Team vs MK Dons

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Team vs MK Dons

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 pm

whistle
Last edited by Albert Steptoe on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm
I too was at the game, more’s the pity.

Warnock was sacked for drawing away to them the year after giving us our best season in decades. Yet Uncle Bungle will keep that failure of a manager come rain or shine.

Shocking display as you’d expect from a team whose only tactic is to hoof the ball/fire long throw-ins at the static lump up front.
Shocking? Don’t agree with that. We dominated the game created little clear cut & got done when the best player on the field made a cock up.

My biggest gripe is playing two players who are clearly incompetent & out of there comfort zone as wingbacks, its painful watching both cousins & Bids receive the ball in the final third and just freeze and turn back towards there own half or in Bids case today cross first time every time he got the ball.

If anything Robinson should be left wing back & play Bids centre back or drop him altogether.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Whilst the team that Holloway fielded was surprisingly stronger than anyone expected, there seemed to be little desire amongst the players even when the ref gave an extra 7 minutes, no doubt in revenge for the goalkeeper’s antics. Whilst it is invidious to highlight individual players, I will do so anyway. Smith was a man of straw, Smyth didn't make a lot of runs early on, Freeman was overelaborate, Ned was overcautious etc etc. Few players acquited themselves well.
Still it's over for another season I hope to Gawd they pull themselves together for the Burton game.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 pm
I was there in the Lower Loft.
Don't think their keeper had to make a save today.
That team should've been good enough to win easily....but Cousins and Chair just totally ineffective: Wzolek and Eze should've started.
Smyth and Freeman tried hard
Smith was very poor and ineffective against a L1 defence: never seems to get any power into his headers
Hard to say who our best player was
overall very disappointing against a weak team
Without doubt a million miles above any player on the pitch was Scowen although gifting them the goal.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:08 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm
White Duck wrote:
That team should've been good enough to win easily....but Cousins and Chair just totally ineffective: Wzolek and Eze should've started.
Smith was very poor and ineffective against a L1 defence: never seems to get any power into his headers
Without doubt a million miles above any player on the pitch was Scowen although gifting them the goal.
Trying to retrieve a terrible pass from, I think, Hall.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:08 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm
White Duck wrote:
Trying to retrieve a terrible pass from, I think, Hall.
Typical scowen must have covered more ground with & without the ball than most of our team put together, Sod’s law his tenacity & desire to keep the ball alive was our undoing, I’ll allow him that one for the effort and quality he shows most wknds.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah Scowen played well but his error was a shocking one for a professional footballer to make. Cost us the game.
Lex Talionis........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:21 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:14 pm
Yeah Scowen played well but his error was a shocking one for a professional footballer to make. Cost us the game.
Aided by the pass in the first place.

On the balance of his performance today & this season I’ll allow him that one.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm

We have had more than enough evidence that playing with wing backs doesn't work with this group of players. It's time for Holloway to reconsider his approach, and perhaps try playing with out and out wingers instead.

We have the players to do this. Time to get your head out of you a*** and try something different Mr Holloway.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:24 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:02 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:09 pm
No idea why Cousins is still at wingback, especially when he's ideal for replacing Luongo in the middle. No strikers on the bench, does Sylla have a knock or is it a sign he might be off? Worrying if so.
Hardly worrying if Sylla is off, he can join Washington in the departure lounge. Both have been given plenty of opportunities, both have failed. Washington is not Championship standard and Sylla is far too lightweight.
Disagree, I think Sylla puts in far more of a shift then is given credit for, holds the ball up and looks to try and link play, far better than Smith. He might not run around like Mackie but he looks like someone who might actually be an effective footballer. Games here and there are not opportunities to adapt and become a starting striker.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:33 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm
We have had more than enough evidence that playing with wing backs doesn't work with this group of players. It's time for Holloway to reconsider his approach, and perhaps try playing with out and out wingers instead.

We have the players to do this. Time to get your head out of you a*** and try something different Mr Holloway.
Playing the wingback system gave us the opportunity to get the ball out to Bidwell who was unmarked for most of the first half. We eschewed this option in favour of sideways passing along the defence followed by the inevitable shovel forward in the general direction of Smith.

Our passing was clueless today.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:40 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm
I too was at the game, more’s the pity.

Warnock was sacked for drawing away to them the year after giving us our best season in decades. Yet Uncle Bungle will keep that failure of a manager come rain or shine.

Shocking display as you’d expect from a team whose only tactic is to hoof the ball/fire long throw-ins at the static lump up front.
Shocking? Don’t agree with that. We dominated the game created little clear cut & got done when the best player on the field made a cock up.

My biggest gripe is playing two players who are clearly incompetent & out of there comfort zone as wingbacks, its painful watching both cousins & Bids receive the ball in the final third and just freeze and turn back towards there own half or in Bids case today cross first time every time he got the ball.

If anything Robinson should be left wing back & play Bids centre back or drop him altogether.
I beg to differ. At home to a struggling lower division side, we struggled to create decent opportunities. Our tactic was to launch the ball in the direction of Smith. If that’s the best this club can do, then we should pack up now. Get rid of that eejit in the dug-out and play the ball on the ground. Play wingers. Go back to playing with some flair.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Bids couldn’t beat an egg, putting him at Wingback all season has been painful.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:45 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm

This is it for me, every time i watch us play, teams catch us on the back foot when they break, yet we never do that, we just aren't creating chances. We're not likely to have top quality strikers but neither do the teams beating us. They just get the ball in the box often enough until they score. We've got a glut of wingers but we're playing wingbacks and playing players out of position to achieve that. It's not working and Holloway's alternative is largely the same thing (and why is he telling the world his plan). The wingback system had merit on paper but it hasn't worked. Time to try and play to the player's strengths, not the manager's pre-conceived notions.

Although let's not pretend our issues in the cup are all Holloway's fault either.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Although without doubt this must be one of the most disappointing results so far this season (based on the opposition), it's hard to fault Holloway as this team should've been good enough to win regardless of what tactics we played.

Seems to be from the reports and from those at the match that we deserved to win but was just one of those days. And chances are if we had a decent striker we'd have won comfortably. The sad truth is that we have no decent strikers at the club at the moment and many want Sylla and Washington to follow Ngbakto out of the door which if they both go without a replacement will well and truly f**k us up as you can't win anything with kids. And it seems we have no money to spend. Unlike previous years I've not heard anyone at the club mention once about signing new players, so has Ollie been told no one is coming in and you have to work with the kids????

Holloway turned us around after Vauxhall motors which was our darkest moment and we need him to do so again. I have faith in him to do it again but the players must look at themselves as they are the ones letting themselves down.

U R'sssss