Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5034
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Rbee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Close to their FFP limit QPR want at least three out in January.

David McIntyre, West London Sport


With the January transfer window approaching, QPR’s options are limited.

Currently in the process of appealing against a huge Financial Fair Play fine, the club is now very close to again exceeding their FFP limit.

The expectation is therefore that a couple of loan signings is the most Rangers will be able to run to. That is unless they can ship out a player or two, which would then give them more scope to bring in new faces.

As it stands, their hopes are largely pinned on three players exiting in the coming weeks.


Ngbakoto out, possibly on loan

There has been speculation during previous transfer windows that Yeni Ngbakoto could leave. But Rangers were keen for him to stay and the player has become more settled in London.

However, 18 months since his arrival from Metz there is now an acceptance that the move has not worked out. There is likely to be interest among clubs, particularly in his native France, and a willingness from all sides to get a deal done for him to leave.


Second-choice Sylla

There have been rumblings of vague interest in Idrissa Sylla – and curiosity about why he doesn’t play more regularly – among clubs ahead of the transfer window. If one or two of them don’t get their top targets in January, QPR might well receive an offer for him.

And it would be welcomed because, as things stand, a transfer fee for Sylla looks to be Rangers’ best chance of recouping some money and giving them more room for manoeuvre in the transfer market.


Cutting ties with Caulker

There is a belief at Rangers that a club will take Caulker and that he will be gone by the end of next month.

Shipping out players on big contracts is difficult, but less so once they are in the final months of those deals. From the perspective of both sides, an agreement then becomes more straightforward because virtually any financial deal cut in order for the player to go would represent a saving compared to paying his full wages for the remainder of the season.


Smithies?

The keeper has been linked with clubs during previous transfer windows but not a single approach for him was made. Ahead of the next window there is so far still no indication at all of Smithies being the subject of interest.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Not Bothered they've royally messed it up so far so why change the habit of a lifetime.

Bored of it tbh, three in or three out ain't gonna make a lot of difference especially the caliber of player we are talking about.

And how this FFP situation only seems to be causing us an issue when there is 4 divisions of professional teams is beyond me.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4485
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by 222gers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm puzzled that we still seem to be falling foul of FFP. It would be nice to see the figures but we obviously never will.

The “belief” in the club that we can shift Caulker out seems like believing in fairy tales.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6199
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by QPR_John » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm
I'm puzzled that we still seem to be falling foul of FFP. It would be nice to see the figures but we obviously never will.

The “belief” in the club that we can shift Caulker out seems like believing in fairy tales.
I agree cannot possibly see how we are falling fail of FFP. If so then either our income is so low we cannot compete and stay within FFP or our contractual obligations are still a burden. If the former then we might as well pack up now if the latter even if we got the to the Premier League we could not possibly compete. FFP don't you just love it

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 pm

It seems unbelievable that we could be in ongoing danger of falling foul of FFP in 2018, after all the 'root and branch' surgery supposedly having taken place in the club. I share the sinking/sickening feeling. It's not why I fell in love with QPR, or football, but it seems to be an inextirpable virus in the body politic of the club, the EFL, or more likely both. As usual, f*ck the fans.

If it's more than just journalistic speculation, however, I think it'll be a big further dent in the credibility of Hoos (whom I often find irritating, whatever his managerial credentials), Ferdinand and Fernandes. Or ought to be. Seriously, how long we can go on like this?

I'll be amazed if anyone will take Caulker off us, who seems to be the SWP/Cesar (with mental health add-ons) of his time, i.e the latest in our sorry shower of grossly over-paid non-playing players. Yeni can go as soon as anyone can hail le taxi as far as I'm concerned. Sylla - there's a goalscorer in there, but IH doesn't seem to be able to harness it.

Now we'll probably go and slaughter Birmingham - football has a funny habit of sprinkling you with improbable stardust (as well as kicking you in the teeth)!

Roll on 2018 . . . :(
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Our biggest win this season is 2-1.

I don't think we'll be slaughtering anyone tbh.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3437
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 pm
If it's more than just journalistic speculation, however, I think it'll be a big further dent in the credibility of Hoos (whom I often find irritating, whatever his managerial credentials), Ferdinand and Fernandes.
What should/could they have done differently? They're on the post-iceberg Titanic with little plastic buckets.

On FFP, I personally think the authorities are happy to have a club that everyone knows, and has enjoyed a high profile, but is essentially powerless, to make an example of - a salutary lesson for others. None of this shit would be coming down on City, Utd etc cos' it wouldn't wash (and yes I know we broke the "rules" etc, etc). Hell, we couldn't even go into administration and not come out clear of debt like everyone else!

I'm drinking and maudlin, but there are times lately when I just wish they'd get it over with and fold us up, instead of this constant drip, drip, drip of FFP and negativity - I guess we've had worse times, but I can't recall them at the moment.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12791
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by dm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am

It appears the issue is mainly a salaries one so Caulker's departure is obviously the key as he'll be getting one of, if not the highest whack of any player.

I've no idea what Nbakoto and Sylla are on but perhaps their departures are more about not being in favour with Ollie and getting something for them to go into the current account.

It's worth noting that this season we bank a £10m parachute payment. Next season we'll get that amount again and then that's it.

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4050
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am

On the positive side, Lee Hoos was employed to stratagise a way forward through this, and to be fair I think he has.

The external forces of our continuing to have a FFP issue is not of his or the clubs doing I feel, OK I know we could simply suck it up but if you have the money to play hard ball and take an issue with it, I'd do the same.

We know that the FA. Football League and FIFA are run by a bunch of clowns. I'm not sayin that due to our situation simply on the back of one disaster after another, Blatter, England Womens Team, Welsh FA linked into the FA and rescinding cards at will, there's plenty there to challenge...

Those 3 that Dave Mc has highlighted wouldn't make any difference to us what so ever if they stay or go on the field of play, if we can get rid and re-align within FFP all well and good.

The bigger picture is just how many games can you lose before the super hero manager of Ian H has to been nudged out? Much as I like him and feel we should stick with him there comes a point....?

At least now I can see why various other Chairman like Bloom @ Brighton don't like us. Having run a tight, proper ship it must be galling to see others like us, divert our way around the rules whilst in the Premier League....
As for others not having to comply with FFP etc, I assume the Nottingham Forest position just passed them by :roll:

Fing Poo Wah indeed.....
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am

222gers wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm
I'm puzzled that we still seem to be falling foul of FFP. It would be nice to see the figures but we obviously never will.

The “belief” in the club that we can shift Caulker out seems like believing in fairy tales.
Loaning him to a club in the middle east, or Malaysia, where alcohol is hard to come by might be the tonic needed.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am
222gers wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm
I'm puzzled that we still seem to be falling foul of FFP. It would be nice to see the figures but we obviously never will.

The “belief” in the club that we can shift Caulker out seems like believing in fairy tales.
Loaning him to a club in the middle east, or Malaysia, where alcohol is hard to come by might be the tonic needed.
Aslong as it's just tonic.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3437
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am
222gers wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm
I'm puzzled that we still seem to be falling foul of FFP. It would be nice to see the figures but we obviously never will.

The “belief” in the club that we can shift Caulker out seems like believing in fairy tales.
Loaning him to a club in the middle east, or Malaysia, where alcohol is hard to come by might be the tonic needed.
Aslong as it's just tonic.
naughty :D
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6199
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am
It appears the issue is mainly a salaries one so Caulker's departure is obviously the key as he'll be getting one of, if not the highest whack of any player.

I've no idea what Nbakoto and Sylla are on but perhaps their departures are more about not being in favour with Ollie and getting something for them to go into the current account.

It's worth noting that this season we bank a £10m parachute payment. Next season we'll get that amount again and then that's it.
"It appears the issue is mainly a salaries one so Caulker's departure is obviously the key as he'll be getting one of, if not the highest whack of any player. "

Maybe it is just me but I cannot understand how the anomalies of FFP are accepted. We have already been found guilty of breaking the rules and surely that included punishment for giving massive contracts. Those contacts must now be honoured dispite whatever the FL might say so we are being possibly fined a second time for the same offence and for having to adhere to laws made by Government a higher legal body than the FL whatever the FL might think.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12791
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by dm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 pm
dm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am
It appears the issue is mainly a salaries one so Caulker's departure is obviously the key as he'll be getting one of, if not the highest whack of any player.

I've no idea what Nbakoto and Sylla are on but perhaps their departures are more about not being in favour with Ollie and getting something for them to go into the current account.

It's worth noting that this season we bank a £10m parachute payment. Next season we'll get that amount again and then that's it.
"It appears the issue is mainly a salaries one so Caulker's departure is obviously the key as he'll be getting one of, if not the highest whack of any player. "

Maybe it is just me but I cannot understand how the anomalies of FFP are accepted. We have already been found guilty of breaking the rules and surely that included punishment for giving massive contracts. Those contacts must now be honoured dispite whatever the FL might say so we are being possibly fined a second time for the same offence and for having to adhere to laws made by Government a higher legal body than the FL whatever the FL might think.
It's not just you, John. You make a very good point which, as far as I'm aware, has not been answered.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9673
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm

The fine that we are already threatened with relates to overspending in our promotion season of 2013-14.

Caulker was signed after that, so we wouldn't be being punished twice for the same offence. In any case, it would be a transfer embargo rather than a fine.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carrotstick, fxbghdfn and 32 guests