6 points out of 30

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: 6 points out of 30

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 am

I really think people are putting pressure in the wrong direction. IH may not be the greatest but in all honesty would anyone else do better? The quality of especially our forward line is simple not up to it. Washington was a mistake clearly. He may run around but he can't score goals . Sylla is not keen enough or strong enough and appears moody and Smith is a Fulham reject which tells a story. What could anyone else do better. As IH said last night we missed 2 they got the one when they had the chance.
The change needs to be taken further up the club. Fernandes ranks amongst the worst ever chairman of a football club. Created dreams based on his ego and has failed in every area. I still believe he will be the end of the football club. If LF is the man who sanctions players then as a striker himself what on earth....
We need to find a striker on the cheap in january. It could be a loan or a discovery. To me the future lies with Penrice. Fernandes is a spent [ literally ] force and Penrice needs to bring one out of the bag. If we drop to League 1 i see the chances of the investors piling in £40m for FFP fanciful . Fernandes by his silence has probably just come of his ego drugs and can see that actually the best we will be is bottom half of the Championship. Whether he bails the club like he did in Formula 1 remains to be seen but short term survival is not in my view down to IH but to Penrice finding someone who knows where the net is.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:36 am

Yesterday was the first time this season that I had real critiscm towards the team. I know we have very average players and that IH has to get by on a shoestring budget but the energy and passion that was put into games made up for the lack of quality, slightly.
Yesterday, there was no energy, no passion and we were out fought for every ball by an average, mid table team. That was unacceptable.
I'm hoping this was a one off.
I'm still backing Hollaway but as I said before: the current QPR side minus the passion and energy equals League 1 level. The players aren't good enough to not put in 100% every game.

dbak
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by dbak » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:41 am

Tony fernandes does want the best for the club and he has ploughed millions in but because of the wrong people guiding him every time its failed, all he seems to do now is try to say everythings wonderful and we are heading in the right direction. we are heading to league 1 Tony if not this year next. we will never return to the prem with the current leadership...

As for Ian Holloway last night we lost, second half powder puff, However Ian holloways preparation for this match was not with the players it was goading Millwall cos they got sense and sacked him at a time where he was clueless in that job. under this guy we will only go down despite his apparenrt love for the club.....we will be in the bottom three by the end of jan-mid feb.

I think Les needs to go, he isn't up to the task, i question lee hoos as well, who talks a good game. the only people who appear to get anything right in the club is the community trust...I'm really disallusioned with things.it all went wrong when warnock left the first time. we never learnt our lesson had a chance to get it right but failed....

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 am
IH may not be the greatest but in all honesty would anyone else do better?
It's an odd question Andrew. My answer would be yes, almost anyone else would do better. Or to put it another way, could anyone else do any worse?

There's no point blaming Fernandes. He doesn't prepare the team for games. He not responsible for making sure the players fully motivated. He doesn't make decisions on who goes out on loan etc. That's all IH's job. And he's failing at it. He's yesterday's man. He can't even talk a good game anymore. If we get relegated not having made a change of management ahead of this window we'll have only ourselves to blame. If we make that change AND we get relegated then IH will have been vindicated.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 am

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:36 am
The players aren't good enough to not put in 100% every game.
This made me laugh. Are you saying not giving 100% is an option for some players?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
We need to find a striker on the cheap in january. It could be a loan or a discovery. To me the future lies with Penrice. Fernandes is a spent [ literally ] force and Penrice needs to bring one out of the bag. If we drop to League 1 i see the chances of the investors piling in £40m for FFP fanciful . Fernandes by his silence has probably just come of his ego drugs and can see that actually the best we will be is bottom half of the Championship. Whether he bails the club like he did in Formula 1 remains to be seen but short term survival is not in my view down to IH but to Penrice finding someone who knows where the net is.
Don't you think they are already looking for a decent striker, and have been for some time? E.G. Washington was a worthwhile gamble, no one thought that was a bad move, and look how that turned out. There isn't that much obvious/affordable talent out there
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
It's an odd question Andrew. My answer would be yes, almost anyone else would do better. Or to put it another way, could anyone else do any worse?
That's what people said when Ramsey was in charge, so we sacked him, got JFH in, and it did get worse. They said the same about JFH, we sacked him too, and it's continued (results wise at any rate) to get worse. I don't doubt there are managers out there who could do a better job, but who amongst them would want to come here even if we could afford them. We don't have a great track record of identifying managerial talent, so of course it could get worse.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 am

