Mr Goss keeping options open

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Mr Goss keeping options open

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 pm

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr- ... tions-open

well, good for him

have to say I found the "boys haven't put a foot wrong" comment a little surprising
If our midfield were that good then we wouldn't be in the dire poo poo we're in at present
A midfield that hasn't put a foot wrong this season would have scored 15 odd goals....to my way of thinking

somehow I don't think they've done that.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Mr Goss keeping options open

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 pm
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr- ... tions-open

well, good for him

have to say I found the "boys haven't put a foot wrong" comment a little surprising
If our midfield were that good then we wouldn't be in the dire poo poo we're in at present
A midfield that hasn't put a foot wrong this season would have scored 15 odd goals....to my way of thinking

somehow I don't think they've done that.
I'm no tactical genius but surely for the midfield to score that have to be near the goal and be given time to get there by the forwards holding the ball. This doesn't happen too often

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm
I'm no tactical genius but surely for the midfield to score that have to be near the goal and be given time to get there by the forwards holding the ball. This doesn't happen too often
..yes, most of the times our tactics have been ...throwing long balls up front...and I doubt that you can score many goals shooting from the edge
of your own penalty area... :roll: :roll:

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 pm

You haven't been watching the same games as me Giorgio.

Hasn't Freeman been involved in more goals than any other Championship player? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part. Whatever, this current midfield is far better than any we have had for a long time.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

agree, I find them interesting and the best part of a playmaking passing side, but it's goals that win matches.

Scowen hasn't scored? ( haven't checked) and Luongo not many either

are we really saying ALL our problems are defensive in making? I guess so.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:59 pm

It's baffling that Goss has not played a single second of a competitive game this season.

We are shit out of form struggling in every dept & yet a 500k Man Utd signing hasn't touched a blade of grass all season.

I assume he trains with the rest of the squad?

Personally I think this should be brought up at the next AGM because it seems very odd.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:59 pm
It's baffling that Goss has not played a single second of a competitive game this season.

We are shit out of form struggling in every dept & yet a 500k Man Utd signing hasn't touched a blade of grass all season.

Personally I think this should be brought up at the next AGM because it seems very odd.
I think it is no more than Holloway thinks others can do better.

He's obviously not pulled up and trees in training and is still young (ish) . He could still come good though as age is very much on his side. I would get him out on loan for the rest of season and see what he does.

Not sure it's worthy of bringing up at the AGM!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am

StevenageRanger wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

He's obviously not pulled up and trees in training and is still young (ish) . He could still come good though as age is very much on his side. I would get him out on loan for the rest of season and see what he does.

He's 22 hardly a kid in footballing terms, half our first team are 25.

For me it needs addressing.

I was shot down in flames many times when we signed him, we f*cked up signing a footballer that had never played professional football before.

He should have been a loan not fork out half a mil on an unknown with not a single minute of pro football under his belt.

Anyway just another fine example of how poorly decisions are made at the top within our club.

Utd have seven youngsters out on loan this season yet muggy Qpr spend 500k for the privilege, nearly a year at the club & he can't get near the first team, says a lot when your deemed not good enough to play for a team that has won a shameful 2 in 15!

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm
agree, I find them interesting and the best part of a playmaking passing side, but it's goals that win matches.

Scowen hasn't scored? ( haven't checked) and Luongo not many either

are we really saying ALL our problems are defensive in making? I guess so.
I think this is a bit of a fallacy. If you have a great midfield, they should be dominating possession, feeding the strikers and protecting the back four. We don’t do that. So obviously the defence is very weak, and the strikers are not great, but to imagine this has nothing to do with the midfield makes no sense to me.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am
StevenageRanger wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

I was shot down in flames many times when we signed him, we f*cked up signing a footballer that had never played professional football before.

He should have been a loan not fork out half a mil on an unknown with not a single minute of pro football under his belt.

Anyway just another fine example of how poorly decisions are made at the top within our club.

Utd have seven youngsters out on loan this season yet muggy Qpr spend 500k for the privilege, nearly a year at the club & he can't get near the first team, says a lot when your deemed not good enough to play for a team that has won a shameful 2 in 15!
May be down to the gaffer!

He could be a 1st team regular by the end of Jan :D :D

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 am

StevenageRanger wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
StevenageRanger wrote:

May be down to the gaffer!

He could be a 1st team regular by the end of Jan :D :D
I hate to say it but you could be right.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
StevenageRanger wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

It's not even two months of Joey Barton, SWP or Caulkers wages.
Just let it lie.
Money down the back of the sofa compared to the past!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Your talking of Barton in a negative context, for all of his off field antics I thought he put a shift in & was one of the better signings in that dark period.

And talking of our dark period it's imposible to compare any signings within that time to our current situation.

Goss is part of the new era we have very little funds & Ollie signed him, WHY HASNT HE FEATURED, NOT A SINGLE SECOND ON THE PITCH!

jayp
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jayp » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm
Congratulations, you are qualified to be manager of Queens Park Rangers

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm
Your talking of Barton in a negative context, for all of his off field antics I thought he put a shift in & was one of the better signings in that dark period.

And talking of our dark period it's imposible to compare any signings within that time to our current situation.

Goss is part of the new era we have very little funds & Ollie signed him, WHY HASNT HE FEATURED, NOT A SINGLE SECOND ON THE PITCH!
Read Joey's book to find out what he thought of our club and the respect he had for the managers at the time
To think our current midfield trio combined are earning less than he did on his own.