Transfer Rumour Thread: Jan 2018

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread: Jan 2018

Post by n22hoop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:41 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:55 am
ARE YOU FU*KING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

FREEMAN HAS SCORED MORE, ASSISTED MORE THIS SEASON & IS TWO YEARS YOUNGER!!!

FULHAM RECEIVE IN THE REGION OF 15m & THINK THEY CAN PICK UP OUR STAR MAN FOR 4M!!!

IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL NOT ATTEND LR AGAIN UNTIL HOOS LES & THE BOARD HAVE DEPARTED!!

IM LIVID AT THAT F’N LIVID!!!
Calm down. It's a premiership team interested in Cairney and it's a championship team interested in Freeman. One is an international and the other isn't. Cairney probably has more potential to develop. Cairney can control a game Freeman can't. Lots of reasons but none worth tearing up your season ticket for.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 am

My prediction - they'd offer us £1.5m rising to £2m based on appearances, and gives us some of their unwanted dross to get them off their books.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:41 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

FULHAM RECEIVE IN THE REGION OF 15m & THINK THEY CAN PICK UP OUR STAR MAN FOR 4M!!!

IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL NOT ATTEND LR AGAIN UNTIL HOOS LES & THE BOARD HAVE DEPARTED!!

Calm down. It's a premiership team interested in Cairney and it's a championship team interested in Freeman. One is an international and the other isn't. Cairney probably has more potential to develop. Cairney can control a game Freeman can't. Lots of reasons but none worth tearing up your season ticket for.
What difference does it make if it’s a premier league side or championship side paying for a player, players get brought for 15m in our league, especially when you know Fulham have just received that amount of money you would price your own player to sell accordingly.

If Cairney can develop then why can’t freeman he’s two years younger?

Freeman has been the best player on the pitch plenty of times this season & been the difference between two teams on any given day so not sure why you think he can’t control or have the deciding influence on a game.

International? Scotland? Yeah people are queuing round the block & paying silly money for Scottish internationals these days, we’ve got one ourselves MACKIE... do you reckon we’ll get 15m for him?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 am

Selling Freeman now would be a big mistake as he really is the only player who can create anything consistently in the team. Especially to Fulham.

And calling him a 'lower league journeyman' is laughable: he's a high quality Championship player with the stats to back that up.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:11 am

westlondonlalala wrote:

You're livid at a transfer rumour from the Daily Mail ?

Calm down, mate. It's not as if Freddie Starr ate your hamster.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:32 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:14 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm
Cousins is a very good central midfielder. Unfortunately we have an idiot manager who insists on playing him as a wing back.
Can’t argue with that.

I can defend Ollie for a lot & forgive him for a lot but Cousins at wingback is baffling!
I'm sure Cousins was played at wingback because Holloway had no other options and putting just 10 players out on the pitch isn't within the rules of the game. Cousins is a box to box player so energy wise running up and down the wing should not be an issue, even if defending was. He hasn't been able to break into the team in his preferred position because of injuries and the performances of Luongo, Scowen and Freeman.

Let's move on from this as we all know Holloway had no fit and tested RB's at his disposal when Cousins was played there.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:37 am

With the January window about to close, the players not included in the squad yesterday due to "injuries" are more likely to be going out the exit door....

Rangers still need 3 teams worse than us to ensure Championship survival this season....

The last two weeks results have been disastrous as the previous two weeks were heartening.....

We've spent nowt this window and two weeks ago it looked that we might not need too with just the deadwood being shown the door this window...

What if one (or more) of those 3 teams who theoretically are worse than us goes on a winning run?

Does the club stick or twist now on transfers and would you seriously sell Freeman (our one creative outlet) unless it was for a silly money offer?
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:51 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Cousins is a very good central midfielder. Unfortunately we have an idiot manager who insists on playing him as a wing back.
Would you really play him ahead of Freeman, Luongo or Scowen?

I like Cousins, but I wouldn’t. He filled in at wing back a couple of times, but he has played central too (Ipswich away) and he did a good job. Sadly, again, he’s been getting niggling injuries.

Difficult to rely on a player like that, especially when the other 3 have played so well ahead of him.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:15 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 am
And calling him a 'lower league journeyman' is laughable: he's a high quality Championship player with the stats to back that up.
Is it his time at Yeovil or Stevenage that makes you doubt it? He's played around two thirds of his career games at League 1 or below and Bristol City sold him cos they didn't think he could cut it at this level. Kudos to Olly for getting some great performances out of him but for me £4m after one good season at this level is a decent deal and is exactly the sort of thing the club should be doing (buy them cheap, polish them up, sell them on).

I don't deny that he's our most creative player nor do I want to see him go (especially there) but the numbers add up.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:41 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:32 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:14 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Can’t argue with that.

I can defend Ollie for a lot & forgive him for a lot but Cousins at wingback is baffling!
I'm sure Cousins was played at wingback because Holloway had no other options and putting just 10 players out on the pitch isn't within the rules of the game. Cousins is a box to box player so energy wise running up and down the wing should not be an issue, even if defending was. He hasn't been able to break into the team in his preferred position because of injuries and the performances of Luongo, Scowen and Freeman.

Let's move on from this as we all know Holloway had no fit and tested RB's at his disposal when Cousins was played there.
You can field ten players in a team infact you can field seven & the way Cousins was playing wingback you may as well play with ten.

Your telling me there wasn’t a better option than Cousins at Wingback? It was painful watching him there, fish out of water!

Anyway like you say we only have a squad of eleven players so once it was clear & obvious to the 12k plus in the crowd week in week out that Cousins makes a useless wingback poor old Ollie had no choice but to persist with him or start with ten men.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:49 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:11 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

You're livid at a transfer rumour from the Daily Mail ?

Calm down, mate. It's not as if Freddie Starr ate your hamster.
Thing is if it actually happened it wouldn’t surprise you, there is one thing shrugging off a story but when it’s qpr you take it with a slightly smaller pinch of salt.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 pm

We have joined the queue of clubs considering a move for free agent Tim Cahill, thirty eight years young.

Other clubs mulling over an offer include Cahill's previous club Millwall, where he played with Bircham, and Forest.

Various sources.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:01 pm

A nine minute Spackman, is that a record? :D

Deadend me old mate if Cahill joins until the end of season and scores a couple to help keep us up then I am all for it.

Remy on the way to Watford it seems.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:07 pm

haha I had the link up but got distracted halfway through :cry:
Cahill's 38, his best years well behind him. He wasn't even at starter in the A-League.

Oh he also got a Red Card without even being on the pitch last season.