Three managerial suggestions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Why would anyone in a job join? We have no money, a chairman who is useless and a playing squad that is not very good. Any prospect will be interviewed and any questions he asks will provide feeble answers. The only chance is someone out of a job. The choice is ideally to keep IH as there is nothing great out there who would want to come. If we don't get any points by xmas then i don't think there is any choice but he will have to go and we need to pick the best of those out of work. Grayson for me.
Of course given FFP the truth maybe that TF has already given up. We get relegated , we get fined, he winds the club up and as i have said before the ground is owned separately and he can sell according to Savills for £40m. I don't believe a word he says and anyway it will be up to his investors not him at the end of the day. I was writing on here 4 years ago that he was leading us to League 1 and oblivion. I remember someone bet me £500 it would not happen. Well unfortunately we need something of a turn around to make me other than totally pessimistic.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Football outside the premier league is unsustainable it is getting worse & I firmly believe something will have to give even in my lifetime.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm resigned to the fact that I like to think of myself as one of the "don't sack the manager" types, but I might not be.

Older, younger, experienced, inexperienced: currently I can't really see anyone doing much worse than IH is.

Yes, we have issues, but we're not alone in that. Yes, resources are limited but we've got a mid table squad I would still argue.

Injuries have been an issue, but we have younger players that should be able to cover and aren't being given the chance.

I'm struggling currently to see where our next points might materialise from, and so time is very much running out for me now.

No idea who should replace him, but I'm fitting a load of underfloor heating and a ground source heat pump next week, because that is my job and choosing our next manager is someone else's.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:47 pm

W12Allstars wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:37 pm
I'm resigned to the fact that I like to think of myself as one of the "don't sack the manager" types, but I might not be.

Older, younger, experienced, inexperienced: currently I can't really see anyone doing much worse than IH is.

Yes, we have issues, but we're not alone in that. Yes, resources are limited but we've got a mid table squad I would still argue.

Injuries have been an issue, but we have younger players that should be able to cover and aren't being given the chance.

I'm struggling currently to see where our next points might materialise from, and so time is very much running out for me now.

No idea who should replace him, but I'm fitting a load of underfloor heating and a ground source heat pump next week, because that is my job and choosing our next manager is someone else's.
Underfloor heating, I brought sum of that yesterday, thermal heat socks.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Not sacking the manager seems to be trending, which is surely all kinds of wrong on a messageboard.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:42 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am

Haven't you learnt from the high flying JFH the Burton genius that lasted less than a year at Qpr & is now heading the same way in League1.

Quickest way to ruin a young manager with potential, Give him the Qpr job.
So on that basis you wouldn't give the job to any younger / youngish manager from the lower leagues? They're all the same right?

Luton are scoring for fun. He must know something about strikers.
But he wouldn't be bringing Luton with him, he would be taking over a side two divisions above that are totally shot to pieces devoid of a game plan a goalscorer & spiraling down the table, he'll probably be operating in the same division as us next season anyway.

I agree there are many decent managers out there in the Lower leagues but imo Qpr is not a job for a rookie, your on a hiding to nothing taking over at Qpr, the job will eat someone inexperienced alive.
Would that be anything to do with fans like you who don't give them time and slag them off from the start?

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Constructive.?
No..just negative and sarcastic Lala.
Anybody that comes up with a very valid point and answer just gets shot down in flames.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 pm

sohamranger wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:30 pm
Constructive.?
No..just negative and sarcastic Lala.
Anybody that comes up with a very valid point and answer just gets shot down in flames.
What Powell Grayson & the Shrewsbury manager are the answer?

Behave!!

Oh and how long have u been on Esox's payroll with the rest of the c*nts!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm

willo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm

So on that basis you wouldn't give the job to any younger / youngish manager from the lower leagues? They're all the same right?

Luton are scoring for fun. He must know something about strikers.
But he wouldn't be bringing Luton with him, he would be taking over a side two divisions above that are totally shot to pieces devoid of a game plan a goalscorer & spiraling down the table, he'll probably be operating in the same division as us next season anyway.

I agree there are many decent managers out there in the Lower leagues but imo Qpr is not a job for a rookie, your on a hiding to nothing taking over at Qpr, the job will eat someone inexperienced alive.
Would that be anything to do with fans like you who don't give them time and slag them off from the start?
Time? Who gets time in football, what you wana do roll Ollie over tickle his tummy and say come on Ollie we've got time, even if it is in League1.

Honestly the fairy dust and magic pills half this board takes makes me laugh.

Go on then go get a league2 manager who is incharge of a glorified pub team scoring five every week & put him in the Qpr dugout :roll:

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm
willo wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Time? Who gets time in football, what you wana do roll Ollie over tickle his tummy and say come on Ollie we've got time, even if it is in League1.

Go on then go get a league2 manager who is incharge of a glorified pub team scoring five every week & put him in the Qpr dugout :roll:
Woosh!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

willo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
willo wrote:

Woosh!
So u don't want a league two inexperienced manager now, come on make your mind up.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm
willo wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Woosh!
So u don't want a league two inexperienced manager now, come on make your mind up.
Oh dear.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 pm

willo wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
willo wrote:

Woosh!
Oh dear.
Woosh!

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 pm
willo wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Oh dear.
Woosh!
You're nothing if not entertaining.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:50 pm

willo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 pm
willo wrote:

Oh dear.
Woosh!
You're nothing if not entertaining.
Cheers willo excuse the petulance just lost a lump on the city game.

Think I better log off before I lose the plot on here and get a red card.