In amongst the ashes

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

In amongst the ashes

Post by Greyhound » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:11 pm

of our broken dreams, I was impressed with both Bidwell and Wszolek today as full backs - I would keep Pavel there permanently. Both got forward well and put the ball into the box, particularly first half. Robinson looks more and more 'cultured' with every game and Chair looks a great prospect.

Now back to the whiskey.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: In amongst the ashes

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Bidwell with an absolutely fantastic tackle in the box first half. I like Jake he's a 7 out of 10 every week player.

I have to disagree about Pav. Should be nowhere near a right back slot when people are fit. Good going forward but defending isn't his strong point and looks lost of all confidence when played there.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:41 pm

He's a winger. Not a RB. Also his name is Pawel. Not Pavel, Pav etc. One bloke starting to try a "super PAV" Spurs esq til I told him that's not his name. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It's like calling someone called Gary - Barry. ๐Ÿ˜

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Have to agree Pav is no right back. Better to have Furlong or Perch(y) when fit. Very encouraging to have Hall and Ned back. We must get something at Brum to raise spirits. I thought some of the players looked despondant in the second half, for all his faults Holloway has managed to get them playing with much gusto. If we lose that we are indeed doomed.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 pm

I think Pawel does okay at RB/RWB but really, he is a RW. That said, he kept over hitting his crosses today which was very frustrating.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:23 am

LewiHoop wrote: โ†‘
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:41 pm
He's a winger. Not a RB. Also his name is Pawel. Not Pavel, Pav etc. One bloke starting to try a "super PAV" Spurs esq til I told him that's not his name. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It's like calling someone called Gary - Barry. ๐Ÿ˜
Oh come on mate

People pronounce his name Pavel wether you like it or not... on the pitch people call him Pav I've heard it with my own two ears. There really is worse things for you to get wound up about.

It's like saying don't calls Bidwell Bidds because his name is Bidwell. You should be grateful if people try and start songs near you that aren't just one (Insert name) theres only one (Insert name) as thats all i ever seem to get!

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Bidwell plays at 80-90% of his ability.Very impressed at left-back.

At right-back Pawel is our best option, but he has such bad habits I see why Ollie dropped him.
1.Can dribble but never gets in the penalty box.Should receive the ball higher up the pitch.
2.Never gets in the box when the opposite side player crosses in.
3.Sometimes defends (when he remembers) forgets a lot of the time- I think the football term is poor concentration.Dimwit more like.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

The Bidwell tackle at the end of the first half was total and utter perfection. I have to say, as a player I actually find him very frustrating... But that's just my opinion.

Pawel was our only real option at RB as Furlong had only trained for a day. He had a decent game.

Still much rather see him play in an advanced role though. One of the few that can actually deliver a decent ball.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss