Mr Goss keeping options open

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Mr Goss keeping options open

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm
Your talking of Barton in a negative context, for all of his off field antics I thought he put a shift in & was one of the better signings in that dark period.

And talking of our dark period it's imposible to compare any signings within that time to our current situation.

Goss is part of the new era we have very little funds & Ollie signed him, WHY HASNT HE FEATURED, NOT A SINGLE SECOND ON THE PITCH!
Read Joey's book to find out what he thought of our club and the respect he had for the managers at the time
To think our current midfield trio combined are earning less than he did on his own.
Didnt he play under Hughes one of the most vile and disliked people in football.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 pm
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm
Your talking of Barton in a negative context, for all of his off field antics I thought he put a shift in & was one of the better signings in that dark period.

And talking of our dark period it's imposible to compare any signings within that time to our current situation.

Goss is part of the new era we have very little funds & Ollie signed him, WHY HASNT HE FEATURED, NOT A SINGLE SECOND ON THE PITCH!
Read Joey's book to find out what he thought of our club and the respect he had for the managers at the time
To think our current midfield trio combined are earning less than he did on his own.
Didnt he play under Hughes one of the most vile and disliked people in football.
signed by Warnock, shipped out by Hughes, which was the best thing he did and apparently the promotion happened despite Redknapp

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Anyway post suicide spending Qpr - 500k on a player that had never played professional football before seemed very odd to me & so it's proving.

Like u say It is what it is move on, just think it could be a long while before you see us spend 500k on a player again.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Barton is always easy to slag off, simply because In the UK he is high profile. He cost us a lot, stayed for a long time, but his commitment on the pitch cannot be questioned.

There were (and are) countless others who earnt a lot more, or at least the same and gave feck all. The money is the money, the effort and work is what counts, can’t fault him on either.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 am

I think my background feeling was the cost versus the effectiveness of what we've recently bought.

I can understand Barton being raked up, or indeed any other of our "star" signings in recent years, however quite where this leaves a club like ours ( FFP et al ) I'm unsure.

It can't be beyond the wit of man to assess whats required - personally I'd have been looking for an older pro / Shaun Derry type of acquisition to complement what we've got.

Instead, good as he may be in years to come he ain't much good to us right now.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 pm

nic wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 am
Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm
agree, I find them interesting and the best part of a playmaking passing side, but it's goals that win matches.

Scowen hasn't scored? ( haven't checked) and Luongo not many either

are we really saying ALL our problems are defensive in making? I guess so.
I think this is a bit of a fallacy. If you have a great midfield, they should be dominating possession, feeding the strikers and protecting the back four. We don’t do that. So obviously the defence is very weak, and the strikers are not great, but to imagine this has nothing to do with the midfield makes no sense to me.
nailonhead

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 am
I think my background feeling was the cost versus the effectiveness of what we've recently bought.

I can understand Barton being raked up, or indeed any other of our "star" signings in recent years, however quite where this leaves a club like ours ( FFP et al ) I'm unsure.

It can't be beyond the wit of man to assess whats required - personally I'd have been looking for an older pro / Shaun Derry type of acquisition to complement what we've got.

Instead, good as he may be in years to come he ain't much good to us right now.
i agree

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 pm

whittonhoop wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 pm
Barton is always easy to slag off, simply because In the UK he is high profile. He cost us a lot, stayed for a long time, but his commitment on the pitch cannot be questioned.

There were (and are) countless others who earnt a lot more, or at least the same and gave feck all. The money is the money, the effort and work is what counts, can’t fault him on either.
let's agree to disagree on this one. He might have tried on the pitch, but he was an average Championship player on Premier League wages, who was disruptive with all his managers and divisive in the dressing room.

Anyway, lets move on, hopefully an away win will help us all forget!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 pm

There where many games where he would swan around trying stupid passes. He did a reasonable job for us in the Championship, but that's the least that should be expected.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 pm
There where many games where he would swan around trying stupid passes. He did a reasonable job for us in the Championship, but that's the least that should be expected.
If he was swanning around then god knows how you would describe the rest of them.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Largely flipping useless, but when we were in the PL Joey Barton persisted at trying to play at a level that was simply well beyond his ability. A bit of yelling and pointing won't change that, especially when it's to make up for one of his own misplaced passes.

As i say, in the champ he was a bit better and oddly more prudent in his play, but really he was only a more mobile Shaun Derry, with delusions of grandeur and 80k sovs in his bin every week.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 pm
Largely flipping useless, but when we were in the PL Joey Barton persisted at trying to play at a level that was simply well beyond his ability. A bit of yelling and pointing won't change that, especially when it's to make up for one of his own misplaced passes.

As i say, in the champ he was a bit better and oddly more prudent in his play, but really he was only a more mobile Shaun Derry, with delusions of grandeur and 80k sovs in his bin every week.
Yes i agree his attempt at Hollywood passes every five mins done my nut in.

And yes he is limited but I'll take a limited player that try's all day long.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Like Washington?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:42 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Like Washington?
Nah I'd take a lazy striker that does nothing for 89mins & scores over a striker that huffs & puffs everygame but can't find the net.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Just going back to whether our central midfield trio is any good, I do think they're good and certainly the best bit of our team. However, they're far from what's needed. As we all know they lack goals - Freeman 3 and Luongo 1 this season. They also lack physical presence; simply they're not big enough. We need at least one to grow 6 inches in height and put on several pounds of muscle.