Get Roy Keane in that'll shake things up.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 am

I don't think we need a shake up of the kind that Keane is well known for. The players are very well motivated as it is. Our shortcomings have been discussed over and over. Obviously we have to find a net burster from somewhere. Trouble is we are always under pressure because of the runs of form, if you can call it that. Six bad results followed by a few more hopeful ones, then six bad ones and so on. A decent run of six successful games would be a welcome boost and bring confidence to the players. Self evident really I suppose.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 am
n22hoop wrote:
ANDREW1302 wrote:
That's what people said when Ramsey was in charge, so we sacked him, got JFH in, and it did get worse. They said the same about JFH, we sacked him too, and it's continued (results wise at any rate) to get worse. I don't doubt there are managers out there who could do a better job, but who amongst them would want to come here even if we could afford them. We don't have a great track record of identifying managerial talent, so of course it could get worse.
This, the trend suggests us making mid-season managerial appointments takes the team backwards. Holloway is doing a very poor job, but a rash decision is not going to help. The club should be working now to identify a list of potential managerial targets that fit with the clubs vision, have potential and would be willing to come here and then remove Holloway the day after our last game assuming they find a suitable target.

He can't take this team forward, but removing him could be an even bigger disaster.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:51 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 am
Wegerle wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:36 am
The players aren't good enough to not put in 100% every game.
This made me laugh. Are you saying not giving 100% is an option for some players?
Of course not but a Messi might still be able to destroy teams when idling along at 90%
Our team can only get results when each player is fully fit and gives the full 100% but I think you understood that. ;)

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

So who do people think would be better with what we have player wise available? Would they be just another gamble? Losing Warnock to keep Ferdinand was another TF mistake and for me Warnock was the man at that time. But who now? Previously i have said Grayson but i think that was based on hope rather than considered thought. We will have no money for compensation so we are really talking of someone out of a job who is prepared to come with no budget. I am not a supporter of IH and think he believes he is a great tactician when clearly he isn't but i am just not sure who else there is. Personally on the basis LF is safe i would change Bircham so someone with a greater tactical ability.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:20 pm

We need someone with a better eye for goal than the current strikers. Converting a few more chances would mean that the whole team looked better. Either we find someone, or, we work out how to make better use of the goal-scoring potential that we have - meaning that we play to the strengths of Smith, Sylla and Washington. My guess is that the search is under way for someone with a taste for goals who does not have a silly price tag. I am not talking about the mythical '20 goals a season' man - they are few and far between, too expensive and not likely to want to come, anyway. But, somewhere, there is a young player who would make a difference. Where are you, sir?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:26 pm

We have been linked with a few strikers so you never know we might sign one or two, even move on one or two of ours, has to be worth the gamble.

Whoever plays up front we have to give them a decent service and that certainly isn't happening now. Something is wrong with our midfield, can't put my finger on it but we really aren't doing well there.

Keep Ollie for now so long as he gets rid of that ridiculous cap.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 am
n22hoop wrote:

This, the trend suggests us making mid-season managerial appointments takes the team backwards. Holloway is doing a very poor job, but a rash decision is not going to help. The club should be working now to identify a list of potential managerial targets that fit with the clubs vision, have potential and would be willing to come here and then remove Holloway the day after our last game assuming they find a suitable target.

He can't take this team forward, but removing him could be an even bigger disaster.
Satch, what would be a bigger disaster than getting relegated?