6 points out of 30

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: 6 points out of 30

Post by Lee Gib » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:26 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 am

That's what people said when Ramsey was in charge, so we sacked him, got JFH in, and it did get worse. They said the same about JFH, we sacked him too, and it's continued (results wise at any rate) to get worse. I don't doubt there are managers out there who could do a better job, but who amongst them would want to come here even if we could afford them. We don't have a great track record of identifying managerial talent, so of course it could get worse.
This, the trend suggests us making mid-season managerial appointments takes the team backwards. Holloway is doing a very poor job, but a rash decision is not going to help. The club should be working now to identify a list of potential managerial targets that fit with the clubs vision, have potential and would be willing to come here and then remove Holloway the day after our last game assuming they find a suitable target.

He can't take this team forward, but removing him could be an even bigger disaster.
Satch, what would be a bigger disaster than getting relegated?
Getting relegated while having to pay off a manager that we just sacked and therefore having less funds for players.

The implication I take it is that if we get rid of Olly we'll be ok when our recent history in such matters suggests that we wont.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Angelo Balanta just scored for Boreham Wood.....

Another prospect of ours finds a level...!

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:19 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm
So who do people think would be better with what we have player wise available? Would they be just another gamble? Losing Warnock to keep Ferdinand was another TF mistake and for me Warnock was the man at that time. But who now? Previously i have said Grayson but i think that was based on hope rather than considered thought. We will have no money for compensation so we are really talking of someone out of a job who is prepared to come with no budget. I am not a supporter of IH and think he believes he is a great tactician when clearly he isn't but i am just not sure who else there is. Personally on the basis LF is safe i would change Bircham so someone with a greater tactical ability.
Paul Clement

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:48 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Is that the same Angelo Balanta who scored 3 from 10 starts for Qpr a better goals to starts % than Connor Washington.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:42 pm

I think expecting someone of the pedigree of Paul Clement to come to QPR is fanciful. We are a lower end Championship side with no money. The only person who would come will be an out of work Championship or below manager or someone in a job in the lower half of league 1 or league 2. To think we would get anyone else i think takes no account of the situation we are in. As i have said in a previous post after the payments from the Premier League have finished TF has told Hoos we must break even. To put that in perspective Hoos said we must consider ourselves the equivalent of Barnsley and frankly i do not see Clement going to Barnsley. That is the reality and i heard it straight from the man's mouth.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:51 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 pm

And in the same match, Bruno Andrade has scored.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:58 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:42 pm
I think expecting someone of the pedigree of Paul Clement to come to QPR is fanciful. We are a lower end Championship side with no money. The only person who would come will be an out of work Championship or below manager or someone in a job in the lower half of league 1 or league 2. To think we would get anyone else i think takes no account of the situation we are in. As i have said in a previous post after the payments from the Premier League have finished TF has told Hoos we must break even. To put that in perspective Hoos said we must consider ourselves the equivalent of Barnsley and frankly i do not see Clement going to Barnsley. That is the reality and i heard it straight from the man's mouth.
Pedigree? Mr Clement has had two jobs off the back of coaching in Europe and has been sacked twice. He's about to get a reality check on what is available to him next. But I hear you.......

About time we picked up a striker from Eastern Europe. A better version than Adam Jerkass hopefully. Surely these guys will be within our budget, even if its a gamble with a jump up in quality.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:01 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:42 pm
The more I hear from Hoos, the more he annoys me. Does the guy have any serious grasp on the history and culture of our football club? Instead of making half-arsed comparisons to South Yorkshire QPR-obssessed mediocrities like Barnsley, he should be working out why even Brentford are currently playing more attractive and successful football than us, and how we can (and should be trying) to emulate the likes of Bournemouth and Palace. All this managing downwards of expectations really gets on my tits.

