I'll give this to Ollie

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

I'll give this to Ollie

Post by old pauline » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 pm

He's a courageous man.

Putting out that ball playing team with two out and out ball playing midfielders (one of them knee high to the Leeds centre backs) and trying to beat that big, strong Leeds team by playing football for at least 45 minutes. He's a brave man.

No-one knows where we'll end up in May 2018 but hats off to Ollie for at least trying to make us a passing and moving team.

And if we do end up staying up by the skins of our teeths or even going down at least we will have a few ball playing players of the right age to work with in 2018/19
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: I'll give this to Ollie

Post by 222gers » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:52 pm

And there's always Manning as well. When (if?) all the defenders are back the side starts to look a bit better apart from the accursed “strikers” if that's not a misnomer.

The problem is how Holloway uses them. Surely he'll play a wider formation soon ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:00 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 pm
He's a courageous man.

Putting out that ball playing team with two out and out ball playing midfielders (one of them knee high to the Leeds centre backs) and trying to beat that big, strong Leeds team by playing football for at least 45 minutes. He's a brave man.

No-one knows where we'll end up in May 2018 but hats off to Ollie for at least trying to make us a passing and moving team.

And if we do end up staying up by the skins of our teeths or even going down at least we will have a few ball playing players of the right age to work with in 2018/19
If we go down which I don't think we will do u think the likes of Luongo Scowen Freeman & Smithies will stay on, I doubt it.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 pm

We'll obviously cross that bridge when we come to it. But I can sympathise with Ollie. And I felt his selection was right on the face of it. As also stated, we do need a quick winger though. We need Bright to get up to speed pdq
Come on you Sooopa ........

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:27 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 pm
We'll obviously cross that bridge when we come to it. But I can sympathise with Ollie. And I felt his selection was right on the face of it. As also stated, we do need a quick winger though. We need Bright to get up to speed pdq
Might help if he played him - he'll never get up to speed otherwise
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:30 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:00 pm
old pauline wrote:
He's a courageous man.

If we go down which I don't think we will do u think the likes of Luongo Scowen Freeman & Smithies will stay on, I doubt it.
I think Luongo and Smithies would be off, as they could do a lot better and they have been here a while to be fair. The other two might stick around, but then again we might want to cash in. Let's hope it doesn't come to that...
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:43 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 pm
Or there's Olamide Shodipo who I thought did well last season when he came in. He could beat his man and deliver a decent cross. Matt Smith particularly, but actually all of our strikers are crying out for a decent delivery into the box.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:30 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:00 pm
old pauline wrote:
He's a courageous man.

I think Luongo and Smithies would be off, as they could do a lot better and they have been here a while to be fair. The other two might stick around, but then again we might want to cash in. Let's hope it doesn't come to that...
Wouldn't blame Smithies BG, he must be sick of picking the ball out of the net.
Keepers are however one of the easier parts of any team to replace. Luongo - I wouldn't miss him if he decides he deserves better(though many will disagree). Freeman and Scowen won't have that many better options at this level... so they should still be here whatever happens. One things for sure, this squad needs pruning as too much of it is peripheral and draining the clubs meagre finances.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm

old pauline wrote:
He's a courageous man.

aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap