How long does Holloway have?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: How long does Holloway have?

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:49 pm
dm wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:27 pm
Alright then. Name me three managers who'd not just be prepared to replace Ollie but would do a better job?
Winnie Mandela
A cabbage from the local allotment
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
And that's what it comes down to. You all want him sacked and have no idea who to replace him with so in 6 months time you'll all be here bitching again. You wanted the last four managers sacked and with each sacking we have got worse. Can you not see that constantly changing managers is just not working for us?
Largely agree. I'm not sure that Holloway is the right person for the job, but if someone wants him gone, then presumably they have a credible replacement in mind. Otherwise we're just making the same mistakes over and over again.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 pm
Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Winnie Mandela
A cabbage from the local allotment
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
And that's what it comes down to. You all want him sacked and have no idea who to replace him with so in 6 months time you'll all be here bitching again. You wanted the last four managers sacked and with each sacking we have got worse. Can you not see that constantly changing managers is just not working for us?
Largely agree. I'm not sure that Holloway is the right person for the job, but if someone wants him gone, then presumably they have a credible replacement in mind. Otherwise we're just making the same mistakes over and over again.
The problem with having to name a credible replacement is how many managers do we know sufficiently well. Of course there are the 20 in the Premier League but I think we would all agree they are out of the question similaly many in the Championship. How many of us have detailed knowledge of managers in the lower leagues I don't so it seems I have no right to have an opinion on Holloway. Maybe I should leave it to those who have an in depth knowledge of all the managers out there, I suppose it makes sense. I do have one name and it fits in with the idea it seems that the main criteria for a QPR manager is that he has an attachment to the club. Can I throw in the name of Gareth Ainsworth really no idea whether he would make any difference but he seems to be doing a job at Wycombe.

dbak
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by dbak » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Tough times right now. very frustrating I'm not blaming the players its not their fault, They are trying

I dont care how much passion is running through holloways blood in relation to our club, It's his footballing brain that is not working. when we are bottom 3 by new years day having probably lost 11 out of 12, or maybe thats not fair we may get 1 win then maybe we will see action,

Next week at birmingham you watch we'll be set up to draw and not get beaten

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Anyone up for a bit of Paul Hart in temporary charge Boxing Day?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 am

I think a few more defeats and Ollie's position will become untenable unless we have some great deals lined up in January and he gets the chance to work with any new players.

At the moment I am in favour of keeping him but another 3, 4, 5 defeats on the spin and even Ollie's staunchest supporters will have to admit something has to give.

Many fans keep talking about our dream midfield which picks itself but are they really that good? Do they offer adequate protection to the defence? Do they create plenty of chances for our strikers? Whatever Ollie is doing I think he needs a rethink because currently it's really not working. New formation and way of playing required.

Having said that I just watched today's highlights. The first two goals were down to individual errors and the third goal took a deflection. No manager can be blamed for that.

Special mention to Luke Freeman, Jack Robinson and Matt Smith who all busted a gut in the 94th minute trying to prevent Leeds third. You can't coach that.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:31 am

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm
Holloway should've got the sack when we lost against Vauxhall Motors. He didn't and we went on to make the playoffs then get promoted the following year and finish in midtable in the championship the year after that.

So, we need to stick with Holloway and hopefully he will turn this around, like he did before, once the injured players come back. Have faith.

U R'sssssssss
Who are our injured strikers?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:35 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:31 am
Who are our injured strikers?
Again to be fair to Ollie; Matt Smith is the only striker he has brought in to the club, all the others he inherited.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:51 am

Rbee wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 am
I think a few more defeats and Ollie's position will become untenable unless we have some great deals lined up in January and he gets the chance to work with any new players.

At the moment I am in favour of keeping him but another 3, 4, 5 defeats on the spin and even Ollie's staunchest supporters will have to admit something has to give.

Many fans keep talking about our dream midfield which picks itself but are they really that good? Do they offer adequate protection to the defence? Do they create plenty of chances for our strikers? Whatever Ollie is doing I think he needs a rethink because currently it's really not working. New formation and way of playing required.

Having said that I just watched today's highlights. The first two goals were down to individual errors and the third goal took a deflection. No manager can be blamed for that.

Special mention to Luke Freeman, Jack Robinson and Matt Smith who all busted a gut in the 94th minute trying to prevent Leeds third. You can't coach that.
He played four central midfielders today. The amount of space on our flanks was astonishing. Whenever we had possession, our wing backs were behind the ball so didn't offer an outlet - meaning we had to go through the congested centre - and their first two goals came from the flanks because in the second half they realised that the aforementioned wing back had no protection. In addition, playing our giant striker who thrives on crosses without playing one of the 367 wingers at the club was just typical clueless Holloway management.

Anyway keep the abuse coming boys; I'm a season ticket holder like many of you but I'm not blinkered to the demerits of the DoF and manager simply because they used to play for us. I'm sure that Les is a lovely fellow - if he wants a job as Community Rep, he'd be perfect - but he's responsible for appointing three duds as manager. As Director of Football, he should ultimately be held accountable for the football we play, and it's really not working. We haven't won away for 17 matches, we're extremely predictable and you can see teams like Villa and Leeds working us out during matches and realising that if they get at us down the flanks, we are eminently beatable.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:11 am

Rbee wrote:

Agree about the midfield. Totally over-rated and get an easy ride from most on here.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:25 am

sohamranger wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm
Of course things aren't good at the moment....thats an understatement but any team that has had as many defensive injuries as we've had must surely make a difference?
Lynch..Perch, Ned,.Hall,Furlong... I think anybody including the likes Man City Everton Swansea ,whoever.., that loses 4/5 potential first teamers would surely be affected..
Not an excuse but surely must be taken into consideration ?
Have we been able to field a settled or our first choice defence this season ?
Not sure we have.
I appreciate your point but just can't help thinking this injury crisis is a little bit over blown and yes, maybe a convenient excuse for our current malaise. Yes, sure we are missing some capable first teamers but illustrious Galacticos they are not. Championship football and its relentless programme of games is always going to require a bit of strength in depth. To expect to field a settled eleven for anything other than a short string of games is pure folly. This is where good managers earn their corn. Alas, our incumbent is coming up short, too many bewildering decisions across the entire field of play are contributing to our current rut. I really want IH to succeed but he just doesn't seem to be able to pursue a path of measured adaptability to his selections or tactics. I really think this squad, with or without the injury list, has a lot more to give than we are currently witnessing. IH needs some help and soon, before we get on that all too familiar managerial merry-go-round again.
Question everything.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm
The problem with having to name a credible replacement is how many managers do we know sufficiently well. Of course there are the 20 in the Premier League but I think we would all agree they are out of the question similaly many in the Championship. How many of us have detailed knowledge of managers in the lower leagues I don't so it seems I have no right to have an opinion on Holloway. Maybe I should leave it to those who have an in depth knowledge of all the managers out there, I suppose it makes sense. I do have one name and it fits in with the idea it seems that the main criteria for a QPR manager is that he has an attachment to the club. Can I throw in the name of Gareth Ainsworth really no idea whether he would make any difference but he seems to be doing a job at Wycombe.
John, I have no authority or desire to take away your right to express your opinion about Ollie. This a football fans message board after all. I was simply expressing my own view on the particular debate in this thread.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:03 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:51 am
Rbee wrote:

He played four central midfielders today. The amount of space on our flanks was astonishing. Whenever we had possession, our wing backs were behind the ball so didn't offer an outlet - meaning we had to go through the congested centre - and their first two goals came from the flanks because in the second half they realised that the aforementioned wing back had no protection. In addition, playing our giant striker who thrives on crosses without playing one of the 367 wingers at the club was just typical clueless Holloway management.

Anyway keep the abuse coming boys; I'm a season ticket holder like many of you but I'm not blinkered to the demerits of the DoF and manager simply because they used to play for us. I'm sure that Les is a lovely fellow - if he wants a job as Community Rep, he'd be perfect - but he's responsible for appointing three duds as manager. As Director of Football, he should ultimately be held accountable for the football we play, and it's really not working. We haven't won away for 17 matches, we're extremely predictable and you can see teams like Villa and Leeds working us out during matches and realising that if they get at us down the flanks, we are eminently beatable.
Albert, I wish you'd post more stuff like this instead of acting the troll. I agree with you regarding Ollie's tactics. They can baffle me at the best of times. The only way I can understand his reluctance to play wide men is to protect the defence by playing a narrow formation. Not that it did us much good yesterday and I think he's got this wrong for the reasons you give.

If you feel I've been abusive, I apologise. We all feel passionately about QPR but that's no excuse for not communicating reasonably.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 am

dm wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:03 am
Albert, I wish you'd post more stuff like this instead of acting the troll. I agree with you regarding Ollie's tactics. They can baffle me at the best of times. The only way I can understand his reluctance to play wide men is to protect the defence by playing a narrow formation. Not that it did us much good yesterday and I think he's got this wrong for the reasons you give.

If you feel I've been abusive, I apologise. We all feel passionately about QPR but that's no excuse for not communicating reasonably.
Don't apologise. Most of the time he just posts messages suggesting that we are all blinkered and satisfied with what we're watching, rather than the reality that we're watching it with gritted teeth, unable to do anything to effect what is happening on the field. This is the longest post I can remember from him, and I agree with you, it's sensible and shows he actually thinks about the game. More of this please Albert, less of the "happy clapper" shit, and I'm sure we can all rub along as supporters.

...and it would still be nice to get your view after one of our -admittedly rare- good performances!
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm

As I've said before Holloway isn't untouchable - we've lost 5 out of 6
no tactics at all and lumping to Smith isn't tactical nous!!!
Staff Benda Bilili

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:33 pm

La la is such a twat.