As for breaking even, what a joke coming from our massive loss-making chairman and his board! That is not likely to happen for years, and only IF we get back to the Premiership. This is football, not Planet Hollywood. Get a grip!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Stainrod's elbow unfortunately that is the reality. We turnover i think £16m which is similar to Barnsley and that is what we will have to survive on. Our rather brilliant TF thinks that we are going to unearth a bunch of gems who cost nothing and they will launch us back to the Premier League. He thought his Formula 1 team were going to compete with Mercedes. The man is deluded but the facts are the facts. That is where we now sit if you want to get a reality check on the future of QPR.....and that assumes TF and his investors will be paying the fine . Sorry to be doom and gloom but i still believe our very survival is at risk. TF says all sorts of rubbish based on his ego. Build a new ground - he had one small option , nothing else. Upgrade the training facilities is a cert...i suggest you wait and see on that. We will pay off the FPL fine. He is imagining we will be challenging for the Premiership when the truth is we will be lower end of the Championship or League 1 . I wonder if he will invest £40m at that point. He could buy another club for a lot less than that which is higher in the League than we are and financially fairy sound.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:26 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am

This, the trend suggests us making mid-season managerial appointments takes the team backwards. Holloway is doing a very poor job, but a rash decision is not going to help. The club should be working now to identify a list of potential managerial targets that fit with the clubs vision, have potential and would be willing to come here and then remove Holloway the day after our last game assuming they find a suitable target.

He can't take this team forward, but removing him could be an even bigger disaster.
Satch, what would be a bigger disaster than getting relegated?
Getting relegated while having to pay off a manager that we just sacked and therefore having less funds for players.

The implication I take it is that if we get rid of Olly we'll be ok when our recent history in such matters suggests that we wont.
My biggest fear is that we keep IH and we get relegated. i.e. we go down without having done everything possible to stay up. Right now I feel that's the direction we're heading. We need to take a risk. Do something radical. Shake up this malaise. We're winning the odd game, getting a point here and there in the hope it's enough. I don't feel it will be.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Schtevie Mcclaren to the rescue

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:28 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:19 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm
So who do people think would be better with what we have player wise available? Would they be just another gamble? Losing Warnock to keep Ferdinand was another TF mistake and for me Warnock was the man at that time. But who now? Previously i have said Grayson but i think that was based on hope rather than considered thought. We will have no money for compensation so we are really talking of someone out of a job who is prepared to come with no budget. I am not a supporter of IH and think he believes he is a great tactician when clearly he isn't but i am just not sure who else there is. Personally on the basis LF is safe i would change Bircham so someone with a greater tactical ability.
Paul Clement
Great call, because at Millwall last night there was no evidence that
any real coaching is going on at Loftus Road.
Staff Benda Bilili

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 am
We need to find a striker on the cheap in january. It could be a loan or a discovery. To me the future lies with Penrice. Fernandes is a spent [ literally ] force and Penrice needs to bring one out of the bag. If we drop to League 1 i see the chances of the investors piling in £40m for FFP fanciful . Fernandes by his silence has probably just come of his ego drugs and can see that actually the best we will be is bottom half of the Championship. Whether he bails the club like he did in Formula 1 remains to be seen but short term survival is not in my view down to IH but to Penrice finding someone who knows where the net is.
Don't you think they are already looking for a decent striker, and have been for some time? E.G. Washington was a worthwhile gamble, no one thought that was a bad move, and look how that turned out. There isn't that much obvious/affordable talent out there
It seems we paid between 2-3 Million Pounds for Washington: not a lot if we were in the Premier but based on our current financial situation this purchase has been a disaster financially (and sadly on the pitch too). Certainly not a worthwhile gamble IMO.
Lex Talionis........

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:15 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 am
We need to find a striker on the cheap in january. It could be a loan or a discovery. To me the future lies with Penrice. Fernandes is a spent [ literally ] force and Penrice needs to bring one out of the bag. If we drop to League 1 i see the chances of the investors piling in £40m for FFP fanciful . Fernandes by his silence has probably just come of his ego drugs and can see that actually the best we will be is bottom half of the Championship. Whether he bails the club like he did in Formula 1 remains to be seen but short term survival is not in my view down to IH but to Penrice finding someone who knows where the net is.
Don't you think they are already looking for a decent striker, and have been for some time? E.G. Washington was a worthwhile gamble, no one thought that was a bad move, and look how that turned out. There isn't that much obvious/affordable talent out there
It seems we paid between 2-3 Million Pounds for Washington: not a lot if we were in the Premier but based on our current financial situation this purchase has been a disaster financially (and sadly on the pitch too). Certainly not a worthwhile gamble IMO.
My main point was that even a punt that looked reasonable at the time in term of the supposed potential of the player turned out very poorly.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 pm

dbak wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 pm
Another few weeks we will be bottom 3. Time for change
...five points above the drop area....so even 2 weeks might be enough.... :roll: :roll: