Three managerial suggestions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by dm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Well I didn't expect this thread would spark off verbal fisticuffs. I was genuinley interested in people's views on potential replacement managers, but we're all too fed up with QPR aren't we?

I know the feeling.

Cheer up. It'll be Christmas soon.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:31 pm

For me, there isn't anyone better than IH available anyway...

And as already mentioned, the constraints that any new manager would be working under here are severe to say the least. It's not an appealing job at the moment.

For his faults, Holloway has had to make a lot of changes, big changes, in a relatively short period of time. The additions he has bought in, the likes of Freeman and Scowen have done very well.

Having Grant Hall back would make a huge difference, and if we can pull another rabbit out of the hat up top I think we would see a huge upturn in results.

Personally, I like Sylla... I think given a run in the side he will score goals.

But Smith appears to be a very good impact sub, not a starter and Washington just isn't up to it IMO.

Any manager would struggle with those 3 as the only options up front. We dont have enough attacking options and 3/4 of the defence are unavailable to boot.

Tough time at the moment, for whoever was in charge.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:13 pm
Agree with need not to kick Holloway out right now.

The problem lies mostly with these 3:

Matt Smith: Saw him try to control a bouncing ball with his feet yesterday - comical!
Idrissa Sylla: Very very lazy, not technically gifted, usually has not impact.
Conor Washington: Cow's arse and banjo come to mind... need I say more.

If you can't score goals you're going down.
Is the correct answer. Not much coming from our much vaunted midfield either.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 pm
Why would anyone in a job join? We have no money, a chairman who is useless and a playing squad that is not very good. Any prospect will be interviewed and any questions he asks will provide feeble answers. The only chance is someone out of a job. The choice is ideally to keep IH as there is nothing great out there who would want to come. If we don't get any points by xmas then i don't think there is any choice but he will have to go and we need to pick the best of those out of work. Grayson for me.
Of course given FFP the truth maybe that TF has already given up. We get relegated , we get fined, he winds the club up and as i have said before the ground is owned separately and he can sell according to Savills for £40m. I don't believe a word he says and anyway it will be up to his investors not him at the end of the day. I was writing on here 4 years ago that he was leading us to League 1 and oblivion. I remember someone bet me £500 it would not happen. Well unfortunately we need something of a turn around to make me other than totally pessimistic.
This is the scenario that gives me sleepless nights Andrew. I hope and pray we still have a club to support in 2020.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

On DM's original question, I'd go for Wild Thing or look abroad. But only at the end of the season.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Here's my three:

Mary, Mungo and Midge

AKA

Cisse, Rowland, Spencer
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

El Gerbil

Post by El Gerbil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Was going to suggest Ryan Nelsen but just took a look at his Toronto record, not good and nothing since!

If only because I found them inspirational players, I'd be willing to give Derry or Ainsworth time if they were appointed but I guess great playing days does not make a great manager eh?

Perhaps we could get the ex Hull fella turning miracles in Sweden or wherever it is.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 pm

How many more points do you think we would have right now if pep or jose were incharge.

It's a serious question

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 pm
How many more points do you think we would have right now if pep or jose were incharge.

It's a serious question
I'd be interested in your answer to your own question.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

It's a serious question
Its not a serious proposition though is it ? So what's the point in asking the question ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

It's a serious question
It crossed my mind a while back & I thought it wouldn't make a lot of difference we are what we are.

But on second thoughts I think we would be doing a hell of a lot better, motivation & tactics would be improved ten fold.

I'm afraid to say although I expected a bottom 8 season & the managerial revolving door isn't helping us, ollie continusly proving to show that he is tactically inept is starting to push my patience tbh.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:09 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

It's a serious question
Its not a serious proposition though is it ? So what's the point in asking the question ?
I'm just wondering if others feel the team is the problem (quality wise) or the manger is (motivation and ability wise).

Pre season & Up until recently I thought it was the team but I'm starting to question the manager.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:28 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 pm
dm wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

It's a serious question
It crossed my mind a while back & I thought it wouldn't make a lot of difference we are what we are.

But on second thoughts I think we would be doing a hell of a lot better, motivation & tactics would be improved ten fold.

I'm afraid to say although I expected a bottom 8 season & the managerial revolving door isn't helping us, ollie continusly proving to show that he is tactically inept is starting to push my patience tbh.
Ollie has always been a bit of a strange one with tactics and team selection - but he's not the only one is he? He's had terribly bad luck with injuries and things could well have been different without those.

I'll withhold judgement on Ollie until the end of the season and still expect us to be in the Championship.

As for your original question, I doubt if either manager would know what to do in this division.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:58 pm

I agree with dm. Ollie has been unlucky with injuries and without having a couple of £5-10m strikers at his disposal he has tried hard to get the best out of what he has. Yes, he goes with players who don't look up to it now and again but his hand is tied and he can only work with what he has. I actually think we have generally been set up pretty well in most games. We have just lost heart/concentration after doing lots of hard work but failing to make a break through. Anyone who doesn't think we've had a game plan or tactics clearly cannot see and understand what is going on in the games. And to top it all, as others have said, I don't think there is anyone else AVAILABLE who would do a better job with the resources at hand.
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 pm
dm wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

It's a serious question

I don't think Holloway has a problem with motivation. This team works as hard as any I've seen. Tactics are a different kettle of fish. As QPR-John pointed out, there have been so many games when the opposition has taken the field in the second half set up differently from the first half and outmaneuvered us. Holloway seems to have little answer to this. I wonder where we would be in the league if the halftime score remained to the end. Perhaps those that are calling for an extra coach are right