away with it all game, he stopped a great attack from us to give a free kick when advantage should have been played, he was woeful.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:51 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am
I was in SA stand but up near the loft end, I wasn’t close enough to make judgment on anything in there box first half.

But the ref was woeful the gulf between premier league & league football refs is unbelievable he could have nipped there time wasting in the bud with an early yellow but instead let them get away with it all game, he stopped a great attack from us to give a free kick when advantage should have been played, he was woeful.
Thanks LaLa. Just haven't seen it mentioned by anyone.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:01 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am

In fairness to all refs, it's difficult when players behave like the Dons' players. Nobody gets sent off for wasting time and they don't mind accumulating yellow cards if they can disrupt the other team. Time wasting is endemic in modern football. If refs send too many players off they are accused of “ ruining the game”. A ref would look ridiculous if he added say 20 mins on for time wasting. Managers and players collude to bring this situation about. I dare say other fans accuse the Rangers of time wasting too. Or perhaps I'm in a benevolent view regarding refs today !

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm

MK Dons took it to new heights yesterday I’m a ref in training & I would have got there keeper in the book very early on to set a president for the rest of the game.

You set the tone early on as a ref & Mr Linnington who has previous for not getting a grip in games was weak as hell, he ref’d the same in Cardiff v Preston recently he may as well of not been there, his biggest error was not allowing our advantage on a counter attack he blew way way to early it was criminal.

Anyway that’s the difference between the select group at the top & the shite we have to endure week in week out.