Just back....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Just back....

Post by Giorgio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:45 pm

...to frozen Dublin....and few points....

Today we were better in the first half. They were better in the second half.
The difference ? I did not count how many chances we created BUT we had not even ONE shot in target...in goal....
their keeper can sell his gloves on E-Bay as NEW- NEVER USED.
They instead created two chances and scored two goals.
Then ok..we came back one...curious to see it again as my impression from the Upper Loft was that the ball was not in...
and then, it is not always Brentford-time, so after Sylla missed on chance, unlucky, they scored again in a fast counter attack...

Well....also today we did not have a RB, as Pavel is not a RB. If Ollie does not trust Furlong, can we get one decent RB on the January window ?
Then, may be it is time to stop starting Washington that IMO is doing almost nothing that I expect from a striker.
Then...what's wrong with Freeman...he does not look anymore the very good player, able to cut the midfield...

Now we go to Brum..if I am not wrong it is the place that saw our last away win.....they must have put even a plaque... :D :D
Last edited by Giorgio on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just back....

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Once again big respect Giorgio, to travel from Ireland to watch another painful defeat.

Top man, the club don't deserve fans like you.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Missed only one home match this season.....but honestly I went near to give up, early this morning when I woke up and saw my car and
all the road covered in a thin layer of frosty ice....I went so near to go back inside the warm bed.... :mrgreen: aniwall aniwall

...anyway every home match I see some of the Irish Rs....they rotate but there is always someone attending the match....
ok...not as crazy as I am going to all... :wink:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 pm
Missed only one home match this season.....but honestly I went near to give up, early this morning when I woke up and saw my car and
all the road covered in a thin layer of frosty ice....I went so near to go back inside the warm bed.... :mrgreen: aniwall aniwall
You could have got a flight to the beautiful city of Turin & watched Juventus v Inter, just as cold Giorgio but atleast the players on the pitch would have matched your passion & commitment.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:42 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 pm
You could have got a flight to the beautiful city of Turin & watched Juventus v Inter, just as cold Giorgio but atleast the players on the pitch would have matched your passion & commitment.
...well...I really hate Juventus...cheating bastards...and honestly do not like Inter too...

in Italy only my home club Bologna....but I can not go and watch them, due to lack of flights....only Ryan flying there twice a week...
From Dublin to London I have so many options to go in the morning and come back in the evening...one hour flight,
three different air companies, 4 airports and approx 20 flights....so it is much easier....like commuting for work...

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:46 am

Just out of interest, Giorgio, how/why did you become a QPR supporter for your sins?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:30 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:46 am
Just out of interest, Giorgio, how/why did you become a QPR supporter for your sins?

I hope that's not rhetorical :wink:
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 am

You might be right that Ollie doesn't trust Furlong, but the lad has been out injured in recent weeks. Otherwise, given the injury crisis I think we may well have seen him play.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:01 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
..it was a deadly curse..... :mrgreen: I had been a bad boy so my parents sent me to Ealing, as a child to study English...
and it happened I went to LR....watching Francis, Masson, Bowles...
and fell in love for that team...that shirt...that atmosphere....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:01 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
..it was a deadly curse..... :mrgreen:
I was in Ealing as a child to study English...and it happened I went to LR....watching Francis, Masson, Bowles...
and fell in love for that team...that shirt...that atmosphere....
If only you had chosen Kensington & Chelsea college :lol:

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 am
If only you had chosen Kensington & Chelsea college :lol:
...impossible....I have the tendency to pick always the most difficult and unlikely options.... :roll:
that's my life, nothing easy...but I like it that way.... :D :D

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am

Girogio - great story for choosing QPR, just to check, had you been so bad that your parents also bought you the ticket for QPR?

Your support, is inspiring.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 am

whittonhoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am
Girogio - great story for choosing QPR, just to check, had you been so bad that your parents also bought you the ticket for QPR?

..well....I was hosted in a family..so instead of asking - as many boys do at that age "who's on top of the league" to pick the easy option -
I asked "who's the local club"..and they told me QPR....so the first match that came on Saturday I went to LR ....and of course I saw
a defeat 1-2 to Villa..... good, promising start ... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 am
whittonhoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am

..well....I was hosted in a family..so instead of asking - as many boys do at that age "who's on top of the league" to pick the easy option -
I asked "who's the local club"..and they told me QPR....so the first match that came on Saturday I went to LR ....and of course I saw
a defeat 1-2 to Villa..... good, promising start ... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That happens a lot nowadays . Who are my local team Dad ? .......
Oh..f..k it I will support Liverpool/Man United/ anyone but my local club

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:42 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 pm
...well...I really hate Juventus...cheating bastards...and honestly do not like Inter too...

in Italy only my home club Bologna....but I can not go and watch them, due to lack of flights....only Ryan flying there twice a week...
From Dublin to London I have so many options to go in the morning and come back in the evening...one hour flight,
three different air companies, 4 airports and approx 20 flights....so it is much easier....like commuting for work...
Unrelated but Bologna is a lovely city.