Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Cardiff City

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Cardiff City

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:16 pm

What about there Pen? Never for me but I haven't seen a replay?

Anyone?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Ned I think you owe Baptiste a pint after that howler in the first half, although I will say that aside he didn't have a bad game.

If Scowen could play a 5yrd pass when we're 3 on 1 edge of there box then we would have won 4-1.

Cousins wing back :shock: dear god Ollie when will you learn!

Smithies distribution on the Volley today was something to admire Jesus Christ he was on the money all day long.

Wozsolek heart goes out to you m8, stripped off ready to come on & then BANG goes in the equaliser, he then stands there for about 10 mins freezing his nuts off, eventually has a little jog up the pitch to then stand and watch the kid get the nod infront of him, chin up Pav.

Referee bow your head in shame, Tim Robinson the muppet that keeps on giving, penalty? U what m8! giving them a free kick towards the end of game for offside but let's them take it in our half, back to play two or three times, but for me then Pen was a horror call.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm
Ned I think you owe Baptiste a pint after that howler in the first half, although I will say that aside he didn't have a bad game.

If Scowen could play a 5yrd pass when we're 3 on 1 edge of there box then we would have won 4-1.

Smithies distribution on the Volley today was something to admire Jesus Christ he was on the money all day long.

Wozsolek heart goes out to you m8, stripped off ready to come on & then BANG goes in the equaliser, he then stands there for about 10 mins freezing his nuts off, eventually has a little jog up the pitch to then stand and watch the kid get the nod infront of him, chin up Pav.

Referee bow your head in shame, Tim Robinson the muppet that keeps on giving, penalty? U what m8! giving them a free kick towards the end of game for offside but let's them take it in our half, back to play two or three times, but for me then Pen was a horror call.
Apparently that was a good call. The free kick is taken from the point the offside player becomes active, not the position he's initially considered off side in. Agree about the pen though, that was a crap decision.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm
I'd be fascinated to know what happened in training since Friday to elevate Smyth from no where to starting and relegate Wheeler out of the squad. Absolutely no continuity, no wonder our strikers are struggling, they may be limited but give them some time to find form. Matt Smith is like playing with ten men and if that's Cousin's at wing back then forget being sacked, Holloway wants putting out of his misery. I don't want to see us sack a manager but the bloke is coming across completely flipping clueless at the moment. I'm still amazed people thought this was a good appointment.

Now go and prove me wrong.
CW and Sylla hopefully won't be stinking up the first team anymore - they have both had enough chances and not taken them. New striker in Jan to replace both, and things may start to look up for us.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Yes, another duffo ref. It seemed earlier in the season that there had been a magical improvement in standards but no, they've reverted to type now. The free kick for offside that Cardiff took in our half was relatively unimportant but embarrasing for the ref when it dawns on him.

Just seen Lee gib's remarks about the free kick.......I didn't know about the active bit.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Apparently that was a good call. The free kick is taken from the point the offside player becomes active, not the position he's initially considered off side in. Agree about the pen though, that was a crap decision.
If it's not an offence to be offside in your own half then how can you possibly award the free kick to be taken against you in your own half of the field.

Doesn't make any sense to me.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:59 pm
Now watch the mouth breathers demand he start every game and slag him off after he hasn't scored in 3.
You would have to come on and slag people off as usual. Who needs EL when you're around :roll: For someone who bleats about others posting being "mouth breathers" - you might want to look at yourself. Just enjoy a great win and debut.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:51 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 pm
Yes, another duffo ref. It seemed earlier in the season that there had been a magical improvement in standards but no, they've reverted to type now. The free kick for offside that Cardiff took in our half was relatively unimportant but embarrasing for the ref when it dawns on him.

Just seen Lee gib's remarks about the free kick.......I didn't know about the active bit.
Still doesn't make any sense to me, how can you be offside in your own half? The offense is in the opposition half, that's when you're offside surely? Does that mean you could theoretically be given offside just outside your own penalty area for example?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:51 pm
222gers wrote:

Still doesn't make any sense to me, how can you be offside in your own half? The offense is in the opposition half, that's when you're offside surely? Does that mean you could theoretically be given offside just outside your own penalty area for example?
Blimey BG, my head hurts :wink:

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Damien, you're a miserable, moaning old tosser who hasn't got a clue about football, but your presence on the board brightens the place up no end. Don't go anywhere, will you?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
222gers wrote:

Exactly that.

You can't give a pen unless the offense takes place in the box, you can't give a corner or a throw or a goal kick unless the ball goes out of play.

You can't be given offside unless your in the opposing half so how can the awarded free kick be taken inside your half.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm
Damien, you're a miserable, moaning old tosser who hasn't got a clue about football, but your presence on the board brightens the place up no end. Don't go anywhere, will you?
Unlike you. Fecking hilarious you are. Boil your head you miserable twat.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

How did Cousins not toe poke home freemans ball.

As I thought Smyths goals took a deflection that mullered the keeper, but the pace he showed to skin there defender frightening.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:28 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
222gers wrote:

Exactly that.

You can't give a pen unless the offense takes place in the box, you can't give a corner or a throw or a goal kick unless the ball goes out of play.

You can't be given offside unless your in the opposing half so how can the awarded free kick be taken inside your half.
Somebody pointed out quite correctly in the thread earlier he came from an offside position in our half.... He collected the ball in their half ....

That's why the free kick was taken from there.... Looks bizarre to the untrained eye but is actually correct in law where the kick is taken....

Remember when Charlie had a goal disallowed against Citeh?

Joe Hart touched it twice in the area when taking a goal kick ( the second touch presenting Charlie with a gift ) and Instead of awarding a goal the ref made him retake the kick instead.... correct in law again

Every fan thinks they know the laws of the game.....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
222gers wrote:

Exactly that.

I didn't know about this either, the commentators on the stream mentioned it as soon as it was taken and there was a chorus of boos from the stands. First I'd heard of it but they were pretty sure.