Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Cardiff City

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

northernr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Cardiff City

Post by northernr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm

they never shout the "rule" changes because they are LAWS, hence why most people do not understand the Laws of the Game because they cant even call them correct aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Tunga wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:13 pm
Thanks tunga but it's lost on me
You are given offside when you interfere with play (play the ball). The free-kick occurs where that happens, not where you were stood when the pass was made.

If you're stood offside in the opponent's half, then you run back to your own half and receive it, the free-kick is now in your own half.

Surely you've read the laws if you're taking a refereeing exam?
But I’m not offside in my half, If I receive the ball in there half in an offside position then yes I’m offside but if I don’t recieve the ball & end up back in my own half then I’m confused as to how I’m offside.

I’ll bring it up in the class room, I’ve browsed the laws of the game but haven’t gone into great detail with them, I’ve played footy all my life so know my way around a pitch but I guess now I’m looking to take charge of a game there is a lot more to it.

If sum1 explains it to my face maybe it’ll sink in. Tbh I wish i’d never seen it on Saturday & brought it up :?

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:56 pm

It's because you won't have enough committed the offence until you interfere with play. He interfered with play in his own half. You could be offside for ten minutes eating a sandwich by the corner flag but you don't hear the whistle until the ball hits your cucumber, so to speak.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:46 pm
Tunga wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:13 pm
Thanks tunga but it's lost on me
You are given offside when you interfere with play (play the ball). The free-kick occurs where that happens, not where you were stood when the pass was made.

If you're stood offside in the opponent's half, then you run back to your own half and receive it, the free-kick is now in your own half.

But I’m not offside in my half, If I receive the ball in there half in an offside position then yes I’m offside but if I don’t recieve the ball & end up back in my own half then I’m confused as to how I’m offside.

I’ll bring it up in the class room, I’ve browsed the laws of the game but haven’t gone into great detail with them, I’ve played footy all my life so know my way around a pitch but I guess now I’m looking to take charge of a game there is a lot more to it.

If sum1 explains it to my face maybe it’ll sink in. Tbh I wish i’d never seen it on Saturday & brought it up :?
The point is it does not matter where you are when you receive the ball it is where you are when the pass is made. This as far as I know is the offside law and it has always been thus. The complication arises from the "new" interpretation that you are only penalised when interfering with play having been offside in the same phase of the game. The whole thing is now further complicated because it has now been decided that the free kick is taken from the spot where you are when penalised not where you are when deemed offside.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tunga wrote:

The point is it does not matter where you are when you receive the ball it is where you are when the pass is made. This as far as I know is the offside law and it has always been thus. The complication arises from the "new" interpretation that you are only penalised when interfering with play having been offside in the same phase of the game. The whole thing is now further complicated because it has now been decided that the free kick is taken from the spot where you are when penalised not where you are when deemed offside.
I think I'll take up chess again !

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:21 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

I think I'll take up chess again !
I'll explain more fully at LR😀

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Player in an offside position in opponents half when ball is played to him, the ball never actually makes it to the attacking player he drifts back into his own half where he receives the ball he is then flagged offside & the free kick is taken by the opposition within the attackers half where the offence took place.

Not sure if this was explained to me previously in this thread but I have now had classification on the matter & im satisfied.

To all concerned i apologise for my previous ramblings on the subject.