pre-Birmingham

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

pre-Birmingham

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 am

I see Mr Ian is saying the boys feel they've not been getting their just desserts during our depressing recent run, not to mention our horrendous record on the road. Really? I was there in the 0-4 capitulation at Forest, and, if they were hot knives, we were the obliging blue and white butter. At Derby, I gather, we completely failed to show up and were deservedly and glumly beaten. Ditto Villa, who took us apart in the 2nd half. (I could go on, and others may care to.)

I'd say the table doesn't lie and we're pretty much where we deserve to be in the table right now. Holloway would do better to say so honestly, and talk about ways we need to improve, and he needs to improve us, starting with our shocking 'strike force' and non-threatening midfield. How often does that actually happen though? Most managers will sooner blame everyone and everything from officials to climate change to the Chinese horoscope and/or the mythical 'rub of the green' than highlight their own, and their team's, patent inadequacies. Looking at the antics of Klopp and Mourinho this week in the media, it seems to get worse the higher up the footballing tree you go.

As for Saturday, I'm certainly not anticipating a repetition of February's 4-1 demolition at St. Andrew's , evne though we have pretty much the same squad, and the team that plays is likely to be fairly similar. But they're at such a low ebb we really ought to be trying to nick it, and there won't be many more winnable away games on paper this year.

My misery guts prediction: Brum 3 Rs 2. sick
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: pre-Birmingham

Post by 222gers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 pm

I think we'll kick start our season again with a narrow win thus propelling us up a place or two.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:00 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 pm
I think we'll kick start our season again with a narrow win thus propelling us up a place or two.
Love your optimism, have we signed Sergio Agüero in the last week?
Staff Benda Bilili

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:32 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 am
.......and there won't be many more winnable away games on paper this year.
And do we ever win when we're might be expected to?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:17 pm

What's the chances of winning at Birmingham back to back ? I can't see it happening.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:17 pm
What's the chances of winning at Birmingham back to back ? I can't see it happening.
Put your mortgage on it son !

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:50 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 am
I see Mr Ian is saying the boys feel they've not been getting their just desserts during our depressing recent run, not to mention our horrendous record on the road. Really? I was there in the 0-4 capitulation at Forest, and, if they were hot knives, we were the obliging blue and white butter. At Derby, I gather, we completely failed to show up and were deservedly and glumly beaten. Ditto Villa, who took us apart in the 2nd half. (I could go on, and others may care to.)

I'd say the table doesn't lie and we're pretty much where we deserve to be in the table right now. Holloway would do better to say so honestly, and talk about ways we need to improve, and he needs to improve us, starting with our shocking 'strike force' and non-threatening midfield. How often does that actually happen though? Most managers will sooner blame everyone and everything from officials to climate change to the Chinese horoscope and/or the mythical 'rub of the green' than highlight their own, and their team's, patent inadequacies. Looking at the antics of Klopp and Mourinho this week in the media, it seems to get worse the higher up the footballing tree you go.

As for Saturday, I'm certainly not anticipating a repetition of February's 4-1 demolition at St. Andrew's , evne though we have pretty much the same squad, and the team that plays is likely to be fairly similar. But they're at such a low ebb we really ought to be trying to nick it, and there won't be many more winnable away games on paper this year.

My misery guts prediction: Brum 3 Rs 2. sick
I don't think this will be a high scoring game, Brum have scored even less than us so far. I'll go a boring 0-1 away win!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Picked this one out a while back to attend, one of the closer away days unfortunately the mrs has other ideas, tbh I didn't take a lot of persuading.

I said I expected 5 points in December & this was the first game I thought we would pick Something up in.

They have on paper some very decent players spent a lot of money recently but praise the lord they have a numpty like Cotterill incharge.

I think 1-1 or 2-1 either way.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:51 pm

We'll win 5-0 tomorrow

Then lose the next seven......

Chimpo
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Chimpo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Two nil win tomorrow, both First half own goals.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:48 am

The team trained at Aston Villa, yesterday, apparently.
Albert Adomah left some notes in the changing room on how to beat Birmingham. OK, I made that bit up. But - other than 'score more goals than they do' - if he had, then, what would he have said?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:06 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:48 am
The team trained at Aston Villa, yesterday, apparently.
Albert Adomah left some notes in the changing room on how to beat Birmingham. OK, I made that bit up. But - other than 'score more goals than they do' - if he had, then, what would he have said?
Not sure he knows, Villa coudn't beat Birmingham back in October.

First goal vital get the crowd on there backs & they will crumble, win your personal battles & leave nothing out there.

I would start along those lines but there would be many f's, foaming at the mouth shouting & staring everyone in the eye.

They're playing for Ollies job at the moment, unless they want him sacked that is.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:57 am

Birmingham have scored ten league goals this season. TEN!!!!! Therefore I expect Holloway to set up for a draw with one up top and no wingers - it must be Wheeler’s turn out of the tombola today.

Brum 3 QPR 0, and Uncle Bungle tweeting about how proud he is that Ollie has brought passion back to our club. #£££££oldoakcommon£££££

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 am

Its 11.21 as I write this and Birmingham is only about one hour travelling time away. I thought about going today and then thought "no don't be daft, we'll lose 0-2 and I'll come home feeling more depressed than I do now".

Its a very sad state of affairs that I should feel like this, but having watched some fantastic and exciting R's teams in the past it saddens me to see this squad as poor as it is.

With my Rangers travelling companion quite poorly at the moment and my son now married and living in Leicester, I can see that for the first time in 25 years I will not be renewing my ST next season. There are only so many times you can travel back to Northamptonshire feeling utterly peed off having witnessed yet another defeat before you decide that surely there must be better ways to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Are you listening Mr. Fernandes, because despite your positivity, this really is bloody poor stuff and crowds will continue to ebb away.

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 am

IJM wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 am
Its 11.21 as I write this and Birmingham is only about one hour travelling time away. I thought about going today and then thought "no don't be daft, we'll lose 0-2 and I'll come home feeling more depressed than I do now".

Its a very sad state of affairs that I should feel like this, but having watched some fantastic and exciting R's teams in the past it saddens me to see this squad as poor as it is.

With my Rangers travelling companion quite poorly at the moment and my son now married and living in Leicester, I can see that for the first time in 25 years I will not be renewing my ST next season. There are only so many times you can travel back to Northamptonshire feeling utterly peed off having witnessed yet another defeat before you decide that surely there must be better ways to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Are you listening Mr. Fernandes, because despite your positivity, this really is bloody poor stuff and crowds will continue to ebb away.
I also live in Northants and didn't feel even remotely tempted to go today but my son, who works in Uzbekistan and uses that as an excuse not to have a ST anymore, arrived back last night so to Brum it is!

I disagree about the squad as it happens and can't help thinking that with better use of the players we have we would be much better placed - almost a shame that we couldn't have Ollie to gee up the players alongside JFH's organisational skills...

If you do want to go to any games and can get yourself over to this side of the county let me know...
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink: