Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3834
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by 222gers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm

A small crumb of comfort would be that if we are found guilty of a further FFP offence it would not be on the scale of the first one so any punishment would be far more modest. All this presupposes TF paying the fines and not, as some fear, winding the club up.

All this said, I agree with all on here that FFP in the form that we fell foul of is draconian, grossly unfair and designed to keep us upstarts in our place.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5927
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm
The fine that we are already threatened with relates to overspending in our promotion season of 2013-14.

Caulker was signed after that, so we wouldn't be being punished twice for the same offence. In any case, it would be a transfer embargo rather than a fine.
Whatever spin you want to put on it our current possible problem with FFP seems to be due to salaries. We are contracted to pay Caulker up to July 2018 something we cannot get out of. So we may be punished for agreeing to the contract in July 2014. It would appear the consequence of FFP is basically you cannot sign contracts when in or promoted to the Premier League because relegation might make payment of those contracts break said rules. Really does not make sense does it not. To be charitable to the FL they may have brought in FFP for the best of intentions but in reality it really is a dogs dinner. The biggest joke of the lot is that we have been fined under the old rules when the FL themselves changed them because even they could see the unintended (I said I was being charitable to the FL) consequences.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by QPR1976 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:20 pm
Our biggest win this season is 2-1.

I don't think we'll be slaughtering anyone tbh.

Slightly pedantic but it’s not. We beat Reading 2-0 first game of the season.

Admittedly though we don’t look close to putting 3 past anyone atm and even if we profited from multiple OG’s, we’d probably conceed a similar anount.

I’d be very happy if we could offload Caulker and I’ve no issue if someone gave us something back on Yeni. But I wouldn’t consider letting go a striker until we got a replacement as there’s no point moaning about not scoring then getting rid of our most prolific poacher.
(Unless of course it was Mackie !)

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12354
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by dm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm
The fine that we are already threatened with relates to overspending in our promotion season of 2013-14.

Caulker was signed after that, so we wouldn't be being punished twice for the same offence. In any case, it would be a transfer embargo rather than a fine.
Whatever spin you want to put on it our current possible problem with FFP seems to be due to salaries. We are contracted to pay Caulker up to July 2018 something we cannot get out of. So we may be punished for agreeing to the contract in July 2014. It would appear the consequence of FFP is basically you cannot sign contracts when in or promoted to the Premier League because relegation might make payment of those contracts break said rules. Really does not make sense does it not. To be charitable to the FL they may have brought in FFP for the best of intentions but in reality it really is a dogs dinner. The biggest joke of the lot is that we have been fined under the old rules when the FL themselves changed them because even they could see the unintended (I said I was being charitable to the FL) consequences.
Yes, I think you're right John. Uxbridge is correct about the FFP fine from 2013-14 but it would seem Caulker's salary is potentially contributing to a new breaking of FFP rules in this season and therefore an additional fine.

As you say the FL have not thought this through. It smacks of utter incompetence.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6342
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:20 pm
Our biggest win this season is 2-1.

I don't think we'll be slaughtering anyone tbh.

Slightly pedantic but it’s not. We beat Reading 2-0 first game of the season.

Admittedly though we don’t look close to putting 3 past anyone atm and even if we profited from multiple OG’s, we’d probably conceed a similar anount.

I’d be very happy if we could offload Caulker and I’ve no issue if someone gave us something back on Yeni. But I wouldn’t consider letting go a striker until we got a replacement as there’s no point moaning about not scoring then getting rid of our most prolific poacher.
(Unless of course it was Mackie !)
Stand corrected.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by the big IP » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 am

Can someone clarify if we are still paying him his full wage ?

I hear someone mentioning he is on minimum wage,

I know no one would ever sign them but contracts should be 1/3 basic, 1/'3 performance and 1/3 win bonus.

Plus relegation clauses should be a prerequisite

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5103
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 pm

"Apparantly" Davef has not been seen in a while :D
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3297
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 pm
"Apparantly" Davef has not been seen in a while :D
Shhhhh! I hear he's like the "Candyman"...
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9969
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Damien » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm
The fine that we are already threatened with relates to overspending in our promotion season of 2013-14.

Caulker was signed after that, so we wouldn't be being punished twice for the same offence. In any case, it would be a transfer embargo rather than a fine.
Whatever spin you want to put on it our current possible problem with FFP seems to be due to salaries. We are contracted to pay Caulker up to July 2018 something we cannot get out of. So we may be punished for agreeing to the contract in July 2014. It would appear the consequence of FFP is basically you cannot sign contracts when in or promoted to the Premier League because relegation might make payment of those contracts break said rules. Really does not make sense does it not. To be charitable to the FL they may have brought in FFP for the best of intentions but in reality it really is a dogs dinner. The biggest joke of the lot is that we have been fined under the old rules when the FL themselves changed them because even they could see the unintended (I said I was being charitable to the FL) consequences.
Yes, I think you're right John. Uxbridge is correct about the FFP fine from 2013-14 but it would seem Caulker's salary is potentially contributing to a new breaking of FFP rules in this season and therefore an additional fine.

As you say the FL have not thought this through. It smacks of utter incompetence.
I'd actually call it spite on the FL's behalf. They have already landed us with the biggest fine in football/sport history and now just want to twist the knife further. They and the ones holding up our planning applications for training ground and new stadium, seem to be hell bent on putting us out of business. Yet they fawn all over us when Grenfell is involved(laudable as it is). Am I just paranoid?
Last edited by Damien on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12354
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by dm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Damien wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 pm
dm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm


Whatever spin you want to put on it our current possible problem with FFP seems to be due to salaries. We are contracted to pay Caulker up to July 2018 something we cannot get out of. So we may be punished for agreeing to the contract in July 2014. It would appear the consequence of FFP is basically you cannot sign contracts when in or promoted to the Premier League because relegation might make payment of those contracts break said rules. Really does not make sense does it not. To be charitable to the FL they may have brought in FFP for the best of intentions but in reality it really is a dogs dinner. The biggest joke of the lot is that we have been fined under the old rules when the FL themselves changed them because even they could see the unintended (I said I was being charitable to the FL) consequences.
Yes, I think you're right John. Uxbridge is correct about the FFP fine from 2013-14 but it would seem Caulker's salary is potentially contributing to a new breaking of FFP rules in this season and therefore an additional fine.

As you say the FL have not thought this through. It smacks of utter incompetence.
I'd actually call it spite on the FL's behalf. They have already landed us with the biggest fine in football/sport history and now just want to twist the knife further. They and the ones holding up our planning applications for training ground and new stadium, seem to be hell bent on putting us out of business. Yet they fawn all over us when Grenfell is involved(laudable as it is). All I just paranoid?
Well it's not difficult to feel as if all and sundry are against us. There's no question we've brought some of our troubles on ourselves but there are times when it feel whatever we try and do we get pushed back.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3834
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by 222gers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm

It's natural to think they're all against us really. However, I feel the manner in which we breached the rules contributes much towards it. We drove the proverbial coach and horses through the legislation rather than just falling foul of it. Like all on here I find the FFP rules grossly unfair but it must have been like a red flag to a bull to the FL.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9969
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Apparantly we are close to breaking FFP again

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Yes we broke rules and are rightly been punished for it. But like the punishment of Luton... it seems disproportionate.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 222gers, Bing [Bot], carrotstick and 27 guests