Mr Goss keeping options open

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Mr Goss keeping options open

Post by Greyhound » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

They're a good trio, and they are perfectly fine size-wise, unless you are Tony Pulis. But they should be producing more goals, and more threat. That seemed to be the case earlier on in the season, but Freeman seems to have gone off the boil a bit, and Luongo has been a bit in and out for the last month. Bigger players with less skill and tackling ability would be a strange way to go.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Maybe if our forwards were able to hold the ball up and create space they'd get more goals. At the moment you're effectively asking them to create their own chances and regularly rifle the ball in the net from 20 yards through a crowd of players or weave through a congested penalty area. I agree Luongo's shooting could be a bit better, but realistically i don't see where they might get chances from.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:15 pm
Maybe if our forwards were able to hold the ball up and create space they'd get more goals. At the moment you're effectively asking them to create their own chances and regularly rifle the ball in the net from 20 yards through a crowd of players or weave through a congested penalty area. I agree Luongo's shooting could be a bit better, but realistically i don't see where they might get chances from.
Could not agree more

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Satch wrote:
Could not agree more
Good point Satch but I don't believe any of our strikers will ever hold up the ball well, and it's a particular mystery why man mountain Smith is so poor at doing this.

I think the creation of space for our midfield trio to move into will more likely be acheived through sharp passing and quick movement.